Chantix....anybody try it?

Thats what that bbok I mentioned gets you to do, turn your thinking around from I am giving up something I enjoy...to I am going to stop delivering a nasty drug to my system and I am ecstatic that I am going to quit.

You know when you get it is the first time you ride down the street in your car, and rolll up to stop light and the guy in the car next to you is smoking. If your first thought is"lucky bastard, i would love a smoke right now" as opposed to "poor SOB still has to smoke, so glad I am an ex-smoker", then it will be nigh impossible to quit. It is all about the mental approach I think!

NICE

:lol:

• 8 months later...
  • Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So....I started taking Chantix on Saturday...next Saturday is my quit date...so far I haven't killed anyone or contemplated suicide. :(

If you feel the need to beat someone about the head and shoulders...remember Victor.

Good luck!

So....I started taking Chantix on Saturday...next Saturday is my quit date...so far I haven't killed anyone or contemplated suicide. :(

AWESOME!!! Me still smoke free almost a year later. Every once in a great while still get a little urge to have one, but lasts about a nano second. Plenty of friends still smoke, doesn't bother me in the least

Still highly recommend you read the Easy Way to quit Smoking by Allen Carr. Stojan had success with it as well, nit sure if he has stayed quit or not,haven't seen him on here since he was married.

Anyway, you just have to know you are going to be successful!!!

Why "unfortunately"?

I smoked for over 30 years and have been smoke free for about 13 years, except for maybe one or two cigars a year. It was the worst (and only) addiction I ever had, and I feel SO MUCH BETTER than when I smoked.

The first side effect was I had money in my wallet at the end of the week. :(

Whatever you choose to do, good luck!

I only say "unfortunately" because I do enjoy a good smoke.

Plenz...quick question for you...have you had a cigar since you quit the cigarettes? If so, how did that go? If not, any plans to enjoy the occasional cigar?

I only say "unfortunately" because I do enjoy a good smoke.

Plenz...quick question for you...have you had a cigar since you quit the cigarettes? If so, how did that go? If not, any plans to enjoy the occasional cigar?

No, I am tobacco and nicotine free (knock on wood) rest of my life. I think some folks who quit the butts can enjoy a cigar every now and again, just know it wouldn't work for me. Prooly not to hard for me as I never really truly enjoyed cigars liked I LOVED a Marlboro Red.

If taking Chantix, I recommend visiting a Chuckie Cheese every day, blending in with the Adderall/Ritalin/Divorced Parent-with Court-ordered custody crowd.

Soul mates.