Top 25 Best and Worst Hair Metal Bands

Best? Worst? Is there really a difference? They're Hair bands, for god's sake.

PTR

My sentiments exactly. I do agree with the list of worst for the most part. I definitely think Guns 'N Bozo's suck.

9) Spinal Tap: Yes, and there's also no Santa Claus. You say Spinal Tap aren't real? Is "Big Bottom" not really a song? Is "Stonehenge" not a hard rock classic? Was keyboardist Viv Savage not the great unsung member of the group? "Have a good time all of the time" is as profound a philosophy as anything by that Nietzsche guy. And if Bobbi Fleckman and the rest of the label had promoted them properly they would never have landed in the "Where Are They Now?" pile.

Masterful! :wallbash:

The best list should be blank. :wallbash:

First of all, Van Halen isn't a hair band. They played straight ahead rock'n'roll, and Eddie's the greatest guitarist ever. Period. End of discussion.

Secondly, you can't have a top hair band list without Night Ranger. I don't know if they were on the bottom list; I didn't read that one. But their rock hits and power ballads were some of the finest I heard.

EDIT: I just read the bottom list...the guy really hates Whitesnake. And Poison. Bastard.

But that does remind me of an exchange on Family Guy that I found really funny:

Lois used Whitesnake in a sentence, while discussing something with Meg.

Meg: What's Whitesnake?

Lois: It's music mommies and daddies listen to. :wallbash: :wallbash:

First of all, Van Halen isn't a hair band. They played straight ahead rock'n'roll, and Eddie's the greatest guitarist ever. Period. End of discussion.

Secondly, you can't have a top hair band list without Night Ranger. I don't know if they were on the bottom list; I didn't read that one. But their rock hits and power ballads were some of the finest I heard.

EDIT: I just read the bottom list...the guy really hates Whitesnake. And Poison. Bastard.

But that does remind me of an exchange on Family Guy that I found really funny:

Lois used Whitesnake in a sentence, while discussing something with Meg.

Meg: What's Whitesnake?

Lois: It's music mommies and daddies listen to. :unsure::lol:

Playing fast and loud does not a great guitarist make. I think George Harrison, Eric Clapton and David Gilmour might have something to say about that. :wallbash:

Gotta love Family Guy!! <_<

I met this guy from Dokken a few years ago. Great guy to just BS with! Gave like a solo performance of just plain shredding the guitar. Awesome ability! And for a guy over 50, he was ripped

I kind of liked Dokken in the 80's. For George Lynch's guitar playing, not for the lyrics, which were absolutely embarrassing ("Burnin' like a flame...," "I'm a hunter…on these lonely streets...") :wallbash:

Playing fast and loud does not a great guitarist make.

Nor does repeating stupid points that have zero validity and pretending you're somehow learned.

I think George Harrison, Eric Clapton and David Gilmour might have something to say about that. :wallbash:

George Harrison? <_<

Nor does repeating stupid points that have zero validity and pretending you're somehow learned.

George Harrison? <_<

Stupid is thinking that you have to be fast to be good. :wallbash:

He knew every chord by the time he was 16. I don't think E.V. knows every chord.

Stupid is thinking that you have to be fast to be good. :wallbash:

Stupid is putting something out there about a virtuoso that isn't the least bit true.

He knew every chord by the time he was 16. I don't think E.V. knows every chord.

You obviously know nothing about EVH. But keep pretending anyone is buying your charade.

Top 25 Best

Top 25 Worst

Is it bad if I have more of the worst bands albums than good? :wallbash:

EDIT: For the younger posters - what is an album?

buffalo's own billy sheehan in "Mr Big" and man did they suck. have to disagree however that Poison and Whitesnake belong on 25 worst list. especially when they put Winger on 25 best. c'mon, get serious