Why do these rich athletes get caught driving

Jeeze...go to a cab company. Give the big boss a thousand bucks. Give each of the dispatchers a C-note, and tell them there is another coming in 6 months. Have them tell the drivers that there is a minimum 30 buck tip if they show up pronto.

Chump change compared to losing checks during a suspension...

Is it that important to show up at a cabaret with your "ride"? :thumbsup:

It's a power thing. Because they are athletes and their agents hype them up so much to their face, they think they can get away with anything, so they show off their stuff. Half of them end up with DUIs, the other half get off.

Sad society we live in...

I still really don't understand it. If I could have a limo take me everywhere at any time, I would never drive ever. If I was going to a sports bar to have a few beers and watch a baseball game, I would take a limo. Going out to dinner with my girl for dinner and maybe a couple of drinks- limo. Going out to the bars/clubs- definitley a limo. Millionaires getting DUIs will always confuse me.

I still really don't understand it. If I could have a limo take me everywhere at any time, I would never drive ever. If I was going to a sports bar to have a few beers and watch a baseball game, I would take a limo. Going out to dinner with my girl for dinner and maybe a couple of drinks- limo. Going out to the bars/clubs- definitley a limo. Millionaires getting DUIs will always confuse me.

Going out after a Super Bowl party to stab two people - limo.

Yes, but limo costs do add up - any decent one is going to cost at least $100/hour. If you're going out all the time, it can easily run up tabs of thousands of dollars per week.

That may not seem much to someone really rich, but that same person might also be paying $4,000 per month for the $200,000 Bentley in the garage. No one is going to pay that much for a car and not drive it. Cars are status symbols and celebrities want to be seen in them.

Yes, but limo costs do add up - any decent one is going to cost at least $100/hour. If you're going out all the time, it can easily run up tabs of thousands of dollars per week.

That may not seem much to someone really rich, but that same person might also be paying $4,000 per month for the $200,000 Bentley in the garage. No one is going to pay that much for a car and not drive it. Cars are status symbols and celebrities want to be seen in them.

Then they deserve their fate... :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...
Jeeze...go to a cab company. Give the big boss a thousand bucks. Give each of the dispatchers a C-note, and tell them there is another coming in 6 months. Have them tell the drivers that there is a minimum 30 buck tip if they show up pronto.

Chump change compared to losing checks during a suspension...

Is it that important to show up at a cabaret with your "ride"? :D

What a prophetic idea!

Amen. If I could have a limo at my disposal- hell I what pack it with honeys and my friends whenever I went to the grocery store or the post office. Instead some prefer to drive their car over girls in the middle of the night, speed away, and not answer any questions. WTF?

It's a power thing. Because they are athletes and their agents hype them up so much to their face, they think they can get away with anything, so they show off their stuff. Half of them end up with DUIs, the other half get off.

Sad society we live in...

Because all of their lives they have. If you can play football really well a lot of things are just ignored. :thumbsup:

Going out after a Super Bowl party to stab two people - limo.

:lol:

Then don't drive drunk!!!! Go out with teammates and have a designated driver. If you're gonna drink then don't drive.

Its no different then the ordinary person. It just happens they are famous and the public is made more aware of it, via media, internet, ect.......Just cause they are athletes and have everything at their fingertips and all the money in the world dont mean they are smarter then us.

Unfortunately we all are human, and we all make mistakes, only exception is their mistakes are brought to light a hell of alot more then the ordinary publics life......

agreed cincy, i dont get it at all either.

if i was a pro athlete, especially in buffalo, id get my agent to contact a limo company and work out an endorsement deal. maybe i star in a few commercials and billboards for them, and they supply a limo every time i go out. doesnt have to be anything big or fancy either, maybe a caddy or benz sedan.

the commercial practically writes itself, what with all the pro athletes getting in trouble for driving drunk.

thats the one thing ill give older guys like Ruben Brown. he loved to go out and party, but he almost always took a limo out.

agreed cincy, i dont get it at all either.

if i was a pro athlete, especially in buffalo, id get my agent to contact a limo company and work out an endorsement deal. maybe i star in a few commercials and billboards for them, and they supply a limo every time i go out. doesnt have to be anything big or fancy either, maybe a caddy or benz sedan.

the commercial practically writes itself, what with all the pro athletes getting in trouble for driving drunk.

thats the one thing ill give older guys like Ruben Brown. he loved to go out and party, but he almost always took a limo out.

Thats a tough point to argue man.......Nice post.

Its one of those things we wont know about, unless we were in their shoes.