I know absolutely nothing about him but that FB

Isnt there a ilttle matter of his obligation to the Army after his graduation from West Point?

No. Apparently they passed some new rule where persons in service academies who are drafted to the pros can serve their time working in recruitment centers and doing the bi-weekly Army Reserve reporting. They were making a big deal about it on ESPN after another player from Army was taken in the draft.

He does look like a beast...but isn't he only like 5'9"?? Not sure why that sounds bad for a fullback, as I suppose they don't need to be all that tall...

Lets hope this kid can turn into another Jason Peters-like project.

Actually, the lower center of gravity for this position is a bit of a benefit.

He does look like a beast...but isn't he only like 5'9"?? Not sure why that sounds bad for a fullback, as I suppose they don't need to be all that tall...

Lets hope this kid can turn into another Jason Peters-like project.

You dont need to be tall to block people below the waist, guy lowest to the ground wins the battle, should be a good blocker.

Probably, but no ones even seen him play. It's just a little silly. He might struggle vs Darian Barnes for all we know.

Agreed but given that we are only bringing in one rookie Fb and that the FB we have on the roster isn't established here in any kind of way at worst he's got a 50/50 shot at making the club.

This guy sounds like a freak of nature. 5'9", 242lbs, benches 470 and benched 225lbs 34 times, that's very impressive.

From BB.com:

Recognized as the “heart and soul” of Army’s offensive unit ... one of the strongest players on Army’s roster ... capable of bench-pressing an Army-record 470 pounds … Served as one of team’s captains for 2007 season...majoring in American Law and Legal Studies...

Now, if there's one thing I know having played sports against the academies myself, what their teams lack in the ways of skill, brains, etc, they ALWAYS feature at least one athletic FREAK. If this guy had the highest bench on the ARMY football team, and if his academic pursuits are indicative of his desire and ability to learn, then it sounds like he's going to fit right in.

link

From BB.com:

Recognized as the “heart and soul” of Army’s offensive unit ... one of the strongest players on Army’s roster ... capable of bench-pressing an Army-record 470 pounds … Served as one of team’s captains for 2007 season...majoring in American Law and Legal Studies...

Now, if there's one thing I know having played sports against the academies myself, what their teams lack in the ways of skill, brains, etc, they ALWAYS feature at least one athletic FREAK. If this guy had the highest bench on the ARMY football team, and if his academic pursuits are indicative of his desire and ability to learn, then it sounds like he's going to fit right in.

link

oh yeah