Who in the hell do the Bills think they are??!

Day one in the draft was totally awesome for the Bills and then it appeared to be headscratchers in day two. Most of these players that were taken on the second day are nothing more than STers and that's my point. What business does Buffalo have in being so arrogant in thinking that we don't need starting stars on offense and defense? They're right, we don't. They addressed what is important and in an area that is lacking and that is the STs. The Bills have one of the best STs in the league and they took hits there this last off season.

Our offense, other than OL depth, is pretty solid now that the #2 WR is filled. Our biggest concern now is the QB position and I believe that the Bills' braintrust are really ok with our current situation there. It's apparent that we're not trading Losman afterall. If they were bent on doing this then I believe that this position would have been completed in this draft, they had plenty of chances to do it but passed on it.

The defense has gotten plenty of attention since last year and unless Stroud was a mistake this defense should be improved by leaps and bounds. Having so many players coming back from injury and adding key components to our defense has gotten me not only hopeful but extremely optimistic for the upcoming year. The best part of this is that I don't think that I'm the only one feeling like this. I think that the administration feels along the same lines also based on how they drafted this year. They went after STers and depth players. They even went after a project player at the OT position in Bell. Who the hell do they think they are??!!!

Buffalo is going to be good this year, real good and I'm not the only one who thinks so.

nice post.....I really think they did a nice job of getting quality ST players.....I for one liked the draft, other than the fact I wish they would have taken another G and C for depth down the road!

Bottomline is nobody -- no one from Mel Kipper to the people that read these boards to the Bills brass -- really know what kind of players draft picks will turn into.

That being said, I think they had a real good draft. Picks 1 and 2 were dead on and three could be a steal if the player is motivated. As for the rounds 4 thru 7, it's a crapshoot for every team. Complaining about a sixth round pick is crazy.

Outside of the Bills top two picks, watch out for Stevie Johnson. The kid has the hands and feet to be a regular contributor sooner rather than later. He might be the Bills biggest steal of the draft. We'll have to wait two years to find out though!

Bottomline is nobody -- no one from Mel Kipper to the people that read these boards to the Bills brass -- really know what kind of players draft picks will turn into.

That being said, I think they had a real good draft. Picks 1 and 2 were dead on and three could be a steal if the player is motivated. As for the rounds 4 thru 7, it's a crapshoot for every team. Complaining about a sixth round pick is crazy.

Outside of the Bills top two picks, watch out for Stevie Johnson. The kid has the hands and feet to be a regular contributor sooner rather than later. He might be the Bills biggest steal of the draft. We'll have to wait two years to find out though!

100% Agree, which is why I will never understand why people are freaking out about our day 2 picks. They are for depth and camp fodder. If one of them turns in to something, great. If not, no big deal. That's the way it plays out.

100% Agree, which is why I will never understand why people are freaking out about our day 2 picks. They are for depth and camp fodder. If one of them turns in to something, great. If not, no big deal. That's the way it plays out.

Absolutely! Who the hell bitches about a 4-7 round pick? They'll be lucky to still be on the team in two years. Hopefully at least one of them will be a gem, but you shouldn't expect anything special out of those rounds.

hard to be good without a proven QB.. Edwards need to do some good sh-- this year.. if he does,... game over

For the most part, this is true. Though recent history provides exceptions to this rule (Bears, Ravens to name a couple).

IMO, the team filled a couple of its ever shrinking glaring needs; there's stability in the front office and -given that we beat most of the teams we thought we would last year- the upcoming schedule appears easier to navigate.

Can't help it, I'm getting stoked! :o

This team wins/loses this year based on the QB play..... TE or JP or whomever is playing needs to have a solid if not spectacular season for the Bills tor each the playoffs.

Thats exactly how i feel. Whoever it is needs to be consistent and just play football. If Trent has a sophmore slump its gonna be a long season IMO

Nice post. I couldn't agree with you more. We picked up the guys we need and the rest of the guys are a luxury if they turn out to be decent starters or reserves down the road. For now they are depth and special teamers. I have not problem with that. That's what the later rounds are for: depth, special teams and flyers.

nice post.....I really think they did a nice job of getting quality ST players.....I for one liked the draft, other than the fact I wish they would have taken another G and C for depth down the road!

I read that the Bills signed G Robert Felton out of Arkansas as a UDFA. He was pretty well regarded by many,and projected to be a mid-round pick.

I read that the Bills signed G Robert Felton out of Arkansas as a UDFA. He was pretty well regarded by many,and projected to be a mid-round pick.

Not only that, but the Bills drafted a tackle round seven and actually do have some decent depth on the O-Line. Whittle and Preston can back up at either guard spot pretty effectively, and Kirk Chambers, while not great is an adequate back up at either tackle position. He played well in Peters' stead when he was injured for a couple of games last year. I suspect the Bills will add another O-Lineman after the camp cuts for depth, but they are in pretty good shape for right now.

Absolutely! Who the hell bitches about a 4-7 round pick? They'll be lucky to still be on the team in two years. Hopefully at least one of them will be a gem, but you shouldn't expect anything special out of those rounds.

Bipkis. There's a direct correlation between eight consecutive years of missing the playoffs and missing on those day 2 picks...

Not only that, but the Bills drafted a tackle in round seven

Bell won't see the field for at least two years, assuming he can hang around that long. He's a major project who's only played organized football for two years and apparently has never seen the inside of a weight room.

Whittle and Preston can back up at either guard spot pretty effectively, and Kirk Chambers, while not great is an adequate back up at either tackle position. He played well in Peters' stead when he was injured for a couple of games last year.

Duke Wayne would be a more effective option than Preston, while Chambers and Whittle are dime-a-dozen bodies. Chambers had one start last year and was far from special.

I suspect the Bills will add another O-Lineman after the camp cuts for depth, but they are in pretty good shape for right now.

I agree with the first thought, absolutely disagree with the second.... :lol: