The joys of raising boys

Simon

So I was sitting here after a long weekend at camp and now trying to see what happened at the draft, who the Bills picked when, what happened in the NHL, etc.

My youngest and a couple of his buddies are outside in the driveway experimenting with vinegar, baking soda, plastic bottles and Airsoft ammo.

Yeah, you guessed it. A few minutes ago a water bottle trailing a stream of vinegar and baking soda just crashed through this upstairs double-pane Andersen window about 8 feet from my head. :w00t:

Mum's going to beat our asses.....

Oh boy.

Is an Andersen window expensive?

I'm guessing yeah.

Although since I already have ladders and glazing and a materials store up the road, I have absolutely no intention of finding out.

Maybe tomorrow would be a good day for a lesson on how much more fun it can be to stay home and replace windows rather than go play ball with your buddies. :w00t:

Why is Mum going to beat OUR asses? Did Simon have a hand in this?

No sir.

I have absolutely no idea where the idea came from.

Not a one.

Why, I've never even heard of such a thing. :w00t:

My kid insist on high fives after every bite of his meal...little David Puddy

Have you been watching the show "Rule of Engagement?" It's got David Spade and Puddy in it and is freakin hilarious! It's on at 9:30 on Monday night on CBS...really funny show.

Have you been watching the show "Rule of Engagement?" It's got David Spade and Puddy in it and is freakin hilarious! It's on at 9:30 on Monday night on CBS...really funny show.

yes...I like the wife too as she was in one of my fave shows that no one watched...Grounded For Life

So I was sitting here after a long weekend at camp and now trying to see what happened at the draft, who the Bills picked when, what happened in the NHL, etc.

My youngest and a couple of his buddies are outside in the driveway experimenting with vinegar, baking soda, plastic bottles and Airsoft ammo.

Yeah, you guessed it. A few minutes ago a water bottle trailing a stream of vinegar and baking soda just crashed through this upstairs double-pane Andersen window about 8 feet from my head. :o

Believe me Simon, I've raised both...boys are a piece of cake compared to girls!

Yeah, you guessed it. A few minutes ago a water bottle trailing a stream of vinegar and baking soda just crashed through this upstairs double-pane Andersen window about 8 feet from my head. :beer:

Yeah, but I bet your son can hit a baseball! And your mother-in-law isn't nagging YOU about single-handidly turning him into the next Teddy Ballgame either. :o

Seriously though, my brother-in-law works for a glass shop and a lot of those sliders are easy repairs, just don't take the first price you get. If you have the time, shop around for a decent price.

Yeah, you guessed it. A few minutes ago a water bottle trailing a stream of vinegar and baking soda just crashed through this upstairs double-pane Andersen window about 8 feet from my head. :o

This is just too funny. Not quite the same, but the boy(7 yr old) just started lacrosse this spring, and man is it refreshing to see some old fashioned coaches out there. My wife(as with most of the mothers) seems to think they are letting em play too hard, I think its great. Great to see a caoch say "walk it off" when these kids get knocked around. Great that they keep score even in scrimmages, which is all he is doing this spring. Good old fashioned sports eh? And, I think that is cause its all boys. My daughter playing too, and complete opposite approach.

Course, my boy gettin his ass whupped out there as he is such a skinny thing, but he is starting to push back a bit and getting more aggresive. Good for him.

Taking after the old man, I see... :beer:

This is just too funny. Not quite the same, but the boy(7 yr old) just started lacrosse this spring, and man is it refreshing to see some old fashioned coaches out there. My wife(as with most of the mothers) seems to think they are letting em play too hard, I think its great. Great to see a caoch say "walk it off" when these kids get knocked around. Great that they keep score even in scrimmages, which is all he is doing this spring. Good old fashioned sports eh? And, I think that is cause its all boys. My daughter playing too, and complete opposite approach.

Course, my boy gettin his ass whupped out there as he is such a skinny thing, but he is starting to push back a bit and getting more aggresive. Good for him.

My son has just completed his third year of HS Lacrosse and it has been great for him. During one game earlier this season his buddy was down fighting for an unsettled ball and getting roughed up pretty good by an opposing player. My son took off from about 15 away and flat laid the opponent out. He must have knocked that kid a good five yards. I almost cried.