Xavier Oman chosen over Mike Hart ??

gsurdam

I may be wrong... but I am very disappointed that the Bills took Oman when Mike Hart was still available. I love Mike Hart's running style and dependability as far as never fumbling. I hope Oman proves me wrong. But , I have a feeling the Colts got even better with picking up Hart.

I may be wrong... but I am very disappointed that the Bills took Oman when Mike Hart was still available. I love Mike Hart's running style and dependability as far as never fumbling. I hope Oman proves me wrong. But , I have a feeling the Colts got even better with picking up Hart.

If he is able to stay on the field you could be correct. Polian linkens him to Mungro, and he was productive for them when called upon.

Mike Hart is not very durable. Anyone who watched Michigan play could see him hobble off of the field every few carries. I will say that I was suprised with the Oman pick. He seems like a Dwayne Wright clone.

Mike Hart is not very durable. Anyone who watched Michigan play could see him hobble off of the field every few carries. I will say that I was suprised with the Oman pick. He seems like a Dwayne Wright clone.

Mike Hart and Anthony Thomas are the same guy and we just rid ourselves of one. Why add another?

Where is he going to play?23 and 22 and 31 are in front of him.

Assume for a second that I haven't seen enough of both guys to want to vomit. Explain to me the differences in their games.

Have you watched Hart at Michigan? Thomas is spent...but don't forget he was offensive Rookie of the Year, he just blew out quickly.

Mike Hart now is Anthony Thomas coming out of college. 4 year player, lots of wear and tear, took a lot of contact. never real fast to start with. pretty productive in college but never really wowed anyone. Thomas had one year in the NFL and was done. I see Hart as the same type of guy. What you see today is as good as it's ever going to get and I'm not overly impressed with today. I'd rather have a guy with a little more upside than a younger, smaller, Anthony Thomas.

And I'm aware that Thomas was ROY. Both are plodders and Hart is smaller than Thomas, who at least initially had some power. My point was we just got rid of that player. Why bring in another plodder at tailback? get me a guy with some wiggle and who also ran significantly faster than Hart.

Totally agree. There is a world of difference between those two 6th round picks. Jesus, what were they thinking?

Clearly we should have taken Heart (uh, Hart, whatever) with the 179th pick of the draft or waited until the 217th pick to see if Oman was there. Anyone watching these dudes on Youtube can see that Hart would have been on the field for 10 snaps to Oman's 7 this year.

How can they be so stupid?!?

And I'm aware that Thomas was ROY. Both are plodders and Hart is smaller than Thomas, who at least initially had some power. My point was we just got rid of that player. Why bring in another plodder at tailback? get me a guy with some wiggle and who also ran significantly faster than Hart.

From the BuffNews Billboard blog:

"The most curious pick of the Bills draft -- although he's a great story -- was D-II running back Xavier Omon in the sixth round. The Bills have no depth issues at running back, and Omon isn't exactly the change-of-pace-type back that, say, Michigan's Mike Hart would have been. Tom Modrak offered no insight into why the Bills went that way, other than to point out Omon's an intriguing specimen with a history of production. What he's not -- or hasn't been -- is a special-teams player. We shall see.

--- Bob DiCesare"

Have to think that's the first time Hart has ever been described with those words...

Totally agree. There is a world of difference between those two 6th round picks. Jesus, what were they thinking?

Clearly we should have taken Heart (uh, Hart, whatever) with the 179th pick of the draft or waited until the 217th pick to see if Oman was there. Anyone watching these dudes on Youtube can see that Hart would have been on the field for 10 snaps to Oman's 7 this year.

How can they be so stupid?!?

Wow, you really told him.

That'll teach him to offer a reasonable opinion.

Thanks for your valuable input. :w00t:

I have to say this is the one pick that confused me. If you watch the "reaction to oman" spot in the Bills multimedia they basically just admit it was just taking a flyer on him, which I don't like. I would have rather taken a flyer on a WR or and OL, but then again, my opinion is worth squat in real life or even this board, so take it for what it's worth

Being "Michfan", I figured I better chime in on this one. I like Hart a lot and wish him nothing but the best. I just don't think he projects well at all to the NFL. He's undersized and underspeed for the pro game. He was slippery at the college level, he won't be in the pros. There was no such thing as an "open field" when Hart ran with the ball. I think he's more likely to end up like a Kijana Carter than a Dave Megget. I would have considered it a feel good pick for a Syracuse native had the Bills drafted him, so I have no complaints with the Oman pick if it was done in the same vain. Oman has better upside. It was a 6th rounder.

It was a difficult draft for a Michigan/Bills fan to watch. Long and Henne went to the hated Dolphins. No Michigan guys were drafted by Buffalo. But... facts are facts. Henne, Long, and Hart were the star power for a team that lost nearly every big time game it played. Can't blame 'em all on the "O", but their record against Ohio St. and in bowl games is the worst run I can remember for UMich.

Why would you ever want Hart??? He's from Michigan. Why would you want a cancer like that on your team???

No reason to be a Michigan hater... Mike has more heart that any other running back I have seen recently. He never fumbles and gets the tough yards at the goal line. Mark my words... Hart will be a much better pro than Oman will. We'll see in the next 5 years.

The RF360 article attached to TBD today explained why Buffalo probably drafted Oman at that spot. Bryne (take it for what it's worth) speculates the due to Oman's build and strength he would be an easy switch to FB, once he puts on about fifteen or twenty pounds. Could be one explanation. And I would have been REALLY disappointed if Buffalo wasted a pick on Mike Hart. He's going to be nothing more than a perennial bench warmer in the NFL. He was Michigan's second coming of Tim Biakabituka. Good in college, below average pro.