Grade our draft  

198 members have voted

1. 1. What grade do you give it?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D (Don't think so)
    • F (You can't be serious!)

A. This was a great draft. I know some of you were critical of our second day but we got some serious depth now AND we basically rebuilt our special teams. Not only that we addressed our key issues and we have some seriously talented players now. I can care less if ESPN (not including Chris Berman) give us a low grade, this was a great draft and I can't wait for the season! :thumbsup:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

mine averaged out as a C....Bills said they wanted to go with a true FB and none taken at all, even with Hillis lasting till last round...to many CB's taken in a year when we only needed 1 CB to address Moss...RB was not a priority and TE was but not addressed very well...I really hope these guys work out but it looks like Bills went with the cheapest tires to drive this team on

you guys must really love special teams and you must think all our points are gonna come from it cuz most of special teams could be replenished in round 6-7 and UDFA...if rounds 4-5 had been better my grades on 6 and 7 would be higher

Those of you who say we didnt need DB's after picking McKelvin......obviously Jauron wants bodies so he can go into camp/preaseason, then come out with the best defensive backfield he can possibly field....

Bottom Line we got beat on to many 3rd and longs....and we needed to sure up our secondary...

with McKelvin and Corner we now have enough there to come outta camp with a very solid secondary....

A. The holes on this team have gotten much smaller. Great to see us replenish special teams.

except the still huge ones at C and backup LT.

Most of teh starters from last year would have replenished the ST - maybe they should focus on players that may actually be able to start on offense or defense - if the need required (like last year)

except the still huge ones at C and backup LT.

Most of teh starters from last year would have replenished the ST - maybe they should focus on players that may actually be able to start on offense or defense - if the need required (like last year)

agree...2 starters and 1 rotational guy is all we came away with..not sure about Corner but thats all I see :thumbsup:

mine averaged out as a C....Bills said they wanted to go with a true FB and none taken at all, even with Hillis lasting till last round...to many CB's taken in a year when we only needed 1 CB to address Moss...RB was not a priority and TE was but not addressed very well...I really hope these guys work out but it looks like Bills went with the cheapest tires to drive this team on

Now I've heard everything--Ralph is "cheap" in the draft? How do you go cheap in the draft? Each player is basically slotted in terms of salary--don't matter who you pick, that guy's going to get a little less than the guy infront of him and a little more than the guy behind him. This is not an area that one can cheap out on--you pick the best player available at a position of need with your picks and they get paid according to the scale. Some folks like to use the "Ralph is cheap" thing even in cases where it's not appropriate. If that's not what you meant, I apologize in advance, but that's what your post looks like to me.....

and in what has been called a "weak draft class", 2 starters (at our major needs) and a rotational guy in the trenches, is bad?

it is when KC can walk away with 6 or more starters and ppl like Hillis are still on board till round 7

[/b]

Now I've heard everything--Ralph is "cheap" in the draft? How do you go cheap in the draft? Each player is basically slotted in terms of salary--don't matter who you pick, that guy's going to get a little less than the guy infront of him and a little more than the guy behind him. This is not an area that one can cheap out on--you pick the best player available at a position of need with your picks and they get paid according to the scale. Some folks like to use the "Ralph is cheap" thing even in cases where it's not appropriate. If that's not what you meant, I apologize in advance, but that's what your post looks like to me.....

no my remark wasnt about money..I meant it looks like i went to a tire store and went with the cheapest set I could find thinking a tire was a tire

I wouldn't say it's HUGE when you have Bell who can play LT

We needed o line backups..Nice pick..Our Def was terrible last yr we addressed that..We needed a wr we grabbed a decent prospect..I am not negative about this draft at all..I wouldve liked to see a Tight End that can run the seams and catch better than Royal but they must feel Anderson is the answer..Time will tell..

how can you grade a draft when none of the players have even been to mini camp yet?i liked most of the picks.i wasnt't crazy about the mckelvin pick,but he is a bill now and i hope he has a great career for the bills.i would have never thought the bills would draft hardy.i like that pick.(i really wanted malcom kelly). i like the chris ellis pick at the 3rd spot.as for the rest of the draft i hadn't heard of any of the players except for wide receiver steve johnson.well i am glad i don't do the picking because i am not a scout.all the players i know is from reading on line.the only college players i really know are the ones that play for penn state.i usually only watch penn state games so i only know the players that play against them ...ie ohio stae and michagan.i always thought the rule to drafting was........if you need a corner draft ohio state and if you need a linebacker draft penn state and if you want a wide receiver go syracuse or michagan lol lol..........well we will see in a year or two from now how this draft really was.as far as a grade how about a B go bills!

Rd. 1 11 CB Leodis McKelvin

Rd. 2 41 WR James Hardy

Rd. 3 72 DE Chris Ellis

Rd. 4 114 CB Reggie Corner

Rd. 4 132 TE Derek Fine

Rd. 5 147 OLB Alvin Bowen

Rd. 6 179 RB Xavier Omon

Rd. 7 219 OT Demetrius Bell

Rd. 7 224 WR Steve Johnson

Rd. 7 251 CB Kennard Cox

it is when KC can walk away with 6 or more starters and ppl like Hillis are still on board till round 7

the fact that KC NEEDS 6 starters out of a weak draft shows exactly why they were picking at 5.

and who are the 6 definite starters they picked that youd rather have starting for the Bills?

Dorsey and Albert are givens, so theyve matched our 2 so far...

Horus....

I am just curious on why you think the DB's were not needed......I dont know if I agree with all of the RIGHT CORNERS to pick except for the 1st one......but a lot of those guys project to be special teams guys that we need

I think that the RB we took was taken with the intention of making him a fullback.....in my Pro Football Weekly draft mag he is actually listed AS a fullback