For those who don't like this draft

todd

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I flunk your "test" but I hate this draft. It baffles me that this team thinks it has the luxury of drafting a slew of special teams/bubble "skill" position players. This squad is a lineman (offensive or defensive) injury away from a 2-14 season. We need to be drafting Peters' and Stroud's replacements, not Hagan's and A-Train's replacements. Look at Parcells' draft if you want to see the correct method for stabilizing your franchise.

You want to draft Peters replacement?Wow is something bad going to happen to him this year.He has alot of years left in the league.ANd as for Stroud When Pat was run out of town by TD the talk was he was old fat and washed up and how many years has the Vikes gotten out of that retread.Look I understand what you are trying to say but to fear injury before it happens doesn't make sense.We have good depth and name me teams that could lose 2 pro bowl type players and it wouldn't hurt them because the have their replacement waiting on the bench.

There's only one resume I care about and, as I glance at it, there's an item on it that jumps off the page...

- Has not made the playoffs in the National Football League in almost 10 years.

Great post.

I'm pretty sure that anyone who gets so worked up over a draft (that no "real" experts had a problem with) has issues. Whether its anger management, general pessimism, a need for attention, someone who thinks negativity equals intelligence or whatever. It just makes no sense to be so bitter about selecting players you probably didn't even no existed a few months ago.

If you're going to object to a selection put up or shut up. Tell us who YOU would have picked and why. It's much more difficult defending your own selections than tearing down others.

I think the ability to renew ones hope/enthusiasm is really the underlying issue here, you're right on there. Some people(self incl) after some period of time can let it go and hope to the future. I'm not saying you cant have the negative feelings about how you're beloved team is being managed(woulda liked TE in 3rd) or how they've been managed in recent years(playoffs?).

Without a QB for the last 12 years(trent=fingers crossed) the playoffs have not really been a reasonable expectation(1999 #1 def)

So i just wanted to say if your like me and come back every year thinking this is the year then you should really be thankful that you have the ability to do so(even if misguided) And to those who have a tougher time seeing through the rose coloured glass, this could be the year!!

get over the fact that no matter how much you complain, no matter how much you think youre right, it doesnt change anything. and no one knows as this point if this is a "good" or "bad" draft.

so calm down and enjoy some football.

or not. whatever.

I'm humble to know that I'm not always right...that's the difference with the people who insult others for a difference in opinion. They insult because they believe they are always right.

I made one opinion that I didn't like the first pick (sure with a lot of sarcasm no doubt) and I've been appointed pariah of the month.

These people are like liberals--they only accept you if you agree with them.

This board has really, really turned to crap. There are people who think they can tell you how to think.

Well, they can't. As of today, in my fallible opinion, this draft was far from great.

But maybe I'll read something somewhere and I can be convinced otherwise. Because that is what this board is about--communicating information, sharing knowledge, throwing out opinions, even venting. It's not for telling people how to think, and continuous insult after insult.

I'm humble to know that I'm not always right...that's the difference with the people who insult others for a difference in opinion. They insult because they believe they are always right.

I made one opinion that I didn't like the first pick (sure with a lot of sarcasm no doubt) and I've been appointed pariah of the month.

These people are like radical liberals/radical conservatives/radical christians/radical muslims --they only accept you if you agree with them.

This board has really, really turned to crap. There are people who think they can tell you how to think.

Well, they can't. As of today, in my fallible opinion, this draft was far from great.

But maybe I'll read something somewhere and I can be convinced otherwise. Because that is what this board is about--communicating information, sharing knowledge, throwing out opinions, even venting. It's not for telling people how to think, and continuous insult after insult.

you guys mustve took a beating last night or something. i wasnt on the board so i dont know.

but being so aggressively defensive isnt helping anyone listen to you. and so far today, i havent read one post containing your football opinion. but ill chalk that up to being bitten last night (i assume)

as far as "pariah of the month", i didnt even notice your posts until you went on the warpath about it (so maybe there is something to "get over")

i fixed the bold part of your post, since youre supposed to be against name-calling and generalizing.

i hope the board gets better for you.

These people are like liberals--they only accept you if you agree with them.

How about this -- convince us why we should be so (specifically) pessimistic about those who were selected today. Round for Round tell us who you would have picked and why they would be infinitely better than the "disasters" we got this weekend.

Note: unacceptable answers include - "this front office sucks," "why should we be optimistic", "we haven't been to the playoffs in 12 years," "I don't trust ________", "Wilson is cheap and wants to move to Toronto," etc.

How about this -- convince us why we should be so (specifically) pessimistic about those who were selected today. Round for Round tell us who you would have picked and why they would be infinitely better than the "disasters" we got this weekend.

Note: unacceptable answers include - "this front office sucks," "why should we be optimistic", "we haven't been to the playoffs in 12 years," "I don't trust ________", "Wilson is cheap and wants to move to Toronto," etc.

Did u read my thread? I'm not talking about the quality of the draft in as much as the way people are treated on this board. I'm not trying to convince of anything.

That was the point of my whole post.

I don't owe you anything.

Did u read my thread? I'm not talking about the quality of the draft in as much as the way people are treated on this board. I'm not trying to convince of anything.

That was the point of my whole post.

I don't owe you anything.

So you're just upset that people call you out for not backing up your opinion? Sorry about that. We'll just ignore you.

you guys mustve took a beating last night or something. i wasnt on the board so i dont know.

but being so aggressively defensive isnt helping anyone listen to you. and so far today, i havent read one post containing your football opinion. but ill chalk that up to being bitten last night (i assume)

as far as "pariah of the month", i didnt even notice your posts until you went on the warpath about it (so maybe there is something to "get over")

i fixed the bold part of your post, since youre supposed to be against name-calling and generalizing.

i hope the board gets better for you.

What about your football opinion? Haven't seen anything on this draft class.

What about your football opinion? Haven't seen anything on this draft class.

i like it, but i also realize it cant really be judged until we at least get through camp (at the earliest)

i think we filled a couple of crucial holes with the best talent available.

i wasnt looking to get 5+ starters like the past few years. especially out of this draft class.

i think 2, maybe 3, is going to be good enough. and if it isnt, im not going to take it personally since, win or lose, i still need to go to work on Monday.

you can go back to calling me names now, even though you think it really brings the board down...

Then why call out only one side of the issue?

Because the people who hate the draft have the most vitriol about it, and are mostly the ones acting like children about it. They are also the ones who are completely unable to substantiate their opinions.

And you should read down a little further in the post.

For those who don't like the draft, please post your resume. Please include the following:

1. number of hours (+/- 20) spent studying film this past offseason. Anything less than 120, don't bother posting.

2. number of years employed by an NFL team evaluating talent

3. Number of combines attended

4. Specialty in evaluation by position, and years evaluating each position

5. If you don't have 5 years evaluating college talent at the NFL level, please post the NFL position you played and # of years at that position.

6. If you have more than 10 years evaluating talent, please give the number of years at the director level.

7. If none of the above, please post the number of years experience as an NFL coach, assistant, or owner.

I just want to get an idea of the credibility of the skeptics around here. Basically, I want to know whose opinions I should ignore.

I like this draft....however, what gives you the right to tell people they are not qualified to B word. You know what gives me the right to B word (even though I like this draft) the fact that I am a season ticket holder, that alone gives me the right to agree or disagree and express my thoughts about what this team does. I would like to see your resume and how it relates to censoring public opinion. While I agree that there is plenty of negativity on this board, I do understand that a decade without the playoffs can do that to people.

GO BILLS!

i like it, but i also realize it cant really be judged until we at least get through camp (at the earliest)

i think we filled a couple of crucial holes with the best talent available.

i wasnt looking to get 5+ starters like the past few years. especially out of this draft class.

i think 2, maybe 3, is going to be good enough. and if it isnt, im not going to take it personally since, win or lose, i still need to go to work on Monday.

you can go back to calling me names now, even though you think it really brings the board down...

You agree with 3 CBs despite William James signed as FA and our 1st was spent on one? And another RB despite Lynch, Jackson, Wright already here?

What about no other WR until the 7th?

Yeah, those that love the draft should post their resume, too.

For someone who does an awful lot of complaining about others and their idiocy, I question why over the course of 8-10 years you haven't been able to grasp the concept of how public message boards work... Seriously, 10 years later you pull out "signal to noise ratio of this place"?

Here's a little task for you while you badger people for their resumes. Click on your name and go to your profile. Click on the link that shows all of your posts. Read through them then calculate YOUR personal "signal to noise ratio" and get back to us...

Then we can discuss your signal and compare that to other poster's noise...