• Replies 592
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

3rd fastest DE in the draft.

Strengths:

Has a large frame with room to get bigger...Excellent speed with terrific quickness and a burst to close...A good athlete...Very strong...Stout at the point and does a nice job versus the run...Real active and has an outstanding motor...Is technically sound and plays with good leverage...Productive...Had a superb senior campaign.

Weaknesses:

Needs to put on some weight...Repertoire of pass rush moves is limited...Instincts are just average..Will have some trouble shedding blocks...Not real powerful..May not be an every down player...Character is a concern...Durability may be an issue.

Notes:

Has torn the labrum in his right shoulder twice...Suspended in 2006 after he was arrested and charged with resisting arrest and obstructing justice...He isn't flashy but you can't argue with the results..Will be a fine pro as long as he stays healthy and keeps his head on straight..Might be a better prospect than Darryl Tapp was.

Chris Ellis, anyone have any info on him?

I'm stuck watching alot of VT games here, so I've seen him play a few games. He's small for a DE but quick, maybe a tweener type. Had a couple injuries too, and some run ins with the law. High motor type player

why the hell would they trade down - they have a ton of picks already? they need to looking at moving back into the late 3rd

We don't have a ton of picks.

Basically we have an extra 4rth.

The 2 7th round picks are tacked on to the end of the 7th round.

Basically they are "street free agent" type of players.

I've seen him play, he's a tweener in most defenses, but he'll fit right into the Bills defense as a DE. He definitely has speed and can hit, so I guess it's a good pick. I'd like to see the Bills move back into the 3rd round and scoop up some of these players still on the board.

character just went out the window

Don't know anything about the guy, but when i googled "Chris Ellis VT" here are the first two youtube clips that show up:

• VT's Chris Ellis - Late Hit Personal Foul
  • VT's Chris Ellis makes a LEGAL tackle on UVA's ...

Hmmm... certainly makes you wonder.

NFLN said that he's shown some flashes, but isn't consistent (yet). Good pick with potential and fills a need...

A scout said "he just needs to figure it out" i.e. get in some games and play and he'll be good.

I've seen him play, he's a tweener in most defenses, but he'll fit right into the Bills defense as a DE. He definitely has speed and can hit, so I guess it's a good pick. I'd like to see the Bills move back into the 3rd round and scoop up some of these players still on the board.

I think we may very well see them move up to take a TE sometime in the next 10-15 picks.

We don't have a ton of picks.

Basically we have an extra 4rth.

The 2 7th round picks are tacked on to the end of the 7th round.

Basically they are "street free agent" type of players.

the bills have 8 picks remaining after ellis - they don't have 8 roster spots.......would be silly not to trade up at this point........they're going to just end up cutting guys if they use all the picks

Pat Kirwan's analysis..

Ellis is a high motor player who gets the job done with effort. In the NFL, guys such as this can be neutralized if they don't develop technique. Ellis could struggle to disengage from NFL blocking to make plays. He will be at his best in a stunting front which puts him in motion from the snap of the ball. He has some off the field incidents in his past that may cause teams to pass on him until late in the draft. His 4.7 speed could put him on every special team until he develops. 58 plays behind the line of scrimmage in 35 starts is less than two per start. Draft projection: Round 5.

I think we may very well see them move up to take a TE sometime in the next 10-15 picks.

there's just not a TE worth taking here, let alone moving up to get - only one is Cottam and he is a huge risk pick. Don't be surprised if we dont' take a TE at all. We've added Teyo and Anderson (both tall, fast, receiving TEs) and we may be content to see what they can contribute along with Royal and Schouman

Don't know anything about the guy, but when i googled "Chris Ellis VT" here are the first two youtube clips that show up:

• VT's Chris Ellis - Late Hit Personal Foul
  • VT's Chris Ellis makes a LEGAL tackle on UVA's ...

Hmmm... certainly makes you wonder.

Yeah watch both of them. They're really nothing. The first one was a dumb foul, but it's not like he kills the guy and it happens. The second one is just that a legal tackle that a lot of UVA fans thought was dirty, but in no way was.