Thinking about getting an in-ground pool

yall

You must have missed the part where I talked about how I'm building an outdoor drive-in screen for nighttime multiplayer Risk matches in the pool (although I guess I'll need some plastic baggies for the controllers).

Yeah, it's gonna be awesome. :devil:

Gotta get a floating basketball hoop and have drinking games too.

Gotta get a floating basketball hoop and have drinking games too.

Consider it done my friend!

Seriously though, since I live down the road from Hammer, I may have to have a post home opener pool party for TBD'ers. :devil:

I livein CA and have a Vynal liner pool.....

Putting in the pool was a pain but things are ok now that it has been installed.......maintenance takes time and patience. It comes in really handy out here in Hemet where it gets hot.

In the biulding of the pool?

- Do as much research as you can on the biulder.......mine was a fricken nightmare. And dont just rely on the better business report. My biulder had something like ONE negative on them and right in the middle of my biuld their on line BBB report started filling with negatives. And they were true. They took on more work then could handle and it showed.

- Whatever estimated date they give you for completion.....its going to be longer then that.....so plan accordingly.

- Ask them if they can see a pool they have completed, contact the owners, and ask for their opinions on the company

- How well do they maintenance what they sell.....mine didn't do @hit.

Where do you live? (OP).

I'd never consider getting one here in GA. A good 85% of the houses around here are in swim & tennis subdivisions. It's a total waste of money in that there's a pool for each neighborhood already.

That is interesting. I remember hearing years ago how the WNY (and BFLO) area SEEMS to have a higher per number of individual pools per house vs. anywhere else in the nation. Really a strange stat if you consider it is June 18 and the temp today in BFLO is having a hard time just cracking the 60 degree mark... I will stop before I rant! :lol::lol:

I wonder if that stat still holds true?

That is interesting. I remember hearing years ago how the WNY (and BFLO) area SEEMS to have a higher per number of individual pools per house vs. anywhere else in the nation. Really a strange stat if you consider it is June 18 and the temp today in BFLO is having a hard time just cracking the 60 degree mark... I will stop before I rant! :lol::lol:

I'm sure it is.

You wanna know why?

Answer.

I've heard that too. You know, next time you fly into Buffalo, pay attention. I remember noticing that when I flew in last October. It was crazy how many pools one sees on approach.

That is interesting. I remember hearing years ago how the WNY (and BFLO) area SEEMS to have a higher per number of individual pools per house vs. anywhere else in the nation. Really a strange stat if you consider it is June 18 and the temp today in BFLO is having a hard time just cracking the 60 degree mark... I will stop before I rant! ;):blink:

With all due respect this is very unusual for this time of year. Prior to this week the weather leading up the last few weeks was very warm,(temps in the mid to upper 80s on some days). The ave temp this time of year is 76 degrees & last year on this same date, courtesy of the buffalo news weather section today, was 89 degrees. So save the we could barely crack 60 degrees wise ass remark. Being this cold this time of year, is like the equivelent of having a 65 degree day in the middle of january. Highly unusual my friend.

With all due respect this is very unusual for this time of year. Prior to this week the weather leading up the last few weeks was very warm,(temps in the mid to upper 80s on some days). The ave temp this time of year is 76 degrees & last year on this same date, courtesy of the buffalo news weather section today, was 89 degrees. So save the we could barely crack 60 degrees wise ass remark. Being this cold this time of year, is like the equivelent of having a 65 degree day in the middle of january. Highly unusual my friend.

Agreed -- first time in a few years I had to turn on the AC before Memorial Day. Supposed to get back up into the mid-70s by the end of the weekend, though.