Best NES game ever?

EndZoneCrew

If anyone is in the age range of 24-38.....you remember the original NES......like all kids at that time...it was quite a breakthru from the old Atari system....was there a game that you remember being thoroughly addicted to or you still see yourself playing even today?

-For me, it was definitely Baseball Stars and Tecmo Super Bowl......those game were sweeeeeet for the sole reason of keeping stats for your players!

any other games?

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Techmo Super Bowl and NES Hockey (2 vs 2 where you had the choice of the small fast skinny guy and the slow fat guy)

good call with that game...loved the fighting in that.......I was thinking as far as an action game....remember CONTRA? I still know the code for 30x lives by heart....15 years after I played it last....good times! Anyone else remember that code?

Techmo Super Bowl and NES Hockey (2 vs 2 where you had the choice of the small fast skinny guy and the slow fat guy)

It was 4 on 4 and I used to see how many goals I could score in one game. 104 I think was my best.

Mike Tyson's punchout

Metroid

Contra

Tecmo

Zelda (the first one)

Blades of steel

Metal Gear

RBI Baseball

Were all great.

It was 4 on 4 and I used to see how many goals I could score in one game. 104 I think was my best.

Mike Tyson's punchout

Metroid

Contra

Tecmo

Zelda (the first one)

Blades of steel

Metal Gear

RBI Baseball

Were all great.

:thumbsup::blink:

If anyone is in the age range of 28-38.....you remember the original NES......like all kids at that time...it was quite a breakthru from the old Atari system....was there a game that you remember being thoroughly addicted to or you still see yourself playing even today?

-For me, it was definitely Baseball Stars and Tecmo Super Bowl......those game were sweeeeeet for the sole reason of keeping stats for your players!

any other games?

Heh, my brother and I had to save up our own money (chores, no allowance), all $106 to buy our NES. Our dad said it was too expensive and we already had an Atari, so if we wanted it, get it ourselves.

Geez, I think we were like 8 (me) and 10 (him) at the time. It was almost unbearable, all our friends had already had theirs for like a year before we got one.

Best game?

Dunno, that's tough. The Tecmo Bowl games were good. Double Dragon. Contra. Zelda. Castlevania...

Mike Tyson's punchout

Metroid

Contra

Tecmo

Zelda (the first one)

Blades of steel

Metal Gear

RBI Baseball

Were all great.

Blades of Steel. Wasn't that the one where you could get the guys to fight? If so, that one rocked.

If anyone is in the age range of 28-38.....you remember the original NES......like all kids at that time...it was quite a breakthru from the old Atari system....was there a game that you remember being thoroughly addicted to or you still see yourself playing even today?

any other games?

Know here's a thread I like. Super Mario bros! Especially #3.

And it was Ice Hockey, not NES Hockey. My brother and I had some epic battles in that game. It got downright crazy when you got to OT (or it may have been 2OT) when the goalies were automatically pulled.

I'll agree with you on Zelda and Metal Gear too. I can still break out those games and have a hell of a lot of fun. Their music will still randomly pop into my head.

And it was Ice Hockey, not NES Hockey. My brother and I had some epic battles in that game. It got downright crazy when you got to OT (or it may have been 2OT) when the goalies were automatically pulled.

I'll agree with you on Zelda and Metal Gear too. I can still break out those games and have a hell of a lot of fun. Their music will still randomly pop into my head.

wow...Metal Gear......I think I played that a few times when my parents were going to work at 7am (during the summer)....and my cousin and I were still up playing that game