Ray Lewis

Just 8 years ago this guy was arrested for double murder due to associating himself with the wrong people. He had a few character flaws coming from the U and now, to me at least, he seems to be one of the better leaders and personalities in the league.

Is Rae Carruth due for parole, or are you laying the groundwork to suggest that the Bills should sign Chris Henry? ;)

Just 8 years ago this guy was arrested for double murder due to associating himself with the wrong people. He had a few character flaws coming from the U and now, to me at least, he seems to be one of the better leaders and personalities in the league.

I wasn't there, but my buddy told me he stabbed the guys like this...

Boo to Ray Ray ;)

If I recall right Ray was never arrested. He was interviewed and used his American rights and took the fifth. Every time I have ever seen Ray speak he comes across as a great guy. Heck he was just on ESPN minutes ago. I see no character flaws in Ray Lewis and would build a team around him. The dude is a leader and one helluva football player!

If I recall right Ray was never arrested. He was interviewed and used his American rights and took the fifth. Every time I have ever seen Ray speak he comes across as a great guy. Heck he was just on ESPN minutes ago. I see no character flaws in Ray Lewis and would build a team around him. The dude is a leader and one helluva football player!

He was definitely arrested, there wasn't enough evidence to convict. Who knows what really happened. If your implying that guys with character issues can clean there act up and become productive players and citizens, then I see what your saying. But on the other hand if Goodell was commissioner at the time he definitely would've missed some games the following season and who knows if the Ravens even make it to the superbowl if this happens.

He was definitely arrested, there wasn't enough evidence to convict. Who knows what really happened. If your implying that guys with character issues can clean there act up and become productive players and citizens, then I see what your saying. But on the other hand if Goodell was commissioner at the time he definitely would've missed some games the following season and who knows if the Ravens even make it to the superbowl if this happens.

The weird thing is that I wasn't trying to imply anything. I just saw him on ESPN and though "wow this guy seems to have done a 180".

Now, though, I like what it does imply. People can change.

we should laud ray lewis for NOT killing people? :D I guess we should praise Kobe for NOT raping women in a few years.

Where in my post did it say that? I was just stating that the guy seems to have turned his life around. Obviously you still see him as a guy who was arrested for murder. I see him as a guy who had a second chance and ran with it.

I don't think it's lauding him for keeping his nose clean as much as it is for him turning his life around seemingly.

I'm not sure why his life had to be going in the wrong direction to begin with.

How hard is it not to beat your girlfriend and get into knife fights?

Yes, Ray Ray is a good person, because he says the right things on TV, and hasn't done those two things in 8 years or so.

I don't see why any person is "lauded" for not doing anything wrong. That's one of the basic requirements for a person to be acceptable in a society.

Turning your life around basically means that you stopped doing the crap that was wrong. Again, how hard is that?

If you have access to this issue, have a read. And then see if you can find the letters to the SI editor a couple weeks later. Classic stuff.

http://dynamic.si.cnn.com/si_online/covers.../2006/1113.html

Love, love, LOVE the SI Vault, and Scott Price is one of the best writers they've got right now.

Nov. 13, 2006: The Gospel According To Ray

Dec. 4, 2006: Letters

I'm not sure why his life had to be going in the wrong direction to begin with.

How hard is it not to beat your girlfriend and get into knife fights?

Yes, Ray Ray is a good person, because he says the right things on TV, and hasn't done those two things in 8 years or so.

I don't see why any person is "lauded" for not doing anything wrong. That's one of the basic requirements for a person to be acceptable in a society.

Turning your life around basically means that you stopped doing the crap that was wrong. Again, how hard is that?

Very hard for some. I grew up here in South Florida and it's not heaven. You grow up with people who you grow to care for as brothers and sometimes those "brothers" can get you in a lot of trouble. Some can't shake it. Look at Vick, Jones, The Bengals and such.

Here was a guy who was full of talent with bad character and now he has emerged as what to me seems like a good character guy. I respect anyone who can pull themselves away from the :D they grew up with and change how people perceive them.

Very hard for some. I grew up here in South Florida and it's not heaven. You grow up with people who you grow to care for as brothers and sometimes those "brothers" can get you in a lot of trouble. Some can't shake it. Look at Vick, Jones, The Bengals and such.

Here was a guy who was full of talent with bad character and now he has emerged as what to me seems like a good character guy. I respect anyone who can pull themselves away from the :D they grew up with and change how people perceive them.

All I"m saying, is that if you want to laud Ray Lewis for something, praise him for things he's done to better his community and those around him.

Don't praise him for not doing bad stuff anymore.

I'm sure all of us grew up with people who are either constantly in and out of jail, or just really never grew up, and are now more of a burden on society than a help. Just because we didn't follow in their footsteps and continually choose to do illegal or otherwise questionable actions anymore, doesn't mean we should be praised. That's what's expected from us as member of society. Meeting expectations doesn't deserve praise.

**Side Note**

I read most of that SI article that was linked, and although he seems to now be of the woman beating/knife fighting persuasion any more, I can't really say that a lot of his attitudes/opinions are something that I would consider correct.

Hmm...I'm feeling a little bored, just finished a doob...I'm on a Buffalo Bills message board...I know! I'll start a thread about a Ravens' linebacker who beat a murder charge eight years ago.

:D

Hmm...I'm feeling a little bored, just finished a doob...I'm on a Buffalo Bills message board...I know! I'll start a thread about a Ravens' linebacker who beat a murder charge eight years ago.

:D

My bad, next thread I'll start will be about which WR is a reach or maybe I'll post a mock draft so all of the positive minded posters here can tell me why I'm wrong and there right.

As far as it being a Bills message board, I guess talking who got the better deal the Vikes or the Chiefs would be more appropriate.