Per Rotoworld: Rams/Jets exchange trade ideas

Not sure how I feel about this. On one hand having the jets give up a bunch of draft picks would be nice. On the other not sure if I'd like to see Ryan with gang green.

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

The Rams have reportedly exchanged trade ideas with the Jets, who hold the No. 6 overall pick in the draft.

New York may want to get in front of Atlanta to secure Matt Ryan. St. Louis is open for business and in great position to make a move. The Rams could also try to sign Glenn Dorsey before Saturday. With Jake Long out of the picture, ESPN's John Clayton says Dorsey is the top player on their board.

I think Jets really want McFadden not Ryan.

same here. The Raiders are gonna draft McFadden at 4. The Jets need to get in front of the Raiders- this deal makes a lot of sense.

And if the Jets do deal for McFadden- what are the Raiders gonna do? Al Davis is crazy and who know who he will pick. He will be on tilt- it could be comedy!

The Rams could also try to sign Glenn Dorsey before Saturday. With Jake Long out of the picture, ESPN's John Clayton says Dorsey is the top player on their board.

I thought I heard that only the #1 overall pick could officially sign and come to terms with their team, and the team holding the #2 pick had to wait until draft day and couldn't negotiate early...As it stands, Long hasn't been "drafted" by Miami yet.

Or maybe the #2 team can negotiate but just can't make any official announcements? Anyone know?

I thought I heard that only the #1 overall pick could officially sign and come to terms with their team, and the team holding the #2 pick had to wait until draft day and couldn't negotiate early...As it stands, Long hasn't been "drafted" by Miami yet.

Or maybe the #2 team can negotiate but just can't make any official announcements? Anyone know?

http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playernews.aspx?sport=NFL

If you look at that link from the original poster, there's an updated story that indicates you're correct, and St. Louis can not negotiate with anyone as they aren't officially on the clock yet.

same here. The Raiders are gonna draft McFadden at 4. The Jets need to get in front of the Raiders- this deal makes a lot of sense.

And if the Jets do deal for McFadden- what are the Raiders gonna do? Al Davis is crazy and who know who he will pick. He will be on tilt- it could be comedy!

I think they are right on with it being Matt Ryan.

Would KC enter the bidding to move up to the Rams spot now that they have extra picks? Or are they happy with Brodie Croyle?

McFadden? I don't think he's worthy of trading up for. Sorry. Give me Stewart or Mendenhall.

The Rams could also try to sign Glenn Dorsey before Saturday. With Jake Long out of the picture, ESPN's John Clayton says Dorsey is the top player on their board.

If the Rams were to draft defense then I doubt if they would take Dorsey. They need a pass rushing DE more than anything else now that Jake Long is off the board. They already have Adam Carriker from last year's draft playing in the interior of their defense and he doesn't project as a pass rusher which is what they would need. Ghoulston or Chris Long would be more suited for their defense.

If the Rams were to draft defense then I doubt if they would take Dorsey. They need a pass rushing DE more than anything else now that Jake Long is off the board. They already have Adam Carriker from last year's draft playing in the interior of their defense and he doesn't project as a pass rusher which is what they would need. Ghoulston or Chris Long would be more suited for their defense.

From every source I've seen the choice is down to Long or Dorsey.

Though to be honest, trading down is the most likely scenario IMHO.

Oh I agree with that. They'll have the cream of the crop to pick from regardless. I personally think 2-3 years from now gholston and dorsey will be the 2 best defensive players from this draft. I dont think they could go wrong with either one. You can never go wrong with players like either one regardless. They do need an end though. I'm not as high on Chris Long as others. Yeah he's a good player, and relentless. Gholston imho is far more versatile, and dorsey a better inside presence, then long is on the outside. Can Long really be a yearly double digit sack guy, who applies consistent pressure? I'm just not as sold on him.

Would KC enter the bidding to move up to the Rams spot now that they have extra picks? Or are they happy with Brodie Croyle?

McFadden? I don't think he's worthy of trading up for. Sorry. Give me Stewart or Mendenhall.

The Jets pick at 6 and who is gonna draft Ryan before then? The Ravens at 8 will draft Ryan but I do not see them trading up. Well then again their QB is Kyle Boller. It is great to be the Rams right now, especially since Miami made the pick

The Jets pick at 6 and who is gonna draft Ryan before then? The Ravens at 8 will draft Ryan but I do not see them trading up. Well then again their QB is Kyle Boller. It is great to be the Rams right now, especially since Miami made the pick

The Falcons and or possibly the chiefs who sent a contingent of 50 personell people to the BC pro day

The Jets want Vernon Gholston not Matt Ryan

Over Chris Long? I doubt that. I bet they are trading up for Dorsey or McFadden. After they traded away Robertson I think it will be Dorsey. But McFadden makes a lot of sense to me. Gholston does not

Over Chris Long? I doubt that. I bet they are trading up for Dorsey or McFadden. After they traded away Robertson I think it will be Dorsey. But McFadden makes a lot of sense to me. Gholston does not

Getting Doresy for the Jets is trading Robertson to get a younger Robertson. No dice IMO.

I hope the Jets get Matt Ryan. From what I understand he is a very good leader but throws alot of interceptions. Hello John Kitna. Also, KC is on record as saying they wouldn't mind having up to 15 picks in the draft because they need more players. A QB should be available for where they pick in round 2.

at least half of these top rated guys are like 85% likely to bust.

i hope jake long busts, the jests pick busts, and the faketriots pick busts bad.

i think matt ryan might suck. it would be awesome to see the jests take him and him to friggen be the worst ever.