Dolphins will take Jake Long with #1 pick!

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft08/news/story?id=3358424

also Per Kffl.com and Rotoworld

Dolphins | Team to select J. Long first overall in draft

Tue, 22 Apr 2008 09:58:06 -0700

Jay Glazer, of FOXSports.com, reports the Miami Dolphins and Michigan OT Jake Long have agreed to terms on a five-year deal. Long is scheduled to fly into Miami later Tuesday, April 22, to join his new team. Long will be the first offensive lineman to be drafted first overall since 1997, when the St. Louis Rams took Ohio State OT Orlando Pace.

I don't think anyone should be surprised. I think we all saw this coming. Nothing would please be more than to see Schobel one on one with Long, beat him, and sack Beck HARD!

Damnit, I would have rather they'd taken pretty much anyone else. Although Schobel seems to have his best games against "elite" LTs. It was the safest pick IMO but perhaps not the guy with the potential to create the greatest impact over the course of his career.

I don't mind this at all. I'd much rather have Schobel go up against a rookie LT, than have Trent being chased down by Chris Long or Gholston, who I think will have more of an immediate impact. Jake Long is very good, but he's no Joe Thomas

Just had that revelation too.

Damn...you beat me to the punch.

Have to fast one this board to beat me! :wallbash:

I don't mind this at all. I'd much rather have Schobel go up against a rookie LT, than have Trent being chased down by Chris Long or Gholston, who I think will have more of an immediate impact. Jake Long is very good, but he's no Joe Thomas

Are the Fins going to play him at LT? I was under the impression that he was a RT, and could be shifted to LT but would therefore become less effective. I don't know much about him- I think I read that in MMQB, so take it for what it's worth.

Are the Fins going to play him at LT? I was under the impression that he was a RT, and could be shifted to LT but would therefore become less effective. I don't know much about him- I think I read that in MMQB, so take it for what it's worth.

He played last year at LT

Thanks. Maybe I have it the other way around....

No, he was moved to LT before last season started I believe, and I have heard some draftniks claim he's better suited to play RT before LT. However, he does have some experience at LT, since he played a whole season there.