I Already Told the Wife - Don't Bother Me This Weekend!

CJPearl2

Sending the wife to Florida for the weekend and having some friends over. The menu includes wings in the fryer, venison tenderloin (saved it for a special occasion, the other tenderloin is for opening day), and High Life on tap. Just hooked up the Directv in the garage so I can smoke cigars and keep watching NFL channel. 50' HD inside with Kipers annoying comments in Surround, and 36' in the garage. Should be a good day!

Nothing beats the High Life! Nice work on getting it on tap. I have it cold bottles...mmmm..the Champaign of Beers!

I had a party with all the lawyers and staff from my law firm recently and everyone brought beer, so I have a fridge stocked with a bunch of micro brews and that German Wheat sh-- everyone loves. But I saved the good stuff for this weekend.

Go Bills.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm as big a Bills (and NFL) fan as there is, and I'm sorry, I just don't get the fascination with sitting by the TV all day waiting for picks and listening to the morons on ESPN or NFLN drone on. If I've got absolutely nothing better to do and am around the house I'll have it on, but if the weather is halfway decent I'd rather play golf and then log on Saturday night to read about the Bills' picks.

That's just me.

P.S. If there's a regular season (Bills) or playoff (Bills/Sabres/Mets) or tournament (Tar Heels) game on, however, all bets are off.

You're not the only one. I enjoy my Saturday, then check the picks around 10pm. Come 10:05, I know just as much as the guys who spent the whole day watching the draft.

But, to each is own.....

With all due respect, that outlook on the draft is INSANE.

There will be enough nice Saturday's in a year for me to get my fix of that. Draft weekend is only once a year. The idea of missing it makes me nauseous. It's a horror I don't think I can comprehend.

You're not the only one. I enjoy my Saturday, then check the picks around 10pm. Come 10:05, I know just as much as the guys who spent the whole day watching the draft.

But, to each is own.....

I generally have the same thoughts, but it is exciting to me all the same. I enjoy the heart thumping as Moron walks to the podium and says "with the ___ pick in the 2008 NFL Draft... the Buffalo Bills select..."

Plus, I'll be too sunburned and carrying too much trout home by the time the draft starts, I'll need a place to sit and relax :wallbash:

But, to each is own.....

It is not just the draft though. It is the whole day of festivities. I go golfing every saturday morning. We get the 1st tee time & usually tee off around 6am. So I will go golfing, be home by 9:30, take a little nap, then I will take the little guy to his soccer game at noon, be home by 2:30 & start cracking the beers. I will put $50 on a few NHL & NBA playoff games. Flip back & forth on those during the draft. Maybe tune into see how the Mets are doing. A few of my friends will stop over. I will play a little mini basketball with the little guy down in the clubhouse(that is what me & my son call the basement) all while watching some good sports during the duration of the day & yes the draft although tedius at times is must see tv. Where else are you going to get your football fix in April???? Add in some good grilling over the course of the day(Im going to be doing burgers in the afternoon along with shrimp kabobs, taco dip, stuffed mushrooms, baby back ribs for lunch/appetizers & lobster tails & strip steaks at night). I have 5 friends that are coming over. Cap off the day by building a bonfire at night & it is a pretty good way to spend a saturday in late April. So as you could see, it is not just watching the draft, it is the culmination of golfing, spending quality fun time with the little guy, boozing, gambling, eating excellent food & watching quality sports on the plasma tv.

It is not just the draft though. It is the whole day of festivities. I go golfing every saturday morning. We get the 1st tee time & usually tee off around 6am. So I will go golfing, be home by 9:30, take a little nap, then I will take the little guy to his soccer game at noon, be home by 2:30 & start cracking the beers. I will put $50 on a few NHL & NBA playoff games. Flip back & forth on those during the draft. Maybe tune into see how the Mets are doing. A few of my friends will stop over. I will play a little mini basketball with the little guy down in the clubhouse(that is what me & my son call the basement) all while watching some good sports during the duration of the day & yes the draft although tedius at times is must see tv. Where else are you going to get your football fix in April???? Add in some good grilling over the course of the day(Im going to be doing burgers in the afternoon along with shrimp kabobs, taco dip, stuffed mushrooms, baby back ribs for lunch/appetizers & lobster tails & strip steaks at night). I have 5 friends that are coming over. Cap off the day by building a bonfire at night & it is a pretty good way to spend a saturday in late April. So as you could see, it is not just watching the draft, it is the culmination of golfing, spending quality fun time with the little guy, boozing, gambling, eating excellent food & watching quality sports on the plasma tv.

I want YOUR life!

Well done. Well done, indeed.

GO BILLS!!!

Thank you. My life is not all roses either but I do know how to do things right when it comes to crap like this.

Amen to that.

Up at 5 AM to catch the good trout, bake in the sun til noon with a couple cold ones, clean and gut, grill the fish, some wings, steak for the misses and tofu or whatever the queer Steeler fans eat, then kick back and pass out to the NFL Draft. It's all gravy.

Sending the wife to Florida for the weekend and having some friends over. The menu includes wings in the fryer, venison tenderloin (saved it for a special occasion, the other tenderloin is for opening day), and High Life on tap. Just hooked up the Directv in the garage so I can smoke cigars and keep watching NFL channel. 50' HD inside with Kipers annoying comments in Surround, and 36' in the garage. Should be a good day!

Honestly, who are you trying to trump??

Watch out! Kgun will not be happy with this effort to "trump" him. Apparently he is very sensitive to descriptive posts about draft plans in threads about draft day plans.

With all due respect, that outlook on the draft is INSANE.

There will be enough nice Saturday's in a year for me to get my fix of that. Draft weekend is only once a year. The idea of missing it makes me nauseous. It's a horror I don't think I can comprehend.

That's my point. Miss what? There's no action, very little drama, and nobody knows what these guys will do until training camp starts. It's just not my cup o' tea. To me, this isn't a "football fix" -- it's more talking heads debating something they have no idea about. I get that on this board every day of the week.

That said, I don't begrudge anyone planning his weekend around it -- if it gives you another reason to party, so be it.

Lets see here...

Wings with Blazin' Sauce and my seasalt and garlic blend: Check

Queso Dip/Tostito's Scoops: Check

24 pack Molson: Check (Hey... just in case we have another Donte pick :P)

Flat Screen TV: Check

Posluszny throwback: Check

Autographed Shane Conlan picture: Check (good luck)

Throwback Bills Hat signed by Evans/Tasker: Check

Bills Lounge Pants: Check

Draft Tracker page: Check (The only thing Street & Smith does right for the draft)

Annoying Steeler/Broncos/Eagles fan friends: Check, but they know not to talk when the Bills pick.

I am going to stay far, far away from this board on draft day, since the server will crash once we pick someone and 18 posts go up at the same time saying "OMFG TEH BILLZ SELECTED ________" and "Yes I was right you jerkoffs we got _______" and "What kind of motor does __________ have? 40 time?" with a mixture of "WHO THE HELL IS __________!? DOOOOM, MARV IS SENILE, RALPH SHOULD SELL"

My wish on draft day is not for who i want the Bills to pick, but for only ONE person to post who was picked and for it not to be a damn race to see who posts it first.

Heart Attack: Check

Lack of Fashion sense: Check

I just shed a tear.

I believe that your women should be cherished and loved at all times even during the draft! I think that her man should drop anything to service her at all times even during the draft!

I also believe JP should get another chance!

How is that for a first post.

you're 0-3. percentage-wise, that's worse than JP's record as a starter. :devil:

I feel that way too. I think's its the "smart guy" vibe I get from Russ Brandon. He seems to be part of the new generation of young, intelligent, business-savy GMs in all sports, not just football.

Like JP Ricciardi and Paul DePodesta? How are things working out for those guys? :devil:

I just shed a tear.

What time are you getting married? Maybe in honor of your wedding day I was thinking about doing a 2 beer funnell right at the time the priest says you may kiss the bride.