Did you guys know that the draft is at 3 this year?!

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If they were smart they would make the draft last a week, one round a day.

They would still get the first day hype, have a second day hype as well and it would give more time for negotiations, leaks, etc the entire week.

If they were smart they would make the draft last a week, one round a day.

They would still get the first day hype, have a second day hype as well and it would give more time for negotiations, leaks, etc the entire week.

Do you realize how long that would drag on for? The draft is that way it is for a reason......it's on a weekend and most people aren't working.

They start the draft at 3pm to allow workers to get home and they shortened the rounds so that it should not last any longer than it used to and they will hopefully end it (or switch to ESPN2) at 8ish with the draft not going on past 9pm EDT.

They start the draft at 3pm to allow workers to get home and they shortened the rounds so that it should not last any longer than it used to and they will hopefully end it (or switch to ESPN2) at 8ish with the draft not going on past 9pm EDT.

Last year that happened. If by so reason day 1 goes past 8 pm they will swtitch from ESPN to ESPN 2. This happened last year if you remember...........and yes I watched the entire draft, sort of. Not so much day 2 unless the Bills picked! :thumbsup:

Its definitely on ESPN, for sure

I personally am not happy with them shortening time between picks. Not only will it reduce trades, but I think it will force teams to make rash decisions... I know they want to reduce the time for spectators, but the fact of the matter is: there is a lot at stake, in terms of both money and performance. I think if the GM's need an extra five minutes to be sure of what they're doing, then they should get it

Its definitely on ESPN, for sure

I personally am not happy with them shortening time between picks. Not only will it reduce trades, but I think it will force teams to make rash decisions... I know they want to reduce the time for spectators, but the fact of the matter is: there is a lot at stake, in terms of both money and performance. I think if the GM's need an extra five minutes to be sure of what they're doing, then they should get it

If those extra 5 minutes make a difference between a team making a good pick and a poor pick, the team is in a world of sh-- anyway. All of the analysis and draft boards should be done by draft day.