THis is ridiculous

K-Gun10

Yeah, but who could forget that incredible 2000 season he had in Washington? - 10 receptions for 103 yards and a TD. Nothing he did in his 221 games as a Bill even comes close :thumbdown:

I hate to say it, but if the man finally gets his due and gets into the Hall you know he's going in as a Redskin....

I'd laugh if it didn't make me :rolleyes:

It's a little-known fact that Reed was an extreme recluse during his tenure with the Bills. During this JD Salinger-esque phase he only came out of hiding for games and, even then, he went to great lengths to ensure that he wasn't photographed. It wasn't until his move to Washington that he eventually shook his irrational fear of cameras.

:P

Did Mort put that list together?

:devil: If Mort put it together Dre wouldn't even be on the list.

Should have Montana in a Kansas City Chef's hat.

:devil:

I hate to say it, but if the man finally gets his due and gets into the Hall you know he's going in as a Redskin....

Player's don't have much say which team they are inducted under. It's based off where they played the longest. Maybe if a player had played 5 years with one team and 5 years with another they will have a say, but in Reeds case (10+ years with Buffalo and less than 1 season with Washington), he won't have any choice but to go in as a Bill (IF he goes in at all)

Player's don't have much say which team they are inducted under. It's based off where they played the longest. Maybe if a player had played 5 years with one team and 5 years with another they will have a say, but in Reeds case (10+ years with Buffalo and less than 1 season with Washington), he won't have any choice but to go in as a Bill (IF he goes in at all)

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/SelectionProcessFAQ.jsp

Where's Thurman Thomas? He slid to the 2nd round because people were worried about his knee.

Seems like their criteria for non-1st rounders extends to 2nd rounders as well. No Larry Allen either.

Is a New Hall of Fame Member Enshrined as a Member of a Team?

Obviously, teams take great pride in the accomplishments of individuals who have been a part of their organization. Often individual teams and even the Hall of Fame will list enshrinees according to the team or teams on which they spent a significant period of time. An enshrinee, however, is not asked to “declare,” nor does the Hall of Fame “choose” a team under which a new member is enshrined. When elected to the Pro Football Hall of Fame, an individual is recognized for his accomplishments as a player, coach, or contributor.

http://www.profootballhof.com/hof/SelectionProcessFAQ.jsp

Because the football HOF only puts up busts of the players there really isn't any declaring what team. They just put up all of their accomplishments with each team on a plaque. It's not like the baseball HOF where players are shown in baseball hats.

Because the football HOF only puts up busts of the players there really isn't any declaring what team. They just put up all of their accomplishments with each team on a plaque. It's not like the baseball HOF where players are shown in baseball hats.

No more plaques, either, not after they redesigned the Enshrinees' Gallery. All that stuff is on touchscreen consoles now...

Yeah, but you know that sunny day in Canton, as Reed stands in his yellow jacket, he'll look out upon a sea of Redskin jerseys and talk about the great time he had as a Redskin. Fortunately for Reed he'll actually be able to tell annecdotes on all 10 of his catches as a Redskin in his speech, including "The Touchdown" - always a fan favorite. I can hardly wait.

Seems like their criteria for non-1st rounders extends to 2nd rounders as well. No Larry Allen either.

as outraged as I am that Staubach, Thurman, and Tasker (9th round Oilers) are not on the list, I am more-so appauled that Mike Williams isn't anywhere on the top 50 busts list!

;)