Steve McNair all done?

Lori

No link yet, just a blurb on the ESPN2 update saying he's retiring...

schefter is reporting it as well..........good news for the bills draft - this makes ryan a lock to go by the ravens at the latest

All the injuries he's had, it's a wonder he didn't hang 'em up a few years ago.

There were weeks in his last Titan days when only the most recent injury was listed in the report e.g. 'shoulder' when it might have read 'shoulder, concussion, foot, hip, ribs.' He wouldn't practice all week, then would suit up on Sundays and play his guts out when he was the #1 target. Tough cookie. His exit from Tenn where they actually locked the doors to the practice facility when he showed up was shameful considering all he did for that franchise.

The ravens better be praying that Matt Ryan doesnt go before #8.

If i was the Falcons GM, i'd have Baltimore on the phone right now..."So how bad do you want matt ryan? Are you going to make it worth our while to pass on him?" Trade form 3 to 8, pick up a 2nd and a 3rd in the process. Then flip 2 of atlantas 4 second rounders for a mid to late 1st, and grab Brohm. 2 1sts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds would go a long way to helping atlanta improve in a hurry.

The ravens better be praying that Matt Ryan doesnt go before #8.

If i was the Falcons GM, i'd have Baltimore on the phone right now..."So how bad do you want matt ryan? Are you going to make it worth our while to pass on him?" Trade form 3 to 8, pick up a 2nd and a 3rd in the process. Then flip 2 of atlantas 4 second rounders for a mid to late 1st, and grab Brohm. 2 1sts, 2 seconds, 2 thirds would go a long way to helping atlanta improve in a hurry.

i don't think ryan is worth the #3 spot........if i'm the ravens i call that bluff, pick him at #8 if he's there or, if he's not, address the position in round 2.........certainly doesn't look like a franchise QB to me, although he'll be serviceable......and, as quinn found out last year, doesn't take much for a QB to slip

i don't think ryan is worth the #3 spot........if i'm the ravens i call that bluff, pick him at #8 if he's there or, if he's not, address the position in round 2.........certainly doesn't look like a franchise QB to me, although he'll be serviceable......and, as quinn found out last year, doesn't take much for a QB to slip

i dont think the falcons shoudl take ryan at #3 either. They should do wexactly what the browns did last year. Take a lineman and then trade up or take a QB early in round 2. But i think there's enough of a danger that they can bluff baltimore into moving up.

i dont think the falcons shoudl take ryan at #3 either. They should do wexactly what the browns did last year. Take a lineman and then trade up or take a QB early in round 2. But i think there's enough of a danger that they can bluff baltimore into moving up.

that plan can backfire and isn't a sure thing.

The only reason Cleveland had any success last year was because their QB stepped up tremendously after Quinn decided he still wanted to be payed like a top 5 pick. If Quinn was taken before the had a chance to grab him later, and Anderson bombed, how would that move looked?

that plan can backfire and isn't a sure thing.

The only reason Cleveland had any success last year was because their QB stepped up tremendously after Quinn decided he still wanted to be payed like a top 5 pick. If Quinn was taken before the had a chance to grab him later, and Anderson bombed, how would that move looked?

I dont care. build the lines, then go after the QB. Havent the Bills taught you anything? If Ryan bombs, how do you know whether its him or its the rest of the team. It makes more sense for them to grab a dorsey or a long at #3.

Even if they wait until their 2nd round pick, they'll likely still have their choice of Flacco, Henne, and possibly Brohm.

I heard McNair got injured on his way to the podium today. Thankfully, they gave him some cortisone and was able to finish the farewell speech.

In all seriousness, here's to one hell of a tough QB. :beer: