Offical 2008 Bills Schedule Thread

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looks like the easiest schedule we've had in a long time. If this team stays healthy, I think 11-5 or even 12-4 isn't out of the question. I'm assuming 4-1 or 3-2 at the bye then sweeping the fins and jets but loosing both to the patsies as well as the chargers. If we could split with ne 13-3 baby! How's that for April optimism!!! :huh:

Could we just stop with the I cant believe NE has the easiest schedule conspiracy theory? The schedules are preplanned years in advance & the only difference between our schedule & NE schedule is that they get to play the AFC division winners for 2 games(Indy & Pitts) & we get to play the 2nd place teams(Cleve & Jacks). The only reason their schedule is easier then our is because they get to play us twice instead of playing themselves twice. Not to mention playing the jets & phins twice.

'Zactly. Not their fault the rest of the division sucked last year...

Not happy with sending Miami north. There are a LOT of people who make that their one game in Buffalo every year. I was hoping for Seattle instead, but they picked the only other way to sell that game out by making it the opener.

No back-to-back home games unless you count Toronto. Interesting. That means no three-game road stretches, either, which is a very good thing.

San Diego (past practice) and San Fran (after Thanksgiving) look like the only potential non-sellouts, but with the supposedly high season-ticket renewal rate, I'm guessing we'll be all right.

Could do without the long back-to-back roadies in STL and AZ; the bye falls at a good time after the latter game.

Looks like I'm not going to Denver, though, with it falling that close to Christmas. Dammit. That was my #1 choice for a road trip this year.

Overall, personal gripes aside, not a bad schedule. Not bad at all.

Nope. Week 16 is not a flex week.

Not according to the Bills website;

The Bills' most important matchup could potentially come in the season's final week (Dec. 28), as the Bills host the Patriots in what could be a game with major AFC playoff implications.

As a reminder Buffalo's final six games of the regular season (Nov. 23-Dec. 28) are subject to flexible scheduling. That means Buffalo's home games against San Francisco (Nov. 30), Miami (Dec. 7 in Toronto) and New England (Dec. 28) could be moved to Sunday night as part of the league's flexible scheduling initiative. The NFL will provide notice 12 days prior to the date of the game as to whether such a change will be made.

Game tickets can be purchased by calling 1-877-BB-TICKS, online at www.buffalobills.com or at the Bills ticket office at One Bills Drive. Individual game tickets go on sale July 19.

Hope they flex the Toronto game, just to piss off the canadians, would be to funny.

I don't like the fact that all warm weather road games are in Sept/Oct and all the cold weather road games are in Dec/Nov. Usually, the league would throw the Bills a bone and schedule a late season road game in a warm weather site. Not this year. And I think we lose most of our homefield advantage with the Fish playing in a dome in December.

How long before we hear the "Rust Belt Bowl" promos on ESPN? Kornheiser's gonna have a field day... <_<

So who's heading to Toronto? Is that game part of your season ticket purchases?

I'm going (I think.) It's not part of the season ticket package but season ticket holders get first dibs on tickets (allegedly.) My name is on some sort of list and they are going to call me. We'll see what happens.

All in all, I like the schedule. I'm glad we have another Monday nighter but I'm upset about the Fish game being in Toronto. I guess that's the NFL's way of coming to a compromise.

Get Expert Opinion to post in it.

:worthy:

Am I the only one pissed that we only got one national prime time game?

No. Since on the east coast the games start at 9 I can't stay up. I have to get up a 5 am. I'd prefer no national games.

We can't call it a rivalry with the Pats* when we always lose by multiple touchdowns. Is there a rivalry between the hammer and the nail?

Sez here that we at least split with the Pets* this year! <_<

Could we just stop with the I cant believe NE has the easiest schedule conspiracy theory? The schedules are preplanned years in advance & the only difference between our schedule & NE schedule is that they get to play the AFC division winners for 2 games(Indy & Pitts) & we get to play the 2nd place teams(Cleve & Jacks). The only reason their schedule is easier then our is because they get to play us twice instead of playing themselves twice.

Correct - every year I'm amazed at how few fans get this: The difference between us playing them twice and them playing us is 18 wins/losses.

Would be nice for weather purposes, if Oakland, SD & @Jax weren't so early but whatever.

Miami in Toronto..Are they stupid!!!!!!!!!

I've been thinking about this and I think this matters more to people who are 40 plus. I fall under that earmark and didn't start following the Bills until the mid 80's during my teen years. I can understand all the Dolphin hate generated during the 70's but since I was never a part of that my hate is more aimed toward New England (even though they have only been good for the last decade). I have more hate for the Steelers than I do for the Fish. Getting stomped by Pittsburgh every primetime game in the 90's really fostered that.

I've been thinking about this and I think this matters more to people who are 40 plus. I fall under that earmark and didn't start following the Bills until the mid 80's during my teen years. I can understand all the Dolphin hate generated during the 70's but since I was never a part of that my hate is more aimed toward New England (even though they have only been good for the last decade). I have more hate for the Steelers than I do for the Fish. Getting stomped by Pittsburgh every primetime game in the 90's really fostered that.

Good theory, but I'm 32 and still consider Miami the biggest game of the year.

I'm more pissed about the fact they they moved a divisional game, and took away a significant homefield advantage. Move another game, NOT a divisional game.

yes that is the key...every game out of the US has been non conference...but the Bills lose a division game.....