Barack Obama hates Pennsylvanians

Pennsylvania is a strange state. Step over the border and its like you are in Alabama. The rural areas are very, very Conservative. Lots of churches, 10 commandment signs on lawns and confederate flags. Yet the big cities are of course very liberal. Its like the two big cities and Alabama in between. New York would never elect a complete as-wipe like Rick Santorium to the Senate. Our as-wipes are much more liberal.

As for Erie, it's airport is a real sh-- hole.

Barrack is that you?

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Pennsylvania is a strange state. Step over the border and its like you are in Alabama. The rural areas are very, very Conservative. Lots of churches, 10 commandment signs on lawns and confederate flags. Yet the big cities are of course very liberal. Its like the two big cities and Alabama in between. New York would never elect a complete as-wipe like Rick Santorium to the Senate. Our as-wipes are much more liberal.

Whatchu talkin' 'bout Willis?

The Alabama in the middle thing is a comparison. It's not REALLY Alabama in between.

The Alabama in the middle thing is a comparison. It's not REALLY Alabama in between.

Shhhh..... he's on a roll. After all he still belives the Germans bombed pearl harbor and the Bush Adminstration started the war by sending cruise missles into the pentagon and world trade center.

I went to Sugargrove, PA for an "Abolitionist Contevetion" a re-inactment of an 1850's convention where Buffalo Native William Wells Brown spoke--really an actor, of course. The night before someone burned a cross on the Church's lawn.

The rural areas are very, very Conservative. Lots of churches, 10 commandment signs on lawns...

...and guns, and bitterness...

...and confederate flags.

It's a little known fact that the founders of the Confederacy briefly discussed locating the Confederate Capital at Shamokin Dam.

:huh:

I've lived here for almost 40 years, and I have yet to see a "10 commandment sign" on anyone's lawn. Have seen a few Confederate flags, though; I think they come free with the NASCAR license plates.

Sketch, you just made my list.

I've lived here for almost 40 years, and I have yet to see a "10 commandment sign" on anyone's lawn. Have seen a few Confederate flags, though; I think they come free with the NASCAR license plates.

I think you Pennsylvania religious freaks keep 'em in the backyards, because you Pennsylvania gun nuts keep taking potshots at them out of bitterness...

How about those little ducks with the windmill arms?

"...And it's not surprising then they get bitter, they cling to guns or religion or ducks with windmill arms or keep their holiday decorations up through August..."

I think you Pennsylvania religious freaks keep 'em in the backyards, because you Pennsylvania gun nuts keep taking potshots at them out of bitterness...

You, of course, are at the top of the list. Written in ink.

And I'll have you know that I took the Christmas tree down before the end of February this year.

How about those little ducks with the windmill arms?

Them, and worse. Don't forget the plywood cutouts painted to look like Aunt Fanny's oversized... fanny, bending over in the garden...

I go into PA a lot and see those signs in the little corner of PA--near Warren--I see regularily. Big state of course, so it doesn't mean it is that way for the whole state.

You run out of beer and your friends go home.

Sheeeeeit.

If you run out of beer you ain't from Pennsylvania. <_<

Yerp.

And the worst of the "confederates" we see over here are ALWAYS some of you oh so refined city folk who stupidly believe simple-minded stereotypes bear any resemblance to reality and think we find it acceptable for you to come over for the weekend and run around getting drunk and bitching about &#33;@#&#036;s and jews. We're good country folk and that evil sh-- don't fly around here. Fortunately it often ends with a beautiful campfire. And when I say campfire I'm talking about some douchebag from Cleveburgh's camp. On fire.

And in case we have any members of the law enforcement community listening in I'd like it clearly understood that I was nowhere near the area when somebody tied a line into that well and threw a hose threw that redneck cityboy's camp window. And left it on. In February.

Nope, don't know no nuthin 'bout that.

You, of course, are at the top of the list. Written in ink.

Them, and worse. Don't forget the plywood cutouts painted to look like Aunt Fanny's oversized... fanny, bending over in the garden...

I thought Cheektowaga had cornered the market on those.

I beg to differ. It's easy to run out of beer in PA, since you can only buy it from a beer distributor (at least while I lived there)

It's a lot harder to run out when there's about 8-10 coolers always packed with ice and beer. And another 20-30 cases stored around various areas of the grounds. <_<

Running out of beer...... :worthy::):lol:

Sheeeeeit.

If you run out of beer you ain't from Pennsylvania. <_<

Yerp.

And the worst of the "confederates" we see over here are ALWAYS some of you oh so refined city folk who stupidly believe simple-minded stereotypes bear any resemblance to reality and think we find it acceptable for you to come over for the weekend and run around getting drunk and bitching about &#33;@#&#036;s and jews. We're good country folk and that evil sh-- don't fly around here. Fortunately it often ends with a beautiful campfire. And when I say campfire I'm talking about some douchebag from Cleveburgh's camp. On fire.

And in case we have any members of the law enforcement community listening in I'd like it clearly understood that I was nowhere near the area when somebody tied a line into that well and threw a hose threw that redneck cityboy's camp window. And left it on. In February.

Nope, don't know no nuthin 'bout that.

:worthy:

Well played.

So is Pennsylvania like Arkansas, Tennesee and Kentucky in that your favorite aunt's name is often <_< "mom"?

Not our family. We got out of that habit when we left New York.

That's not a joke, by the way. Indeed, it was more common than one might think, up through the middle of the nineteenth century. All those fine, upstanding "Mayflower families"? First cousins galore.

:lol:

I forgot about those! I use to have a client in Cortland, NY and saw many a Fanny's garden fanny there.

Do you know what's really interesting? The fact that Obama and Clinton have so many people working to rip the other one apart that they both need to spend an inordinate amount of time giving speeches to correct the stupid shiit they may or may not have said in previous speeches. Or that their associates have said. Obama is running around putting fingers in holes created by his pastor or comments about Pennsylvanians while Hillary runs around putting fingers in holes created by fake sniper fire or the multiple people she has to fire from her campaign because she was too stupid to fire them when she still had a chance to win enough delegates.

At this point, all McCain has to do is stand around and say nothing and he can walk into the White House strictly off the complete and utter idiotic infighting going on between Obama and Clinton.

It's a goddamn embarrassment on all fronts.

Not our family. We got out of that habit when we left New York.

That's not a joke, by the way. Indeed, it was more common than one might think, up through the middle of the nineteenth century. All those fine, upstanding "Mayflower families"? First cousins galore.

I believe it - who else was around for them to marry? My family landed in 1658 and my brother has spent years tracing them, I'll have to ask him what he found in that regard. By that time though there were more people around. Plus a bunch of us moved west (one co-founded Portland OR as a matter of fact) and so hopefully improved the gene pool some. I like to think so anyway.

I think my dad was born in Scranton by the way...he was a big bullshitter that's not the sort of thing one makes up.