Buffalo makes Forbes "10 most miserable sports cities"

Big Turk

Here is the link:

Forbes 10 most miserable sports cities...

Here is the blurb about us:

"Everyone knows about the Bills' four straight Super Bowl losses from 1991-94. But at least the team took two American Football League titles. The NHL's Sabres, meanwhile, are going on 38 seasons without a Stanley Cup, coming up empty in six final-four appearances."

You know what's really the MOST depressing thought about this thread? It's that it's a "double-banger". Not only am I never going to get back the 30 seconds that it took me to write this response, but I'll also never get back the 10 seconds that it took me to read the initial post.

Who - in God's name - give's a rat's hairy ass about what this commentator thinks? I mean, you know, aside from the person who originally posted this?

Jesus. Show up the Ralph on Sunday afternoon, and THEN talk to me about a bad sports town. Dope.

You know what's really the MOST depressing thought about this thread? It's that it's a "double-banger". Not only am I never going to get back the 30 seconds that it took me to write this response, but I'll also never get back the 10 seconds that it took me to read the initial post.

Who - in God's name - give's a rat's hairy ass about what this commentator thinks? I mean, you know, aside from the person who originally posted this?

Jesus. Show up the Ralph on Sunday afternoon, and THEN talk to me about a bad sports town. Dope.

I believe the miserable refers to the fact that the fans are forced to endure the hardship of rooting for teams that never win anything rather than your inexplicable interpretation of it...

Regardless of anyone's animosity towards the columnist who wrote this article it's truth.

So shoot the messenger.

To lose 4 consecutive super bowls is a disaster and an embarassment for the bills.

But for the Bills not for Buffalo , remember the Bills are only a team that plays in Buffalo and now Buffalo/Toronto , they don't really represent the city , people are just sucked into believing they do.

The Bills are just a business, an entertainment.

Nothing more, so there is no reason not to just take it in good fun and have a laugh.

You have to ask yourself, have the people who wrote these articles ever been here during a sabres season? or a bills season? because during the seasons and the numerous sell outs us fans put up every year for both teams....it doesn't appear to be soo miserable. Granted...yes we haven't won a major sports championship and our economy is looked at as weak...but that's NEVER stopped us from coming out and doing what we have to do as fans. The best part is, when one season ends another begins. fresh hope....

buffalo does not hold a candle to philly. When is the last time a philly franchise won a championship? oh yeah that's right when before I was born and Dr. J was still in town. The fans are disgusting and they boo Santa Claus. I think that is a much more miserable city, and they have Mitch Williams.

So, this list is pure bull as Buffalo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Philly

EDIT: This really has no credibility when the author of the article is named Tom Van Raper

buffalo does not hold a candle to philly. When is the last time a philly franchise won a championship? oh yeah that's right when before I was born and Dr. J was still in town. The fans are disgusting and they boo Santa Claus. I think that is a much more miserable city, and they have Mitch Williams.

So, this list is pure bull as Buffalo >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Philly

EDIT: This really has no credibility when the author of the article is named Tom Van Raper

again, we're not talking about fan attitude. we're talking about cities who have had to endure the most hardship/letdown from their teams...

You have to ask yourself, have the people who wrote these articles ever been here during a sabres season? or a bills season? because during the seasons and the numerous sell outs us fans put up every year for both teams....it doesn't appear to be soo miserable. Granted...yes we haven't won a major sports championship and our economy is looked at as weak...but that's NEVER stopped us from coming out and doing what we have to do as fans. The best part is, when one season ends another begins. fresh hope....

again, we're not talking about fan attitude. we're talking about cities who have had to endure the most hardship/letdown from their teams...

Yah, i think people are reading too much into this... its really a list of fans that have suffered the most... In a way, it makes me proud that things are supposed to be so "miserable" yet we still continue to sell out games and be crazy... though i find it hard to believe any fans have suffered more than us, but i guess maybe we have it good compared to atlanta and seattle...

FORBES?????...One of the ALL TIME GREAT Sports Authorities!

Yeah, they don't know anything. They picked Kevin McHale, Minnesota Timberwolves GM, as the best executive in sports (or maybe just the NBA, can't remember). They're morons (when it comes to sports, at least).