Greenbay intrested in Losman?

The other talk at the time was that Mike Martz liked him.

Thus, he would have been the QB of the future behind Marc Bulger in St. Louis.

Since Losman was gone, they instead chose their RB of the future who initially played behind Marshall Faulk.

Who was their pick?

Steven Jackson.

I would not be surprised at all to see GB make a move for him around the draft. They won't draft someone because they essentially have that already in Rodgers, except he has atleast some NFL experience.

I could see them bringing in someone like JP to compete with Rodgers for the #1 spot, with the loser becoming the #2 so they would atleast have a veteran QB with experience on the roster. GB will need a QB, unless Brett decides that he wants to "unretire" (some rumors have been floating around that he said he would come back if they needed him), and they would want someone with more experience then Rodgers and Nall. JP is someone who could be good enough to take the #1 spot, or atleast keep it warm for a while until they have full confidence in Rodgers to start

I have Greenbay in the TBD mock draft this year. I was doing some research on their message boards and there is alot of talk of JP Losman. Many would rather have him over Rodgers. Thought it was intresting.

That is interesting because I have looked at other team's forums to see what some of the fans say in reaction to Losman and he isn't a player most fans want in a trade.

Not if it means giving anything up for him.

I would not be surprised at all to see GB make a move for him around the draft. They won't draft someone because they essentially have that already in Rodgers, except he has atleast some NFL experience.

I could see them bringing in someone like JP to compete with Rodgers for the #1 spot, with the loser becoming the #2 so they would at least have a veteran QB with experience on the roster. GB will need a QB, unless Brett decides that he wants to "unretire" (some rumors have been floating around that he said he would come back if they needed him), and they would want someone with more experience then Rodgers and Nall. JP is someone who could be good enough to take the #1 spot, or atleast keep it warm for a while until they have full confidence in Rodgers to start

J.P. will be here when training camp opens and into the season you need two QBs and I don't think he is the type to be derisive knowing that TE has a history of injuries .

nah

he's done

Time will tell. If there's been any interest in JP, it's been very low key and the Bills are being very tight lipped about the whole deal. I suspect there's ben passing interest and it there is any real interest, something will happen either on draft day, or just after. If not, JP may be in for an awakening about his marketability.

Don't get your hopes up. Rodgers looked at least capable when he filled in for Favre. Would make much sense for any team, including Green Bay, to offer a third or even a fourth for a guy who at best could compete for a starting job, then will be up for a new deal after the season.

If it were the Bills interested, we all know they couldn't sell a move like that to the fans. So why would another team be able to? Losman is better off being a Bill until his contract expires.

Don't get your hopes up. Rodgers looked at least capable when he filled in for Favre. Would make much sense for any team, including Green Bay, to offer a third or even a fourth for a guy who at best could compete for a starting job, then will be up for a new deal after the season.

If it were the Bills interested, we all know they couldn't sell a move like that to the fans. So why would another team be able to? Losman is better off being a Bill until his contract expires.

Exactly, plus I don't think Farve is done yet, hes got one more return in him.

What would they have to sell? Most are already done with him in their minds, and they have already awarded Saint Trent the starting job

What would they have to sell? Most are already done with him in their minds, and they have already awarded Saint Trent the starting job

Oh no, I'm just saying if the roles were reversed and another team had a guy like Losman with one year left on his contract. It just doesn't seem feasible to spend a mid-round pick on the guy. A team would be better served using that pick to select a QB in the draft who will be locked up for at least three years.

I think Losman has some value in this league, it's just the circumstances involved in a trade don't jive right now.

It just doesn't seem feasible to spend a mid-round pick on the guy. A team would be better served using that pick to select a QB in the draft who will be locked up for at least three years.

Veteran QB vs a 3-4 round QB? It would take 3-4 years normally to develop a QB from a round that low.... JP has shown he can be an effective backup coming off the bench..... Now as for the contract... I am sure any team investing a pick in a guy with a year left would want a new contract in place, and I am certain JP would accommodate that team