Rating the 2005 Draft

Rubes

ESPN.com decided to take a look back at the 2005 draft, giving out grades and comparing them to what was originally given at the time.

The Bills were originally given a C+, but downgraded that to a D three years later.

2. Roscoe Parrish

3. Kevin Everett

4. The Duke

5. Eric King

6. Justin Geisinger

7. Lionel Gates

This would be a big fat F if Roscoe still didn't have some potential. If we can't figure out a way to get him more involved, this would definitely be an F.

Linky-poo

Minnesota went from an A in 2005 to an F. Nice!

Tampa Bay got a B+ despite having the most draft picks that year (5) who are no longer in the NFL.

ESPN.com decided to take a look back at the 2005 draft, giving out grades and comparing them to what was originally given at the time.

The Bills were originally given a C+, but downgraded that to a D three years later.

2. Roscoe Parrish

3. Kevin Everett

4. The Duke

5. Eric King

6. Justin Geisinger

7. Lionel Gates

This would be a big fat F if Roscoe still didn't have some potential. If we can't figure out a way to get him more involved, this would definitely be an F.

Linky-poo

Tampa Bay got a B+ despite having the most draft picks that year (5) who are no longer in the NFL.

I believe Everett would have been a good player had he not been injured and Roscoe should be a solid special teamer and spot reciever. I always thought gates had some talent but we realsed him for off the field reasons IIRC. Other than that this draft was an easy F

i will add this though, if you look at the entire 2005 draft, it's very weak.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2005

between the Parrish and the Everett picks, there really arent many other players I wouldve rather had.

maaaybe Jonathan Babineaux? How are Adam Terry and Richie Incognito doing on their teams? maybe one of them?

Don't forget how they paraded out JP Losman at the News Conference when we were supposed to make the pick we traded to Dallas. Why draft Roscoe when we had a slot receiver in Josh Reed? It's hard to completely judge Kevin Everett because he injured himself in MiniCamp but I never saw much from him when he did come back (out in 05 season, nonfactor in 06 season). Overall three years later this was not a good draft.

Don't forget how they paraded out JP Losman at the News Conference when we were supposed to make the pick we traded to Dallas. Why draft Roscoe when we had a slot receiver in Josh Reed? It's hard to completely judge Kevin Everett because he injured himself in MiniCamp but I never saw much from him when he did come back (out in 05 season, nonfactor in 06 season). Overall three years later this was not a good draft.

cause Tom Donahoe never had a plan to build a team. he picked the best/flashiest player available. it was all about marketing, and selling tickets.

The 2000 NFL Draft was by far the worst in recent memory:

Rd. #1 - DE Erik Flowers

Rd. #2 - FS Travares Tillman

Rd. #3 - OLB Corey Moore

Rd. #4 - WR Avion Black

Rd. #5 - RB Sammy Morris

Rd. #6 - DT Leif Larsen

Rd. #7 - WR Drew Haddad

Rd. #7 - OLB Dashon Polk

:D:bag:

The 2000 NFL Draft was by far the worst in recent memory:

Rd. #1 - DE Erik Flowers

Rd. #2 - FS Travares Tillman

Rd. #3 - OLB Corey Moore

Rd. #4 - WR Avion Black

Rd. #5 - RB Sammy Morris

Rd. #6 - DT Leif Larsen

Rd. #7 - WR Drew Haddad

Rd. #7 - OLB Dashon Polk

:D:bag:

John Butler had two feet out the door in the last year of his contract. I'll never forget Travares Tillman in Training Camp discussing how fast WR's were in the NFL. That's not what you want to hear from a second round pick.

Diehard Bills Fans can find an authographed Erik Flowers picture on the Bills Pro Shop website on sale for $1. What a steal!

I believe Everett would have been a good player had he not been injured and Roscoe should be a solid special teamer and spot reciever. I always thought gates had some talent but we realsed him for off the field reasons IIRC. Other than that this draft was an easy F

Everett showed no signs of being a good player either.

He was strictly a special teamer.

This draft was an F minus, and that is being generous.

i will add this though, if you look at the entire 2005 draft, it's very weak.

http://www.nfl.com/draft/history/fulldraft?season=2005

between the Parrish and the Everett picks, there really arent many other players I wouldve rather had.

maaaybe Jonathan Babineaux? How are Adam Terry and Richie Incognito doing on their teams? maybe one of them?

You mention Babineaux, the word out of One Bills Drive at the time, was the choice was down to Parrish or him.

Diehard Bills Fans can find an authographed Erik Flowers picture on the Bills Pro Shop website on sale for $1. What a steal!

Change the first name to Rich, and I'll pay $2.

You mention Babineaux, the word out of One Bills Drive at the time, was the choice was down to Parrish or him.

could we surmise then, that our scouting team DID have it down to the 2 best players on the board, and the egotistical GM went with the flashy player? where as, under the "new" way of thinking, we would make the smart pick and go with the DE?

who knows. just sayin.

2. Roscoe Parrish

3. Kevin Everett

4. The Duke

5. Eric King

6. Justin Geisinger

7. Lionel Gates

Linky-poo

It's kind of funny. There were a lot of people around here think ing Teflon Tom was some kind of genius until the bitter end.

Will be very interesting what grade the 2006 draft gets after three years in.

Uggh, our draft did suck; me and a friend were actually talking about the entire 2005 draft the other day (I couldn't remember who the 1st overall pick was).............it might have been one of the worst NFL drafts in the last 10 years.............check out it out.

2005 NFL Draft Results

It's kind of funny. There were a lot of people around here think ing Teflon Tom was some kind of genius until the bitter end.

Will be very interesting what grade the 2006 draft gets after three years in.

Most of them still think his boy Losman is on his way to the HOF.

Cadillac Williams is still a Buc

The Bucs also drafted Barrett Ruud in the 2nd. The son of former Bill Tom Ruud, Barrett is a VERY GOOD MLB. Alex Smith in the 3rd - the kind of TE the Bills could use. & Dan Buenning a good guard in the 4th. I think Ruud alone makes this draft a B+ for the Bucs.