(OT) Lost....

I think they're moving too slow with the "character developement". The show is getting a little boring. And what's up with the Col? Why didn't the "creature" eat his ass??

70766[/snapback]

yah good call...and they didnt have any really good half-naked shots either...

I think they're moving too slow with the "character developement". The show is getting a little boring. And what's up with the Col? Why didn't the "creature" eat his ass??

70766[/snapback]

i honestly thought the last episode was the best one. So many new questions, like: how did he avoid the creature? Who is the guy in the suit? Is that black woman right - is there any way the other halkf of the plane is alive too? What made the Col be able to walk again, is it the "magic" of the island he keeps talking about? When is HBO gonna pick this show up so i can see both the criminal chick and the asian chick, and hell, the pregnant chick, naked?

First off, I think it is quite possibly in my top 2 or 3 shows.

I think the COL has some alien in him. I like the show, but it reminds me of another ABC show from awhile back (it was cancelled) which was EARTH 2. I loved that show, but it moved to slowly and was cancelled. I'm afraid the same may happen here.

First off, I think it is quite possibly in my top 2 or 3 shows.

I think the COL has some alien in him.  I like the show, but it reminds me of another ABC show from awhile back (it was cancelled) which was EARTH 2.  I loved that show, but it moved to slowly and was cancelled.  I'm afraid the same may happen here.

71099[/snapback]

I really liked that show too...

I like Lost a lot. Why are people so impatient with character development? It's like they all want non-stop action all the time. Sad, that's what kills shows with great writing, such as Lost and Firefly. The general public apparantly doesn't like to think while watching TV (big shock there).

CW

I like Lost a lot.  Why are people so impatient with character development?  It's like they all want non-stop action all the time.  Sad, that's what kills shows with great writing, such as Lost and Firefly.  The general public apparantly doesn't like to think while watching TV (big shock there).

CW

71103[/snapback]

Some others that I liked were SPACE and some show about vampires (can't remember the name). Both were good, but cancelled. I think LOST will catch on though.

...  EARTH 2.  I loved that show, but it moved to slowly and was cancelled.

71099[/snapback]

That was a good show. They still replay it every once in a great while on SCIFI channel. There were also two Earth 2 novels released way back when. They were good, but left you wanting more.

And I agree with Fezmid, Firefly was another good, but unfortunately cancelled show.

I finally got around to watching it last night.

It's great....nothing more to add. The show is about character development and I think that's what makes it great.

It also leaves you wondering about next week...kinda like a soap opera.

Great show...the only show I bother to watch anymore.

I like Lost a lot.  Why are people so impatient with character development?  It's like they all want non-stop action all the time.  Sad, that's what kills shows with great writing, such as Lost and Firefly.  The general public apparantly doesn't like to think while watching TV (big shock there).

CW

71103[/snapback]

Don't get me wrong. I like Lost just as much as anybody but I just think it's moving a little too slow. I am one that would like to see it move a little faster. Not because I don't like to think but because I lose interest quickly. I work from 6 until around 5 every day. Go to school until 10 Monday thru Thursday nights and have a 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son (almost). I live a pretty hectic life so pardon me for wishing a show to move along rather than DRAG like RuPaul and his/her career. :w00t:

Don't get me wrong. I like Lost just as much as anybody but I just think it's moving a little too slow. I am one that would like to see it move a little faster. Not because I don't like to think but because I lose interest quickly. I work from 6 until around 5 every day. Go to school until 10 Monday thru Thursday nights and have a 16 year old daughter and 12 year old son (almost). I live a pretty hectic life so pardon me for wishing a show to move along rather than DRAG like RuPaul and his/her career.  :w00t:

71166[/snapback]

Didn't mean to pick on you, sorry if you took it that way.

I'm just sad at the sorry state of television, and the sad fact that any show that takes time to develop character and setting seems to get ripped off the airwaves in favor of some reality show, formulaic show (read: CSI, L&O), or some mindnumbing show. I fully expect Lost to be gone before the season is over to be honest.

CW

Didn't mean to pick on you, sorry if you took it that way.

I'm just sad at the sorry state of television, and the sad fact that any show that takes time to develop character and setting seems to get ripped off the airwaves in favor of some reality show, formulaic show (read: CSI, L&O), or some mindnumbing show.  I fully expect Lost to be gone before the season is over to be honest.

CW

71176[/snapback]

No worries CW. I think Lost will be around, it's getting good reviews and seems to be pretty popular. I hope you're not busting on CSI. While the knockoffs suck the original is one of my favorite shows. I never could stand David Caruso in NYPD or his version of CSI and haven't really watched the NY one. I love the original CSI Vegas edition though.

No worries CW. I think Lost will be around, it's getting good reviews and seems to be pretty popular. I hope you're not busting on CSI. While the knockoffs suck the original is one of my favorite shows. I never could stand David Caruso in NYPD or his version of CSI and haven't really watched the NY one. I love the original CSI Vegas edition though.

71183[/snapback]

CSI is ok, but they're all getting to be pretty much the same. My biggest complaint about CSI is all the "filler" they do in the lab (the show COULD be 30 minutes long instead... Of course, I fast forward through a lot of that with my TiVo so that helps). Combine that with some of the VERY unrealistic things they do in the lab. Some personal favorites (that REALLY happened on the show)

Looking at a VHS tape from a convenience store, this exchange was made (paraphrasing):

"Ah, see the car in the parking lot facing away from us? Zoom in on the rear-view mirror and let's see what that is."

<click click drag the mouse click click>

"Ah ha, see, the person in the car is Mr. So-and-so!"

And even better:

Looking at a digital picture, they want to see who was next to the photographer.

"You know, if someone is hydrated enough, you can see a reflection through their eyes. Zoom in on her eye and we should be able to see who's taking the picture!"

"Ah ha, see, now we can tell who it is!"

And:

"We grabbed all of the logs from Mapquest so we can find out who did this."

"But what if they used a computer from the library?"

"It doesn't matter. We can track it back to their account, so it doesn't matter where they were when they accessed the page!"

Ummm, yeah... This stuff just ruins the show for me because I know it's 100% crap and can't be done. My wife just laughs everytime they try to talk tech like that because she knows it makes me mad. :w00t:

CW

CSI is ok, but they're all getting to be pretty much the same.  My biggest complaint about CSI is all the "filler" they do in the lab (the show COULD be 30 minutes long instead...  Of course, I fast forward through a lot of that with my TiVo so that helps).  Combine that with some of the VERY unrealistic things they do in the lab.  Some personal favorites (that REALLY happened on the show)

Looking at a VHS tape from a convenience store, this exchange was made (paraphrasing):

"Ah, see the car in the parking lot facing away from us?  Zoom in on the rear-view mirror and let's see what that is."

And even better:

Looking at a digital picture, they want to see who was next to the photographer.

"You know, if someone is hydrated enough, you can see a reflection through their eyes.  Zoom in on her eye and we should be able to see who's taking the picture!"

And:

"It doesn't matter.  We can track it back to their account, so it doesn't matter where they were when they accessed the page!"

Ummm, yeah...  This stuff just ruins the show for me because I know it's 100% crap and can't be done.  My wife just laughs everytime they try to talk tech like that because she knows it makes me mad. :D

CW

71191[/snapback]

:w00t::lol: You're right about that. I took some homicide investigation classes and forensic classes in school and most of that stuff is crap. I guess you just take it for what it is, just entertainment. :P

:w00t:  :lol:  You're right about that. I took some homicide investigation classes and forensic classes in school and most of that stuff is crap. I guess you just take it for what it is, just entertainment.  :D

71250[/snapback]

CSI is one of my favorite shows, but yes, as a science grad student, i see your points...too many things are a bit outlandish, but i watchit for its entertainment value...

btw - i have done plenty of DNA work, and it isnt nearly as interesting as they make it out to seem...in fact it can actually be rather mundane and boring...:P

PIZ, that vampire show you were talking about that got cancelled, I believe that was called "Kindred". I never saw the show, but I heard good things about it.

I am nowhere near bored with Lost. Both this show & Desperate Housewives have been a breath of fresh air for me. Especially since 24 & Alias won't be starting until late this season.

I have finally moved on from Angel being cancelled, it had a good run, but could have gone on one more season. I miss Joss Whedon not being on TV this year. :blink:

I wish someone would resurrect Boomtown, that was a damn good detective/cops/lawyers show. Far better than that Law&Order garbage.

DAMN you NBC!!!! :I starred in Brokeback Mountain:

CSI is ok, but they're all getting to be pretty much the same.  My biggest complaint about CSI is all the "filler" they do in the lab (the show COULD be 30 minutes long instead...  Of course, I fast forward through a lot of that with my TiVo so that helps).  Combine that with some of the VERY unrealistic things they do in the lab.  Some personal favorites (that REALLY happened on the show)

"Ah, see the car in the parking lot facing away from us?  Zoom in on the rear-view mirror and let's see what that is."

And even better:

"You know, if someone is hydrated enough, you can see a reflection through their eyes.  Zoom in on her eye and we should be able to see who's taking the picture!"

And:

"It doesn't matter.  We can track it back to their account, so it doesn't matter where they were when they accessed the page!"

Ummm, yeah...  This stuff just ruins the show for me because I know it's 100% crap and can't be done.  My wife just laughs everytime they try to talk tech like that because she knows it makes me mad. :blink:

CW

71191[/snapback]

Sort of like MaGyver meets Dexter. But you do have to kinda like the blonde who loves guns.

Some others that I liked were SPACE and some show about vampires (can't remember the name).  Both were good, but cancelled.  I think LOST will catch on though.

71109[/snapback]

You're talking about Space: Above and Beyond? The show where Earth is in a war in the future with aliens (very Star Wars-ish)? That show freakin' rocked.

I thought this week's episode of Lost was amazing. That ending came out of nowhere and was incredible. You can really tell the producers think ahead several episodes.