Malcolm Kelly a 2nd rounder now.............

He had horrible 40 times are his workout today. He didnt clock near as well as he should have. Now Chris Brown says he should be there when Buffalo picks at 41 in the 2nd round. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing for Buffalo. I think now if they go WR it will either be Devin Thomas or James Hardy. But with the way Kelly performed today, I think Buffalo goes CB with its first pick.

Today

Posted By: Chris Brown | Time: 1:46 PM ET | Link

KELLY 40 TIMES DISAPPOINTING: Well a lot was riding on Malcolm Kelly's pro day at Oklahoma. Kelly ran twice and clocked in at 4.75 and 4.68 according to NFL.com. Since some of his best times prior were in the mid 4.5s on campus last year, NFL talent evaluators can look at this two ways. One, Kelly must still not be 100 percent healthy or two, he is not first round caliber talent. I thought he had to run at least in the same mid-4.5 range to come off the board in round one. All indications are he performed well in the receiving drills, but those 40 times are going to hurt him. I think he's a second rounder at best, which might not be a bad thing for the Bills if they go corner in round one. There's a good chance now that Kelly is sitting there at 41.

---

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well if he can run a 4.5 when healthy he is definately worth a 2nd round pick but there are many teams at the bottom of round 1 and the top of round 2 that would probably snag him before the Bills pick at #41.

See that has me thinking aswell. Game speed Vs running with noone coming after you might be different. Who knows. Its hard not to see the game film and base his play on that. I mean hes a nice player. If hes there at 41 Buffalo has to take him, thats unless James Hardy is there aswell.......we'll see. That 40 time does scare me some. I mean this was his day to prove people wrong. I think he really hurt himself. being drafted in the first compared to the 2nd hurts him financially aswell.......

With how important this day was to him and how he showed.......a red flag did go up though. So we shall see how the Bills feel about him. I know me personally, stay away go to someone who has run well and performed well when all eyes are on him......

I think he'll drop a good bit further than that. If teams don't think he can run, they won't touch him.

As for the Bills, I think that this just makes drafting a WR at 11 all the more likely. The top tier of WRs is thinning considerably before the draft even starts. Manningham, Bowman, and now Kelly, all originally prospects for the top 2 rounds appear to be dropping fast for various reasons James Hardy may also be off their board. And inevitably, some of the players at the top simply aren't what the Bills are looking for and don't fit their system.

I think that if they have a first round grade on Sweed or Thomas, they're very likely to draft one of them now.

Yeah some OL do run at that speed. Maybe his health is worse then we may have thought..........I do know RED FLAGS have gone up. And I agree there are some teams lower in the first and top in the 2nd that could take him. I mean, could Buffalo make another trade like they did for POZ.....and take Kelly? We will see.

Right now I think there are a couple other better WR's for our team then Kelly....to name a few...Sweed. Thomas, Hardy.......

Side note: Jerry Rice ran a 4'7 as well. Just a thought. Theres strait ahead speed and theres football speed. Two entirely different things.

Jerry Rice's combine time gets slower every year in order to justify a current prospect's poor showing.

I'd say this really sounds like high time to trade down, but increasingly, I don't think it's possible. Who's going to be on the board at #11 that someone is totally desperate for? The QBs aren't there anymore (it's just Ryan at that level, and he'll be long gone), and then it's a longshot.

Jerry Rice's combine time gets slower every year in order to justify a current prospect's poor showing.

Right, they keep lowering it out of pity and excuse. Ok, then Rocket ismail and charles wooson ran in the low 4's. Make the arguement now.

I'd say this really sounds like high time to trade down, but increasingly, I don't think it's possible. Who's going to be on the board at #11 that someone is totally desperate for? The QBs aren't there anymore (it's just Ryan at that level, and he'll be long gone), and then it's a longshot.

Reshard Mendenhall..............keep an eye on this. I think a few teams might get into a bidding war to grab him. Bears you might want to keep an eye on......

Thats about our only hopes of trading down to get more picks.......maybe im wrong, But Mendenhall could be a key player for Buffalo trading down

Reshard Mendenhall..............keep an eye on this. I think a few teams might get into a bidding war to grab him. Bears you might want to keep an eye on......

Thats about our only hopes of trading down to get more picks.......maybe im wrong, But Mendenhall could be a key player for Buffalo trading down

The Bears already got the Niners pick didnt they? I thought they swapt spots.

Right, they keep lowering it out of pity and excuse. Ok, then Rocket ismail and charles wooson ran in the low 4's. Make the arguement now.

I'm not making any argument except that Jerry Rice ran a 4.6 and that trying to use 40 times to compare Kelly to arguably the greatest football player in NFL history is ridiculous.

He had horrible 40 times are his workout today. He didnt clock near as well as he should have. Now Chris Brown says he should be there when Buffalo picks at 41 in the 2nd round. Not sure if thats a good thing or a bad thing for Buffalo. I think now if they go WR it will either be Devin Thomas or James Hardy. But with the way Kelly performed today, I think Buffalo goes CB with its first pick.

See that has me thinking aswell. Game speed Vs running with noone coming after you might be different. Who knows. Its hard not to see the game film and base his play on that. I mean hes a nice player. If hes there at 41 Buffalo has to take him, thats unless James Hardy is there aswell.......we'll see. That 40 time does scare me some. I mean this was his day to prove people wrong. I think he really hurt himself. being drafted in the first compared to the 2nd hurts him financially aswell.......

With how important this day was to him and how he showed.......a red flag did go up though. So we shall see how the Bills feel about him. I know me personally, stay away go to someone who has run well and performed well when all eyes are on him......

I think he'll drop a good bit further than that. If teams don't think he can run, they won't touch him.

As for the Bills, I think that this just makes drafting a WR at 11 all the more likely. The top tier of WRs is thinning considerably before the draft even starts. Manningham, Bowman, and now Kelly, all originally prospects for the top 2 rounds appear to be dropping fast for various reasons James Hardy may also be off their board. And inevitably, some of the players at the top simply aren't what the Bills are looking for and don't fit their system.

I think that if they have a first round grade on Sweed or Thomas, they're very likely to draft one of them now.

Please stop pushing James Hardy for the Bills. As Brandon noted above Hardy is probably off their board, at least I hope he is. I don't want to see him in a Buffalo uniform it would make me gag.

Linkage

Hardy was arrested May 19 after Ft. Wayne police responded to a 911 call at 3509 S. Hanna Street at 5:40 p.m. On the call, dispatchers reportedly could hear profanity and screaming before the caller hung up. When police later arrived at the scene, Hardy’s girlfriend was found sitting across the street from the house crying, and her shirt was reportedly torn and she had marks on the side and back of her neck.

A probable cause affidavit states Hardy struck his girlfriend of seven years and their infant son.

Side note: Jerry Rice ran a 4'7 as well. Just a thought. Theres strait ahead speed and theres football speed. Two entirely different things.

Exactly. I don't know. I'd prefer Limas Sweed but Kelly would be ok if he's ok as far as his injury is not an issue anymore.

Interesting, what was the real time then?

And Larry Fitzgerald ran a 4.63... But man, those 40 times tell everything about a Wide Reciever.

"What's that? He can't run a 4.4? Oh, well then he probably can't catch, jump, break tackles, lose defenders, run routes, go over the middle, or take a hit... I mean his game tape in college was great, but a weak 40? Nah... we'll settle for that guy who had one good year in college and did great at the combine..."

Oh Vernon Davis, we sadly know ye.

Please stop pushing James Hardy for the Bills. As Brandon noted above Hardy is probably off their board, at least I hope he is. I don't want to see him in a Buffalo uniform it would make me gag.

Linkage

Hardy was arrested May 19 after Ft. Wayne police responded to a 911 call at 3509 S. Hanna Street at 5:40 p.m. On the call, dispatchers reportedly could hear profanity and screaming before the caller hung up. When police later arrived at the scene, Hardy’s girlfriend was found sitting across the street from the house crying, and her shirt was reportedly torn and she had marks on the side and back of her neck.

A probable cause affidavit states Hardy struck his girlfriend of seven years and their infant son.

Thank you, I'm sick of hearing his name too