Obama Campaign: We Need More White People

http://www.thetartan.org/2008/4/7/news/obama

While the crowd was indeed diverse, some students at the event questioned the practices of Mrs. Obama’s event coordinators, who handpicked the crowd sitting behind Mrs. Obama. The Tartan’s correspondents observed one event coordinator say to another, “Get me more white people, we need more white people.” To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, “We’re moving you, sorry. It’s going to look so pretty, though.”

While the crowd was indeed diverse, some students at the event questioned the practices of Mrs. Obama’s event coordinators, who handpicked the crowd sitting behind Mrs. Obama. The Tartan’s correspondents observed one event coordinator say to another, “Get me more white people, we need more white people.” To an Asian girl sitting in the back row, one coordinator said, “We’re moving you, sorry. It’s going to look so pretty, though.”

You are taking it out of context!

Anyone see the Daily Show last night? They had a photo of John McCain giving a speech having something to do with Dr. King. It was raining and there was a black dude holding Mr. McCain's umbrella. :thumbsup:

That is how out of it these candidates are.

Btw, who picks the VP first, dems or repubs? I have read that Condy Rice wants to be VP. Any thoughts about how this would effect the election?

That is how out of it these candidates are.

Btw, who picks the VP first, dems or repubs? I have read that Condy Rice wants to be VP. Any thoughts about how this would effect the election?

No way in hell Condi ends up on a Democratic ticket, not when they have so much invested in portraying her as an evil neo-con.

I have a hard time seeing her ending up on the McCain ticket for the same resason: she's perceived as an evil neo-con. Condi Rice is smart as hell and well-qualified for the VP or Presidency, but a severe political liability in any campaign.

Read about the Condi possibility the other day. Maybe in the WSJ? She'd be a great choice from qualifications/brain perspective, but she might be too linked to the Bush juju to be electable.

I say he picks that FL governor whose name is a Google away but I can't place.

Read about the Condi possibility the other day. Maybe in the WSJ? She'd be a great choice from qualifications/brain perspective, but she might be too linked to the Bush juju to be electable.

I say he picks that FL governor whose name is a Google away but I can't place.

Charlie Crist. though I dont think that will happen.

I suspect this is no different than the actions of any event coordinator at any political event...

Anyone see the Daily Show last night? They had a photo of John McCain giving a speech having something to do with Dr. King. It was raining and there was a black dude holding Mr. McCain's umbrella. :D

...except for McCain's, who apparently could have benefited from a "We need more white people" attitude. :thumbsup:

Hillary-Condi '08! Let's alienate everybody!

...except for McCain's, who apparently could have benefited from a "We need more white people" attitude. :thumbsup:

I for one am surprised that he didn't have an illegal alien holding the umbrella.

Btw, Condy is supposedly seeking the repub nomination for VP, not dem.

EDIT: Tom, do you keep your PM basket full to avoid PMs from me? :D

Anyone see the Daily Show last night? They had a photo of John McCain giving a speech having something to do with Dr. King. It was raining and there was a black dude holding Mr. McCain's umbrella. :thumbsup:

Is it weird that I would never notice something like this?

No way in hell Condi ends up on a Democratic ticket, not when they have so much invested in portraying her as an evil neo-con.

I have a hard time seeing her ending up on the McCain ticket for the same resason: she's perceived as an evil neo-con. Condi Rice is smart as hell and well-qualified for the VP or Presidency, but a severe political liability in any campaign.

Qualified?

At what?

Being the National Security Advisor whose advice to Bush helped lead us into one of the biggest blunders in American history?

Secretary of State? What a sham. Sh'e a policy wonk who is out of her league.

One of those most inept members of cabinet in modern history.

Other than that, I like her.

Qualified?

At what?

Being the National Security Advisor whose advice to Bush helped lead us into one of the biggest blunders in American history?

Secretary of State? What a sham. Sh'e a policy wonk who is out of her league.

One of those most inept members of cabinet in modern history.

Other than that, I like her.

Thank you for proving my point. :thumbsup: