James Hardy

I have to take a pass here. he may be an "elite" talent but dont tell me you learned from your mistake, you assaulted a child. Game over in my book. What steps has he taken in "rehabbing" his mental state? I am starting to hate this pre draft trash. Agents are like puppateers with there hands up these guys skirts telling them what to say and how to respond to certain questions.

As for off the field concerns, I can understand a DUI, it happans all too often. But striking a child no matter how minimal it was is inexcusable. Even if he nudged him as he walked out the door after he wacked his old lady its still wrong and not a guy I want associated with this team. Call me over the top but thats just how I feel. I dont care if this a--hole parts lake Erie and finds Hoffa, he can be Raider or a Bengal.

Sorry for the rant.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've heard the same thing... Mainly, my point to the post was the potential he represents. As of right now, every wr entering the draft has some sort of issue. I also like Malcolm Kelly and Limus Sweed. Devin Thomas isn't a natural at catching the ball, at least as far as it appears to me. He doesn't use his fingertips like the other 3. Kelly has thigh issues and is already considered injury prone before ever stepping foot in the NFL. The same thing can be said about sweed, add the trouble beating press coverage. THere is coaching that needs to be done. My thoughts are that Hardy has had not only the least amount of coaching, but more than likely the worst players around him. He almost single handidly carried his team to a bowl game which is a huge accomplishment for IU. I really hope that we get a tall wr in rd 1 simply because of the need at TE in rd 2. In my opinion rd 2 is a very good value for a TE that can step in right away= Fred Davis

I think the Bills will draft Clemson DE Phillp Merling at the #11 spot, and trade back into round one or move up in round 2 to grab Hardy.

Catalana on Hardy

The domestic incident is troubling, particularly for the Bills and their tendency to go for 'high character' guys, but Hardy seems to show more signs of remorse than recidivism, and Jauron's on record as saying he wants a big, tall, physical WR, stating, "We want a big, rugged, tall receiver that’s open when he’s not open. That’s what I’d like to add.”

Link

I can't wait for draft day!

GO BILLSSS!!!!

A few quick things:

1. Hardy isn't on our team already, Roscoe is. Because of that, we have to deal with Roscoe's problem. We don't have to add Hardy's.

2. Astro, #96 cannot be traded. It's a comp pick.

3. Personally, I'd rather have the one-legged WR from Oklahoma or the one-hit wonder from Michigan State or the one-working wrist from Texas than the undisputed champ of one-year old boxing on this team.

Does anyone actually know what happened? During his interview on Sirius I was under the impression he pushed his girlfriend and he has a baby. He was remorseful for that incident and nothing like that has happened since. I didn't take it as he was beating up a baby.

We have all at one point reached the time in an arguement with your sig other when you want to snap. But this guy just seems to not have that voice that says walk away. Instead he chose the route a lot of people do and they will over look it because he is 6'5 and can run and catch.

Thanks for the article thats was good to read. I agree that doesn't sound like he's a good man. I will say that it doesn't convince me he is a baby beater/abuser. I was solely basing my judgement on the film, stats, and two 10 minute interviews I've heard on sirius. He does seem to be a NICE man. At least on the radio:) I'm really not trying to convince you to like him or say that we absolutely need to draft him. I'm just trying to share my lightly educated opinion. I'd be very happy with Kelly, Sweed or Hardy. In my opinion, any of these guys should do. I do believe that Hardy has the most upside. But only if he really is a good or nice man. Actually, I like him even if he is nasty. But, not if he is a baby beater. People lie a lot, I don't see any charges of child abuse.

Thanks for the article.

Doesn't sound like a "nice" guy to me.

Or is he a "nice" guy now that he knows there are millions of dollars on the line?

People can change. But, are you willing to throw a couple million dollars into Hardy's bank account?

Sorry Dan, but regardless of what Hardy is saying on the radio I wouldn't touch him before the 4th round. Someone will and they may be happy with what they get. Or they could get Chris Henry II.

People can change. But, are you willing to throw a couple million dollars into Hardy's bank account?

Sorry Dan, but regardless of what Hardy is saying on the radio I wouldn't touch him before the 4th round. Someone will and they may be happy with what they get. Or they could get Chris Henry II.

I see your point. I would seriously get to know the guy if I was the GM and had interest in him.

The one thing that sticks out to me is that he has had the same Girlfriend for 9 years now. AS a superstar athlete, thats gotta be hard to do. She totally changed her tune when he was gonna get in trouble. As far as I know, they are still together and happy. James talked about how wonderful his child is and being a dad is. Then he touched on how happy and excited his family is right now. I believe he is engaged or married now...

No offense, But I don't think anything I've read, seen, or heard can change your mind. You would have to look at people a little differently first...

Does anyone know if he still together with the girl? I'm curious what has happened since. This could have been a big drunk college argument where things were blown out of proportion. The article doesn't mention anthing wrong with the baby. I find it hard to believe that a 6 foot 7 two sport college star wouldn't leave some kind of mark if he abused the baby in any way. I also find it hard to believe the cops or reporter would fail to put that information into the article. Playing devils advocate.

Sorry - not to be disagreeable, BB, but I just don't see anything in the article that says he 'wasn't contrite or remorseful at the time'.

The crime of which he is accused here is awful, but I wasn't present at the incident or the booking, so I don't know what happened. I'll let the Bills sort this one out, as I don't have any facts at all - the only info I have is what I've read on this board, which may or may not be factual.

What we do know is that James Hardy and Kyra Nolan have been together since the age of 13, there is no prior record of any incidents of violence between them, Hardy entered a pre-trial intervention program, he does seem remorseful, and there have been no signs of recidivism.

If Jauron and Co. are OK with him, I'm inclined to accept that. We'll see on April 26th, I guess.

Sorry - not to be disagreeable, BB, but I just don't see anything in the article that says he 'wasn't contrite or remorseful at the time'.

The crime of which he is accused here is awful, but I wasn't present at the incident or the booking, so I don't know what happened. I'll let the Bills sort this one out, as I don't have any facts at all - the only info I have is what I've read on this board, which may or may not be factual.

What we do know is that James Hardy and Kyra Nolan have been together since the age of 13, there is no prior record of any incidents of violence between them, Hardy entered a pre-trial intervention program, he does seem remorseful, and there have been no signs of recidivism.

If Jauron and Co. are OK with him, I'm inclined to accept that. We'll see on April 26th, I guess.

Also I found out that he was suspended from the team because he and his teamates went across state lines with some kegs, which are illegal in Indiana. He took all the blame and he was suspended for it.

You can try to find the worst article or you can try to find some good articles. I looked and here are some different angles on the situation.

Here is a story about interviews at the combine he had:

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=7913456

I cut this out of IU's newspaper:

Charge against Indiana's Hardy dismissed

Associated Press

February 18, 2007

FORT WAYNE — A domestic battery charge against Indiana University wide receiver James Hardy has been dismissed.

Hardy, 21, was arrested in May in his hometown of Fort Wayne and was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after an alleged attack on his girlfriend and their infant son. He avoided a trial on the criminal charges by agreeing to take part in a pretrial diversion program in August.

Robyn Niedzweicki, spokeswoman for the Allen County prosecutor's office, said the charge was dismissed Wednesday after Hardy completed the six-month program. Hardy received counseling in communication improvement and anger management at his own expense, authorities said.

Hardy's girlfriend, Kyra Nolan, 22, told emergency personnel that Hardy hit her and their infant son, according to a probable-cause affidavit. But during a June 13 hearing she testified that she phoned 911 to "get at" Hardy and said the incident was a "big misunderstanding."

Hardy received an honorable mention on this season's All-Big Ten team.

So can we agree that he was at best untruthful? I've been through a couple 1 year olds, and have never had one break a phone into 4 pieces and pull it from the wall.

If he's together with her today that could speak well for him and I hope that is the case.

If it were my money the answer would be no, if the Bills decide he's worth the risk I will hope that we reap the rewards for years to come.

Also I found out that he was suspended from the team because he and his teamates went across state lines with some kegs, which are illegal in Indiana. He took all the blame and he was suspended for it.

Well that certainly sounds like a stand-up guy!

(I saw that report as well - he was suspended for two weeks for it.)

That incident seems pretty minor - I'll venture it's OK with everyone here - even Beerball - for a college football player to enjoy drinking beer! :thumbsup:

The other stuff, while still disturbing, sounds like it all got worked out OK - it will be very interesting to see where he lands, and in which round.

Thanks for the article.

Doesn't sound like a "nice" guy to me.

Or is he a "nice" guy now that he knows there are millions of dollars on the line?

Who knows what really happened and I am one that absolutely hates all kinds of domestic abuse, but from that article it really didn't seem to be all that bad. To me, the most remarkable thing about the relationship was that he was a 20 year-old football star that has had the same girlfriend for 7 years. That's actually a sign that the guy isn't a bad guy. It also says zero about even touching the baby, so where is the "hitting a baby" stuff? (Maybe that came out later but I doubt it from the report as no one takes too kindly to that and the bond was low and the case dismissed.)

I haven't seen Hardy play so I have no dawg in the hunt as far as if the Bills should draft him.

So can we agree that he was at best untruthful? I've been through a couple 1 year olds, and have never had one break a phone into 4 pieces and pull it from the wall.

If he's together with her today that could speak well for him and I hope that is the case.

If it were my money the answer would be no, if the Bills decide he's worth the risk I will hope that we reap the rewards for years to come.

If thats the case they better test that kid for HGH. Or see if the Bills want him.