James Hardy

Who knows what really happened and I am one that absolutely hates all kinds of domestic abuse, but from that article it really didn't seem to be all that bad. To me, the most remarkable thing about the relationship was that he was a 20 year-old football star that has had the same girlfriend for 7 years. That's actually a sign that the guy isn't a bad guy. It also says zero about even touching the baby, so where is the "hitting a baby" stuff? (Maybe that came out later but I doubt it from the report as no one takes too kindly to that and the bond was low and the case dismissed.)

I haven't seen Hardy play so I have no dawg in the hunt as far as if the Bills should draft him.

That doesnt mean anything, he could be banging god knows what all the time. I have a few friends who have dated and or married there high school sweeties and they cheat left and right. Its got nothing to do with that. he did what he did no he has to live with it. Like someone said 2nd chances are for 2nd rounders.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That doesnt mean anything, he could be banging god knows what all the time. I have a few friends who have dated and or married there high school sweeties and they cheat left and right. Its got nothing to do with that. he did what he did no he has to live with it. Like someone said 2nd chances are for 2nd rounders.

Of course it's not an absolute. But if you had to choose between two 20 year olds, for, say, a job interview, and one of them had a seven year relationship with the same woman, and one of them didn't, I think it says a lot about a young kid. Especially a football star, and they obviously started dating before he became even a high school star. It doesn't prove anything but it's rather remarkable for any 20 year old anywhere to have the same girlfriend for seven years. And it's a good sign not a bad one.

Or he could be a totally monogamous, God-fearing, church-going tea-totaler, and the incident got blown way out of proportion. You have no idea, nor do I, nor does anyone else who's passing judgment here.

Now what exactly did he do and, again, when did you see him do it? :thumbsup:

Of course it's not an absolute. But if you had to choose between two 20 year olds, for, say, a job interview, and one of them had a seven year relationship with the same woman, and one of them didn't, I think it says a lot about a young kid. Especially a football star, and they obviously started dating before he became even a high school star. It doesn't prove anything but it's rather remarkable for any 20 year old anywhere to have the same girlfriend for seven years. And it's a good sign not a bad one.

I hire the more qualified one to park cars or take out the trash. hahaha

Or he could be a totally monogamous, God-fearing, church-going tea-totaler, and the incident got blown way out of proportion.

- you have no idea, nor do I, nor does anyone else who's passing judgment here.

Now what exactly did he do and, again, when did you see him do it? :thumbsup:

I am going to go with the police report and the broken phone, but thats just me I enjoy the facts. the guy alrady apologized for it, to me thats an admission of guilt.

I am going to go with the police report and the broken phone, but thats just me I enjoy the facts. the guy alrady apologized for it, to me thats an admission of guilt.

Pardon me, but what facts? Holy CRAP!!!! He broke a phone??? Hell, I didn't know that!!!! Now I definitely wouldn't pick him! :thumbsup:

Pardon me, but what facts? Holy CRAP!!!! He broke a phone??? Hell, I didn't know that!!!! Now I definitely wouldn't pick him! :thumbsup:

And the fact that she had marks all over her neck and he was recorded yelling at her by the 911 operator. Just facts.

And the fact that she had marks all over her neck and he was recorded yelling at her by the 911 operator. Just facts.

some more facts:

Also I found out that he was suspended from the team because he and his teamates went across state lines with some kegs, which are illegal in Indiana. He took all the blame and he was suspended for it.

You can try to find the worst article or you can try to find some good articles. I looked and here are some different angles on the situation.

Here is a story about interviews at the combine he had:

http://www.wthr.com/global/story.asp?s=7913456

I cut this out of IU's newspaper:

Charge against Indiana's Hardy dismissed

Associated Press

February 18, 2007

FORT WAYNE — A domestic battery charge against Indiana University wide receiver James Hardy has been dismissed.

Hardy, 21, was arrested in May in his hometown of Fort Wayne and was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after an alleged attack on his girlfriend and their infant son. He avoided a trial on the criminal charges by agreeing to take part in a pretrial diversion program in August.

Robyn Niedzweicki, spokeswoman for the Allen County prosecutor's office, said the charge was dismissed Wednesday after Hardy completed the six-month program. Hardy received counseling in communication improvement and anger management at his own expense, authorities said.

Hardy's girlfriend, Kyra Nolan, 22, told emergency personnel that Hardy hit her and their infant son, according to a probable-cause affidavit. But during a June 13 hearing she testified that she phoned 911 to "get at" Hardy and said the incident was a "big misunderstanding."

Hardy received an honorable mention on this season's All-Big Ten team.

some more facts:

Also I found out that he was suspended from the team because he and his teamates went across state lines with some kegs, which are illegal in Indiana. He took all the blame and he was suspended for it.

You gotta give the kid credit for owning up to his mistakes at the very least. There are plenty of guys who wold throw someone under the bus or just flat deny everything.

You gotta give the kid credit for owning up to his mistakes at the very least. There are plenty of guys who wold throw someone under the bus or just flat deny everything.

i have no prob with that, but puttiing your hands on a girl, sorry.

some more facts:

You can try to find the worst article or you can try to find some good articles. I looked and here are some different angles on the situation.

Associated Press

February 18, 2007

FORT WAYNE — A domestic battery charge against Indiana University wide receiver James Hardy has been dismissed.

Hardy, 21, was arrested in May in his hometown of Fort Wayne and was charged with misdemeanor domestic battery after an alleged attack on his girlfriend and their infant son. He avoided a trial on the criminal charges by agreeing to take part in a pretrial diversion program in August.

Robyn Niedzweicki, spokeswoman for the Allen County prosecutor's office, said the charge was dismissed Wednesday after Hardy completed the six-month program. Hardy received counseling in communication improvement and anger management at his own expense, authorities said.

Hardy's girlfriend, Kyra Nolan, 22, told emergency personnel that Hardy hit her and their infant son, according to a probable-cause affidavit. But during a June 13 hearing she testified that she phoned 911 to "get at" Hardy and said the incident was a "big misunderstanding."

How much you want to bet that the only "big misunderstanding" is how small her long-time boyfriend's paychecks were going to be if he wasn't drafted (or drafted way low)?

How much you want to bet that the only "big misunderstanding" is how small her long-time boyfriend's paychecks were going to be if he wasn't drafted (or drafted way low)?

lol, I kinda wonder about that myself... Regardless they are still together going on 10 years

some more facts:

Associated Press

February 18, 2007

As someone who has tried a fair share of criminal cases in Indiana I have just a bit of info that might be interesting to you guys:

Dom. Abuse cases are impossible to pursue if the gf refuses to testify and prosecutors rarely push on because they don't want to lose (ok that's not specific to IN)

Pre-trial diversion is available to anyone upon arrest for their first misdemeanor. They have to pay a fine in the form of "program costs" and perform community service and they receive no criminal penalties. PTD is supposed to be for guilty people, like a "warning." This is so because participation in the program precludes you from entering it again at a latter date. Sometimes however, people just go into it as a way to avoid paying a lawyer and fighting the charges in court. Either way, it warrants notice that he chose NOT to fight the case, but instead, use up his one warning.

i have no prob with that, but puttiing your hands on a girl, sorry.

Did you like James Lofton? You know why Green Bay traded him away? Sexual assault charge

How about Cornelius Bennett? Sexual assault with 35 days in jail

How about Bruce Smith? 2 time DUI + 2 time loser in substance testing

Darryl Talley? Assault and DUI

Thurman Thomas? Marijuana

Damien Covington? Drugs and shot dead

The list continues. let's not kid ourselves here. If in 10 years he had one physical altercation with a woman, admitted guilt, completed his program, showed contrition he's fine by me. The keg thing is stupid college crap and he stood up and took the blame for that too.