How about drafting all weapons with first three picks?

After seeing so much ridiculous drama going on with Kelly's leg, Sweed's wrist, Hardy's domestic issues I am really starting to warm up to Devin Thomas in the first (yes, I was certainly opposed before). Would we be passing on possible all pros in Harvey at DE or Albert at OG? It's possible. But neither is going to help were it is desperately needed the most, getting pressure off of Evans. As someone said here before, DE's are as much of a crap shoot as any other position. If Harvey was a sure thing, then yes you take him. But he's not a sure thing. Albert would hurt, but I think we maybe should just go all out at our most pressing needs early on in this draft.

What if we drafted Devin Thomas (to be our #2 opposite Evans) in the first, followed that up with Jordy Nelson (to be our slot) in the second, then went and drafted John Carlson or Brad Cottam in the third? Boom, boom, boom. Problem solved thank you and good night. Bring on the Pats baby.

In the fourth we could then draft a very talented and versatile offensive lineman like Jeremy Zuttah from Rutgers who's stock has been rising steadily. Then find the best of the leftover defensive players with the remaining picks in the 2008 draft.

There seems to be a few here on board with the idea of drafting 2 recievers early, and I can't understand it. If we just get one reciever in rounds 1 or 2, then we'll have Roscoe and Josh Reed in non-starting roles...thats a pretty deep group of recievers. Really can't see what drafting a new #5 reciever is going to do for this team. Seems like a waste of a draft pick.

Check out the new www.drafttek.com draft.

I think you will all be quite satisfied.

This draft would be quite awesome. I think have a man-crush on one or two of these guys already. Not seriously ... but seriously.

1 DE Derrick Harvey - Fills a need, could also go CB.

2 WR James Hardy - 6-5, 4.5 speed, I'd take the chance.

3 TE Brad Cottam - 6-7, 270. Probably the best run-blocking TE. 4.69 pro-day speed about matches Fred Fred Davis's 4.68.

4 WR Paul Hubbard - 6-2, 4.4 speed. Maybe a WR#2 in 2010 after an Evans' franchise year.

4 FB Owen Schmitt - Fills a need or wait a round for Peyton Hillis.

5 OC Kory Lichtensteiger - I'd rather see OC Doug Legursky here, if he fell.

rounds 6-7-7: shouldn't we pick a QB?

That's a very jerky thing to insinuate pal. Yes, there are differences but you're clearly wrong in saying they're the opposite player of one another. First of all, if Sweed, Kelly, Hardy and Manningham all did not have BIG problems I would have never even suggested drafting Nelson. Secondly, I see a lot of similar attributes of the two players who YES, according to you both happen to be "white"...

Both are slot/possession receivers who aren't good enough for full time #2 starter status.

Both are team first, non-premadonas.

Both run great routes.

Both have great hands.

Both play very hard.

Opposite? Not quite.

Who freaking cares that they're both white anyways, I certainly don't. I was one of the few last year who was demanding the Bills draft the rumored "thug" player Marshawn Lynch when I felt a smear job was being done to him here at TSW and in the media before the draft. I smelled b_ll sh_t, and I was right. You need to relax, get off your politically correct high-horse and grab a <_< buddy.

Um, Jordy Nelson is a big, tall, possession receiver with deep speed. Welker is a small, slot receiver with quickness in small spaces. They are nothing alike, and that's not being politically correct.

Um, Jordy Nelson is a big, tall, possession receiver with deep speed. Welker is a small, slot receiver with quickness in small spaces. They are nothing alike, and that's not being politically correct.

Germans?

Forget it, he's rolling...

I like focusing on the offense in the first three rounds. I also think the Bills will take two receivers in this draft. I just don't think both facts will occur simultaneously. I like the following.

1: Devin Thomas WR

2: Fred Davis TE

3: Mike Pollack C

4: Adrian Arrington WR

4: Owen Schmidt FB

5: DE

6: CB

7: OL/LB

7: DT

7: OL

Rounds Five to Seven are all going to be for depth. I could also see them taking Sedrick Ellis in the first, but after his pro day numbers, there's no way he's there at eleven. That means we either trade back with say Houston or Washington or Dallas and move back, picking up another #2 and still get the player we want. If a trade happens, I believe the team still takes Fred Davis with the first pick, and you could throw in Brandon Flowers CB with the second. Otherwise, I think they follow the pattern above. The first four rounds will be offense heavy, as that is where we NEED help as opposed to WANTING depth.

i think we will/prolly should take the best wr we can at 11, but if we can trade down and pick up mucho picks and still get one, that is clearly the dream. very hard to trade down as many of us know by now.

an extra 2nd and 3rd would make this draft great, and even one more 3rd for jp (i hope) could allow us to just power up our DL/OL, get a CB and back up LB, and still grab 3 playmakers for the O.

i think we will/prolly should take the best wr we can at 11, but if we can trade down and pick up mucho picks and still get one, that is clearly the dream. very hard to trade down as many of us know by now.

an extra 2nd and 3rd would make this draft great, and even one more 3rd for jp (i hope) could allow us to just power up our DL/OL, get a CB and back up LB, and still grab 3 playmakers for the O.

If they want a WR in R1, I don't think they'll trade down. Everyone would know what they were doing and it would give the WR-needy teams below them a really good opportunity to jump ahead of them in the order and potentially pick the guy the Bills are targeting.

Why the heck would we need to draft 2 wide receivers? We have a good #1, a good slot receiver, a so-so "other guy" and you can just throw in ST scrubs to fill out the rest. We need to address the WR position early, not often. And I still don't see why everyone on these boards thinks that we are going to grab a tight end in the first 3 rounds. We signed 3 tight ends this offseason (Anderson, Johnson, Massaquoi(re-signed)) not to mention the fact that we still have Robert Royal and Derek Schouman on the roster. We need a wideout, a corner, a pass-rushing defensive end, fullback, and depth on the OL before we need a tight end.

Round 1 - DE/CB

Round 2 - WR

Round 3 - DE/CB (whichever wasn't addressed in Rd 1)

Why the heck would we need to draft 2 wide receivers? We have a good #1, a good slot receiver, a so-so "other guy" and you can just throw in ST scrubs to fill out the rest. We need to address the WR position early, not often. And I still don't see why everyone on these boards thinks that we are going to grab a tight end in the first 3 rounds. We signed 3 tight ends this offseason (Anderson, Johnson, Massaquoi(re-signed)) not to mention the fact that we still have Robert Royal and Derek Schouman on the roster. We need a wideout, a corner, a pass-rushing defensive end, fullback, and depth on the OL before we need a tight end.

Round 1 - DE/CB

Round 2 - WR

Round 3 - DE/CB (whichever wasn't addressed in Rd 1)

Massaquoi the Heisman winner. Glad that sh-- is fixed. <_<

After seeing so much ridiculous drama going on with Kelly's leg, Sweed's wrist, Hardy's domestic issues I am really starting to warm up to Devin Thomas in the first (yes, I was certainly opposed before). Would we be passing on possible all pros in Harvey at DE or Albert at OG? It's possible. But neither is going to help were it is desperately needed the most, getting pressure off of Evans. As someone said here before, DE's are as much of a crap shoot as any other position. If Harvey was a sure thing, then yes you take him. But he's not a sure thing. Albert would hurt, but I think we maybe should just go all out at our most pressing needs early on in this draft.

What if we drafted Devin Thomas (to be our #2 opposite Evans) in the first, followed that up with Jordy Nelson (to be our slot) in the second, then went and drafted John Carlson or Brad Cottam in the third? Boom, boom, boom. Problem solved thank you and good night. Bring on the Pats baby.

In the fourth we could then draft a very talented and versatile offensive lineman like Jeremy Zuttah from Rutgers who's stock has been rising steadily. Then find the best of the leftover defensive players with the remaining picks in the 2008 draft.

If the Bills had a head coach and a QB both with a mindset to throw to WR's more than a few yards down the field, these players might help. DJ is all about defense, even when his offense is on the field.