How about drafting all weapons with first three picks?

After seeing so much ridiculous drama going on with Kelly's leg, Sweed's wrist, Hardy's domestic issues I am really starting to warm up to Devin Thomas in the first (yes, I was certainly opposed before). Would we be passing on possible all pros in Harvey at DE or Albert at OG? It's possible. But neither is going to help were it is desperately needed the most, getting pressure off of Evans. As someone said here before, DE's are as much of a crap shoot as any other position. If Harvey was a sure thing, then yes you take him. But he's not a sure thing. Albert would hurt, but I think we maybe should just go all out at our most pressing needs early on in this draft.

What if we drafted Devin Thomas (to be our #2 opposite Evans) in the first, followed that up with Jordy Nelson (to be our slot) in the second, then went and drafted John Carlson or Brad Cottam in the third? Boom, boom, boom. Problem solved thank you and good night. Bring on the Pats baby.

In the fourth we could then draft a very talented and versatile offensive lineman like Jeremy Zuttah from Rutgers who's stock has been rising steadily. Then find the best of the leftover defensive players with the remaining picks in the 2008 draft.

I think Nelson is going in the second round. It's be nice to get him in the third but I don't see it happening.

Same here. Simpson is a more likely pick in that spot. I just think the Bills need one of the more athletic TE's to stretch the field than they do an all-around TE like Carlson. Royal is still and excellent blocking TE.

Jordy Nelson in the 2nd round?

I know it sounds surprising but I think he's going higher than expected. I think teams are tired of these "problem child" receivers and when you get a chance at a guy like Nelson who actually has the skills and then see what the Pats did with Wes Welker, it's easy to see why he'd go in the second round. Why don't the Bills think about taking him, I say. I see no way he lasts till the third with all that's wrong with the top WRs in this draft.

I'm not sure I like this 2 WR's in the first 3 rounds idea. Reed and Parrish are both very solid and versatile, maybe not for the #2 and #3 spots, but they both can be very effective in the slot. I'm more than satisfied with:

Evans

Kelly/Sweed/Thomas/Hardy

Reed

Parrish

WE NEED TO GET PARRISH THE BALL MORE!

i agree with the offensive tuneup totally ,,so many new faces on defense they ll need to put tape on the helmets ...

but i think the wrist injury for sweed is history,,,id go 1st sweed ,,,2nd bennett..3rd nelson,..

keller seems more h -back to me carlson ,davis, are smaller than recent additions at te ,if that trend means anything,,

I know it sounds surprising but I think he's going higher than expected. I think teams are tired of these "problem child" receivers and when you get a chance at a guy like Nelson who actually has the skills and then see what the Pats did with Wes Welker, it's easy to see why he'd go in the second round. Why don't the Bills think about taking him, I say. I see no way he lasts till the third with all that's wrong with the top WRs in this draft.

How the hell does Wes Welker have anything to do with Jordy Nelson? I hope you're not just comparing them because they are white. They are the complete OPPOSITE player of one another. Nevermind, you wouldn't be stupid enough to make that analogy.

It is nice to agree with you for a change. ;)<_<

How the hell does Wes Welker have anything to do with Jordy Nelson? I hope you're not just comparing them because they are white. They are the complete OPPOSITE player of one another. Nevermind, you wouldn't be stupid enough to make that analogy.

That's a very jerky thing to insinuate pal. Yes, there are differences but you're clearly wrong in saying they're the opposite player of one another. First of all, if Sweed, Kelly, Hardy and Manningham all did not have BIG problems I would have never even suggested drafting Nelson. Secondly, I see a lot of similar attributes of the two players who YES, according to you both happen to be "white"...

Both are slot/possession receivers who aren't good enough for full time #2 starter status.

Both are team first, non-premadonas.

Both run great routes.

Both have great hands.

Both play very hard.

Opposite? Not quite.

Who freaking cares that they're both white anyways, I certainly don't. I was one of the few last year who was demanding the Bills draft the rumored "thug" player Marshawn Lynch when I felt a smear job was being done to him here at TSW and in the media before the draft. I smelled b_ll sh_t, and I was right. You need to relax, get off your politically correct high-horse and grab a <_< buddy.

If the Bills can trade down, I wouldn't mind a WR in the 1st, @ 11 I hope they go defense. This draft is supposed to be deep in WR talent, but no WR is supposed to be spectacular. A D-line or CB @ 11 makes much more sense. The draft is supposed to have many QUALITY CB's so I wouldn't be surprised to see the Bills pick one @ 11. They could get a WR in the 2nd (Maybe even Kelly) with as much talent as one they would have got @ 11.

i would really like the first three picks to be 1.Devin Thomas WR Michigan State 2.Brandon Flowers CB Virginia Tech 3.Jerome Simpson WR Coastal Carolina

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Stroud for Pro Bowl 2008

How about 1) Flowers 2) Thomas 3) Owen Schmidtt

After seeing so much ridiculous drama going on with Kelly's leg, Sweed's wrist, Hardy's domestic issues I am really starting to warm up to Devin Thomas in the first (yes, I was certainly opposed before). Would we be passing on possible all pros in Harvey at DE or Albert at OG? It's possible. But neither is going to help were it is desperately needed the most, getting pressure off of Evans. As someone said here before, DE's are as much of a crap shoot as any other position. If Harvey was a sure thing, then yes you take him. But he's not a sure thing. Albert would hurt, but I think we maybe should just go all out at our most pressing needs early on in this draft.

What if we drafted Devin Thomas (to be our #2 opposite Evans) in the first, followed that up with Jordy Nelson (to be our slot) in the second, then went and drafted John Carlson or Brad Cottam in the third? Boom, boom, boom. Problem solved thank you and good night. Bring on the Pats baby.

In the fourth we could then draft a very talented and versatile offensive lineman like Jeremy Zuttah from Rutgers who's stock has been rising steadily. Then find the best of the leftover defensive players with the remaining picks in the 2008 draft.

I like your thought process.... but I think we are so undertalented at DE that we cant do it.

And we would still have no pass rush and we would get outscored most games and not make the playoffs. sigh