Talk show host suspended (fired?) by Air America radio

Yeah like "Bring 'em on", or ""we've seen the last throes of the insurgency" "Or I'm not gay, I never have been gay", or....

Here's a good one: Cheney response when interviewed by ABC News about a vast majority of Americans opposing this idiotic conflict.

"So?".

Excuse me now I have to get back to watching that toolbox Betrayus being "grilled" by a decidedly passive Senate.

Yes! All federal policy should be dictated and directed on the basis of CNN popularity polls. Free cheese and missile launchers for everyone!!!

I can't believe that the left is making an issue out of this. Like you really expected him to say, "Well, golly . . . we should leave them all alone then."

What a sad and simplistic view of the world and the place that the USA has in it . . .

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok. First off, if you are staying in Center City, the best way to get to the game is the Broad Street line(subway) = $2.50 each way and you are there in 20 minutes at the most. Broad Street and Market Street form a + that divides Center city(essentially a box). Broad goes N/S. Market, E/W. Depending on where you are staying, you may want to catch the Market Line to City Hall(the intersection of the +), and then get on Broad street train to Pattison = the end of the line. When you emerge from the escalator, you won't be able to miss the field, because it will be right in front of you. The train stops running around midnight(might be later). It is plenty safe. There is a decent bar at the field, and it's not too expensive = $4 bottles(IIRC).

Back in Center City. There are a ton of great bars, dive and otherwise. I would suggest the following based on price and good places to hang out in general:

In the middle of the city, i.e. city hall, dive or at least hard drinking bars:

1. A little expensive but the best beer selection in the country = Monks @ 16th and Spruce. (On the way back on the train, get off @ the Walnut or the Lombard stop, in each case you have to walk 2 blocks south, or north respectively, and 2 blocks west)

2. Real dive bar and full of Dbag liberals like yourself :thumbsup: you should get along fine, cheap Guiness = Fergie's @ 12th and Sansom (On the way back on the train, get off @ the Walnut stop, one block north and almost 3 blocks east)

3. If you are looking for more of a sports bar = Fox and Hound @ 15th and Spruce (same as Monks just walk 1 block west instead of 2)

4. Another cool place kinda sports bar but a little classier(lots of women) and hands down the best bar service I have ever seen = Irish Pub @ 20th and Walnut (get off @ Walnut an walk 5 blocks west)

5. If you want to add some historical significance to getting wasted, as in the oldest continually operating bar in Philly(since 1860. Prohibition? what's that?) and a real dive = McGillans @ 13th and Sansom-->just a little north of Sansom, actually on an alley called Drury or Downey or something like that, begins with a D.

(same as Fergie's excpet 2 blocks east and a little north and back down the alley west a bit)

Every one of those have some kind of food as well.

If you are staying more towards Old City(2nd-5th street) then I suggest you go to 2nd and South or 2nd and Market. There are too many good places to name, Plough and Stars at 2nd and Market and Kildare's or Artful Dodger at 2nd and South are just a few. This is a good one: There is a Johnny Cash bar = real dive = that primarily serves cans of beer. You can get yourself a fine Genny Cream ale there as well as the Beast, PBR and everything else you drank in college/high school. It's easy to miss as it's a walk-down bar. It's on 3rd South of Market, in the middle of the block on the left hand side from Market. I always forget the name, but it's something to do with Johnny Cash or one of his songs.

Of course, from 9th to 2nd on South Street is what it is :worthy: = when people say partying on South Street, that's what they mean. There are all kinds of bars and taverns from nice to utter sh!tholes. If you don't like a place, just walk out and head 20 feet down the road to the next one. No place there is worth paying a cover charge.

Finally, if you want to see where the Founding Fathers supposedly went after they signed the Declaration of Independence and proceeded to get hammered, I think they still have the bar bill = The City Tavern @ 2nd and Walnut. It's not much of a bar and is quite nice, but it's kinda cool to hang out where the country was basically founded, in a bar of all places :worthy:. From what I understand, they spent a lot of time there. The other place to go like that is the Dark Horse on 2nd just up from South, it's supposedly where Ben Franklin used to hang out a lot.

Awesome OC! Thank you very much for the info. It is greatly appreciated.

I was deciding whether to check out the above sights you mention (and I have before but it has been over a decade), or take an hour roadtrip to Jackson NJ and Six Flags to taste some of the best coasters on the planet.

I'm still debating. Maybe it depends on how I feel after checking some of the spots you mentioned on my night excursion. I went to South street with my sis after the Bills Eagles game and we could barely make it back to our hotel in Camden on a Path train.

Once again thank you.

Yes! All federal policy should be dictated and directed on the basis of CNN popularity polls. Free cheese and missile launchers for everyone!!!

I can't believe that the left is making an issue out of this. Like you really expected him to say, "Well, golly . . . we should leave them all alone then."

What a sad and simplistic view of the world and the place that the USA has in it . . .

In the context of a war that has cost thousands of lives I find VP Cheney's curt and frank response somehow insensitive.

I mean wasn't he democratically elected........oops! :thumbsup:

From the link you provided:

Explaining the "closeted Klan court" should be fun.

(Good luck with this one. It's my absolute favorite.)

Another gem.

What are Cablanasian hips? How is "Condi-Skeezer" appropriate for church? What do any of these people have to do with the "10 million blacks who cannot read"? Why is Rev. Wright using successful black people as proof that the U.S. government has failed black America?

You could also explain how promoting the idea that the U.S. government is holding black people down is healthy or productive in any way.

This is all from one sermon (which you linked, apparently in "full context"), but it should keep you busy for a while.

Well I'm glad you picked just one...and not this one:

“And the United States of America government, when it came to treating her citizens of Indian descent, she failed. She put them on reservations.”

“When it came to putting her citizens of Japanese descent fairly, she failed. She put them in interment prison camps.”

Because you know I'd kick your ass up and down the court on that one and have my friend VA from Angola back me up.

So we'll start with this one

I don't know if you were politically attuned back in the day but the nomination of Clarence "Frogman" Thomas was an insult to many of us who recall Thurgood Marshall, the man who Thomas replaced on the high court. Say what you will about Bush The First's decision to nominate the bitter Thomas, Anita Hill and the Brock smear campaign but many blacks, not to mention whites, indigenous folk, felt uncomfortable with that choice. For White to put it into a sermon wouldn't be surprising.

“And the United States of America government, when it came to treating her citizens of Indian descent, she failed. She put them on reservations.”

“When it came to putting her citizens of Japanese descent fairly, she failed. She put them in interment prison camps.”

Because you know I'd kick your ass up and down the court on that one and have my friend VA from Angola back me up.

I don't know if you were politically attuned back in the day but the nomination of Clarence "Frogman" Thomas was an insult to many of us who recall Thurgood Marshall, the man who Thomas replaced on the high court. Say what you will about Bush The First's decision to nominate the bitter Thomas, Anita Hill and the Brock smear campaign but many blacks, not to mention whites, indigenous folk, felt uncomfortable with that choice. For White to put it into a sermon wouldn't be surprising.

How about answering the question?

But you're taking his statements about Clarence Thomas out of context... <_<

Well, I didn't pick "just one", I picked a few offensive parts of one sermon. And you still haven't addressed any of them. <_<

But thanks for bringing up the parts of the sermon that I didn't cite as offensive. :unsure:

Well, I didn't pick "just one", I picked a few offensive parts of one sermon. And you still haven't addressed any of them. <_<

But thanks for bringing up the parts of the sermon that I didn't cite as offensive. :unsure:

From an African American/minority perspective and experience the Rehnquist/Roberts supreme court is seen as rolling back many of the gains made in the sixties and seventies. For Wright to protest the court in a sermon might be seen as offensive to you or say DC Tom or Fox News viewers but it is hardly a stretch when taken in context for the people that Wright was preaching to.

Now what didn't I answer on your first point?

According to John Scott, PD of Clear Channel talk KKGN/San Francisco, suspended talker Randi Rhodes (pictured) and Air America network have parted company as of Wednesday (April 9). In a posting on the station Web site Scott says that on Monday (April 14), "it will be our pleasure to announce the return of Randi Rhodes to the Green 960 family."

Rhodes was suspended indefinitely last week by Air America following remarks she made at an appearance for KKGN where she called both Hillary Clinton and Geraldine Ferraro "f---cking bitches."

An official announcement is expected from Air America about Rhodes' departure on Thursday (April 10).

http://www.radioandrecords.com/RRWebSite/N...d&Version=0

The "glad you picked just one" comment by me was meant in jest.

Do I have to explain to you or GG or DC Tom the inherent distrust blacks have for the judicial system in this country? Christ I hope not just because you guys weren't paying attention in middle school history class.

I pretty much figured Green, a Hillary supporter, would fire Rhodes eventually, hence the "(fired?)" in the title of the thread.

However I never figured you to put the thread back on the Rhodes issue Plissken.

With all the grief Clear Channel gets, I just thought it ironic.

The "glad you picked just one" comment by me was meant in jest.

Do I have to explain to you or GG or DC Tom the inherent distrust blacks have for the judicial system in this country? Christ I hope not just because you guys weren't paying attention in middle school history class.

I'm sorry, but my middle school history books were written by pasty white dudes, so obviously my history of America would differ from yours.

No shitt, Sherlock.

So what's your point? "Irony"? Much of the protestations from some media critics in regard to CC has more to do with homoganization of the airwaves and the music industry than any political influence they may yield.

Though that's troublesome too.

So what's your point? "Irony"? Much of the protestations from some media critics in regard to CC has more to do with homoganization of the airwaves and the music industry than any political influence they may yield.

Though that's troublesome too.

"it will be our pleasure to announce the return of Randi Rhodes to the Green 960 family."