Matt Leinart - My new favorite player

JoeF

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with the coach. You are the face-of-the-franchise, young quarterback. We know you want to have fun and party, but show some respect for your boss(es.) This team invested a boatload of cash on you and we expect you not to make us look bad. Whisenhunt probably doesn't care but has to say something so that the powers that be don't think he is ignoring Leinart's behavior.

Stuff like this is ok for us "regular" people, but millionaire quarterbacks are expected to be angels when it comes to any involvement with the media. There's a reason you don't see Brett Favre, Tom Brady, the Manning boys, etc... doing beer-funnels and hanging with random chicks. They know better. I understand that no one got shot and that nobody got arrested, but he should/does know better. It sucks for him, but that's part of being a millionaire football player.

I agree with the coach. You are the face-of-the-franchise, young quarterback. We know you want to have fun and party, but show some respect for your boss(es.) This team invested a boatload of cash on you and we expect you not to make us look bad. Whisenhunt probably doesn't care but has to say something so that the powers that be don't think he is ignoring Leinart's behavior.

Stuff like this is ok for us "regular" people, but millionaire quarterbacks are expected to be angels when it comes to any involvement with the media. There's a reason you don't see Brett Favre, Tom Brady, the Manning boys, etc... doing beer-funnels and hanging with random chicks. They know better. I understand that no one got shot and that nobody got arrested, but he should/does know better. It sucks for him, but that's part of being a millionaire football player.

So, why is doing a beer bong at your home a problem?

So, why is doing a beer bong at your home a problem?

I didn't say it was. If you read what I posted I said that Whisenhunt probably doesn't care either. He's just saying the right thing for the team. It's really not a big deal. Next time he just needs to be more careful when it comes to having pictures of what he does at home plastered all over the internet and TV. The NFL is all about image. Theirs is looking worse than the NBA's lately.

That's the weirdest looking "beer bong" I've ever seen :devil:

Why? It seems about par for the course. The comment about proving it was beer is correct as well. Prosecuting him for corruption of a minor would be a waste of taxpayer dollars. He cannot and will not get in trouble. Coach is cowtowing to public backlash. AZ fans are still salty with Matt for getting his ex (who plays bball for USC) pregnant and then proceeding to never see her or the kid

they probably can't, thats why they haven't pressed any charges, but do you think its likely that the underage attendees at the party were doing Apple juice/Ginger Ale Funnels

apu...remember what it says in the bible..."let he who hasn't dreamt of partying in a hot tub with (at least) four 20 year old cuties cast the first stone."

I didn't say it was. If you read what I posted I said that Whisenhunt probably doesn't care either. He's just saying the right thing for the team. It's really not a big deal. Next time he just needs to be more careful when it comes to having pictures of what he does at home plastered all over the internet and TV. The NFL is all about image. Theirs is looking worse than the NBA's lately.

So, if it is not a problem, then why does it hurt his image?

Mind your biz coach.

Matt is not married

Not holding a gun

Not in jail

Not doing drugs

Not in season- I know Football is year round...

You imagine Jim Kelly had he played in the Internet age..... God Lord...

Coach should quit the Cards and start coaching the Arizona Chess team....

Exactly, when Whisenhunt was asked about it what do you think he should have said? Boys will be boys? It looks like underage girls are drinking there and had he said that he could be opening a can of worms. I think he said the lightest thing he could say. I really don't think he cares. He was just saying what he had to from a PR point of view.

He'd probably invite Suzy Kolber to the party...

What's more of an indication he's drunk? Asking Suzy to kiss him or lauding Chad Pennington?

I don't think that the problem here is the partying. The concern is that at least one, but possibly all of the girls are underage. (the chick who put these pics on her myspace page is 20).

That's the only thing the Cardinals are trying to distance themselves from IMO.

what straight single male would not want to be in a hot tub with 4 beautiful 20 year old girls?

:lol::devil::lol:

how can they prove that is beer in the funnel?

Coulda been Root Beer!

Why? It seems about par for the course. The comment about proving it was beer is correct as well. Prosecuting him for corruption of a minor would be a waste of taxpayer dollars. He cannot and will not get in trouble. Coach is cowtowing to public backlash. AZ fans are still salty with Matt for getting his ex (who plays bball for USC) pregnant and then proceeding to never see her or the kid

Link?