AFC East News

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/PremiumBlitz/draftbuzz.htm

Buffalo Bills

· Met w/ Wheaton College LB Andy Studebaker

· Showing interest in McNeese State DE Bryan Smith

· Scouts were in attendance at the South Carolina Pro Day

· Iowa CB Charles Godfrey will visit or has already visited

· Missouri Darnell Terrell will visit or already visited

· Expected to attend New Mexico State OL Mike Martinez’s private workout in April

· Scouts were in attendance at the Boston College Pro Day

· Michigan State WR Devin Thomas will visit or has already visited

· Leodis McKelvin visited the team Thursday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Studebaker is a DE/LB was hurt this year I think has the most sacks ever at Wheaton

Connecticut CB Tyvon Branch had private workouts with the Cincinnati Bengals and New York Jets and visited with the Cleveland Browns, Miami Dolphins, San Diego Chargers, and Buffalo Bills

New York Jets are showing interest in Delaware QB Joe Flacco

New England Patriots are scheduled to meet with Arkansas RB Darren McFadden April 10-11

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/PremiumBlitz/draftbuzz.htm

Buffalo Bills

· Met w/ Wheaton College LB Andy Studebaker

· Showing interest in McNeese State DE Bryan Smith

· Scouts were in attendance at the South Carolina Pro Day

· Iowa CB Charles Godfrey will visit or has already visited

· Missouri Darnell Terrell will visit or already visited

· Expected to attend New Mexico State OL Mike Martinez’s private workout in April

· Scouts were in attendance at the Boston College Pro Day

· Michigan State WR Devin Thomas will visit or has already visited

· Leodis McKelvin visited the team Thursday

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Andy Studebaker is a DE/LB was hurt this year I think has the most sacks ever at Wheaton

I hope I'm wrong but if the past is any guide none of those guys will be drafted. I really like Thomas and Godfrey. :thumbsup:

Found some stuff on these guys

TOP 3 SMALL SCHOOL OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS

1. Bryan Smith, McNeese State, 6023, 231lbs, 4.57 40

Smith finished his career as a two-time 1st team All-American and two-time Buck Buchanan Award Finalist. He was a sack master at McNeese State as he put up 24 sacks in his last two years. He earned consensus All-America honors in 2007 with 22.5 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks. Outside linebacker is where most scouts project him due to his lack of height and bulk for defensive end in the NFL. Smith is very athletic and displays good explosiveness off the snap but lacks the strength to hold the line at the next level and has no experience at the linebacker position. He played in the 2008 Hula Bowl and did very well. His NFL grade is tough to gauge as people have him rated anywhere from the 4th to 7th round. He should come off the board sometime in the 5th-6th round range.

------------------------------------------

Andy Studebaker (6-4 255), Wheaton College (Division III)

One of the few Division III prospects our watch list, Studebaker has seen his stock fall this season due to injury. Entering 2007, however, Studebaker’s prowess was well-known, as he was viewed as a legitimate mid-round draft choice before an injury-plagued senior season in which he appeared in just five games. Studebaker, described a ‘freak’ by his coaches, landed in Wheaton after failing to draw Division I/I-AA interest as a 205-pound high school senior from a small, downstate school in Illinois. The all-state high jumper became a recruiting coup for Wheaton, emerging as the best pass rusher in Division III and a team captain. In 2005, Studebaker made 55 tackles (19.5 for loss) with 7.5 sacks before taking off in 2006, a season in which he amassed 17.5 sacks and 24.5 tackles for loss en route to All-American recognition and NFL prospect status. Agents and scouts from every NFL team flocked, but two injuries and a sickness limited Studebaker to five games (he recorded five sacks). He was operated on in November to repair a partially-torn foot ligament, and recovery is expected to take five months, meaning he’ll miss all-star games and the Combine. Studebaker is described by coaches as a high character kid. After going down, he was disappointed, but didn’t abandon his leadership responsibilities, taking to a role as a quasi-cheerleader/coach. A petition for a medical redshirt was recently denied, so Studebaker’s collegiate career is over, but he’s expected to make a full recovery. Studebaker dominated inferior opponents with quickness, speed, and strength. In the spring, he was timed in the low 4.5s. If he can regain the speed and athleticism that made him one of the elite small-school prospects entering the season, he could be a steal in the later rounds as a potential stand-up linebacker.

Found some stuff on these guys

TOP 3 SMALL SCHOOL OUTSIDE LINEBACKERS

1. Bryan Smith, McNeese State, 6023, 231lbs, 4.57 40

Smith finished his career as a two-time 1st team All-American and two-time Buck Buchanan Award Finalist. He was a sack master at McNeese State as he put up 24 sacks in his last two years. He earned consensus All-America honors in 2007 with 22.5 tackles for loss and 10.5 sacks. Outside linebacker is where most scouts project him due to his lack of height and bulk for defensive end in the NFL. Smith is very athletic and displays good explosiveness off the snap but lacks the strength to hold the line at the next level and has no experience at the linebacker position. He played in the 2008 Hula Bowl and did very well. His NFL grade is tough to gauge as people have him rated anywhere from the 4th to 7th round. He should come off the board sometime in the 5th-6th round range.

------------------------------------------

Andy Studebaker (6-4 255), Wheaton College (Division III)

One of the few Division III prospects our watch list, Studebaker has seen his stock fall this season due to injury. Entering 2007, however, Studebaker’s prowess was well-known, as he was viewed as a legitimate mid-round draft choice before an injury-plagued senior season in which he appeared in just five games. Studebaker, described a ‘freak’ by his coaches, landed in Wheaton after failing to draw Division I/I-AA interest as a 205-pound high school senior from a small, downstate school in Illinois. The all-state high jumper became a recruiting coup for Wheaton, emerging as the best pass rusher in Division III and a team captain. In 2005, Studebaker made 55 tackles (19.5 for loss) with 7.5 sacks before taking off in 2006, a season in which he amassed 17.5 sacks and 24.5 tackles for loss en route to All-American recognition and NFL prospect status. Agents and scouts from every NFL team flocked, but two injuries and a sickness limited Studebaker to five games (he recorded five sacks). He was operated on in November to repair a partially-torn foot ligament, and recovery is expected to take five months, meaning he’ll miss all-star games and the Combine. Studebaker is described by coaches as a high character kid. After going down, he was disappointed, but didn’t abandon his leadership responsibilities, taking to a role as a quasi-cheerleader/coach. A petition for a medical redshirt was recently denied, so Studebaker’s collegiate career is over, but he’s expected to make a full recovery. Studebaker dominated inferior opponents with quickness, speed, and strength. In the spring, he was timed in the low 4.5s. If he can regain the speed and athleticism that made him one of the elite small-school prospects entering the season, he could be a steal in the later rounds as a potential stand-up linebacker.

:thumbsup: I like them both!

I prefer the '56. Seems that everyone went to the 'Batfins' in '57..

also love the Avani! :devil:

Ah, ther old "Avanti"....I recall as a very young lad heading up to Delaware Ave in Kenmore and getting the brochures from

the Studebaker dealer for the Avanti. They closed the dealership sometime in the early 60's. We also went up the street to hit

the Chevy dealer (Lou Awald) and then the Ford dealership. Good times.....loved when the new cars came out and we went to

see them.

Ah, ther old "Avanti"....I recall as a very young lad heading up to Delaware Ave in Kenmore and getting the brochures from

the Studebaker dealer for the Avanti. They closed the dealership sometime in the early 60's. We also went up the street to hit

the Chevy dealer (Lou Awald) and then the Ford dealership. Good times.....loved when the new cars came out and we went to

see them.

Remember when we went down to "Lou Awald's" to check out the 'Vette after it hadn't been made for a few years? They even offered to let us take it for a test drive. Scary!!!