Players on the Hot Seat

Quarterbacks are known for having make or break years, but who else on the team really needs to step-up this year to prove they are worth being here/starting? I'll make a few suggestions:

Lee Evans, is he worth keeping as our #1 receiver?

I think Robert Royal is going to have to prove this year that he is worth keeping around. At least 32+ receptions.

I also think that Chris Kelsay needs to prove he's worth starting. in 2006 he only got 5.5 sacks, but he also was good against the run, I think Chris Brown said that 17% of his tackles were behind the line.

Ko Simpson, is he the real deal? I remember the INT he got against Green Bay in 2006, but if you watch that play, Nate Clements basically hit the ball right to him.

Lee is a given #1, Robert Royal is a blocking TE with decent hands, Chris Kelsay had a bad year, and Ko Simpson was injured.

If anyone needs to step up, it's Keith Ellison, Jim Leonhard, Josh Reed, Duke Preston, and Ashton Youboty.

Might be wrong but i dont think hes a Bill anymore. I dont think he was tendered an offer

Reed played well last year and is not on hot seed other than trying to stay on roster if Bills draft another WR and he is getting squeezed because front office thinks they are spending too much on WRs.

Agreed. My best advice to the Bills Brass? Don't "over-draft" at WR.

Might be wrong but i dont think hes a Bill anymore. I dont think he was tendered an offer

Leonard under went hip surgery and that may have been why Bills did not sign him to a ERA contract when they think they can sign him later if healthy at a lower price. Not saying I'd agree but Bills have shown that they will not necessarily re-sign players undergoing surgery in off-season. Increasing tender numbers from new CBA will result in more 2nd and 3rd year UDFAs being cut.

Quarterbacks are known for having make or break years, but who else on the team really needs to step-up this year to prove they are worth being here/starting? I'll make a few suggestions:

Lee Evans, is he worth keeping as our #1 receiver?

I think Robert Royal is going to have to prove this year that he is worth keeping around. At least 32+ receptions.

I also think that Chris Kelsay needs to prove he's worth starting. in 2006 he only got 5.5 sacks, but he also was good against the run, I think Chris Brown said that 17% of his tackles were behind the line.

Ko Simpson, is he the real deal? I remember the INT he got against Green Bay in 2006, but if you watch that play, Nate Clements basically hit the ball right to him.

It would be easier to list the players who don't need to step up (improve). In other words, which players would satisfy their coaches if they performed similarly to last year? I'm no coach, but I can only think of a few. They would be Lee Evans (can't blame him for less production given the QB debacle of last year), Jason Peters, Maybe Langston Walker and Dockery (seemed like they both played well), Aaron Schobel (maybe).; Everyone else and every other position IMO needs measurable improvement. Some players look to be on that path, several others are questions.

I'd add that the coaching staff needs to srep up and startds with Dicky boy losing the Mr. Rogers routine.

It would be easier to list the players who don't need to step up (improve). In other words, which players would satisfy their coaches if they performed similarly to last year? I'm no coach, but I can only think of a few. They would be Lee Evans (can't blame him for less production given the QB debacle of last year), Jason Peters, Maybe Langston Walker and Dockery (seemed like they both played well), Aaron Schobel (maybe).; Everyone else and every other position IMO needs measurable improvement. Some players look to be on that path, several others are questions.

I'd add that the coaching staff needs to srep up and startds with Dicky boy losing the Mr. Rogers routine.

Could add Moorman, Parrish (as a punt returner) and Lyndell to the list of those that are playing at a high level.

I guess to say that there are players who we expect consistency from who played well last year such as the players you listed above. However, I would guess that some guys have less job security than others when it comes to playing. Some guys could be cut next year like Royal instead of just being buried in a depth chart like Ellison. I guess I'm asking which guys could very easily mess-up themselves out of a job?

I'm going to say Simpson and Kelsay. I don't think Simpson has as much to prove as Kelsay. I want to see if he can get back to his old self now that he has Denney back to help him.

Kelsay hasn't even outplayed a healthy Denny and probably shouldn't even be the starter. I must admit my bias though as Kelsay just doesn't impress me, at least not yet. Maybe this will be his year though. We'll see..............