Even though I'm getting drunk, I still want to bring some

I stabbed my thumb with the corkscrew so excuse the typing.

I'm surprised that nobody's talking about the Colts extending GM Bill Polian's contract. I think that it's for another 3 or 4 years.

The Seahawks re-signed CB Marcus Trufant to a six-year, $50.2 million contract which includes a $10 million signing bonus. What surprises me here is that I thought that the 'Hawks were only about 9 1/2 million under the cap going into free agency. How in the world did they accomplish this?

The New York Times suggests that teams' apparent "concern" over Glenn Dorsey's lower body injuries are false and attempts to get his stock to drop. If there is any truth to this then I think that this is a rotten thing to do to a young prospect that has dedicated himself up to this point in his life to succeed.

As it stands now that all these rumored trade talks have fallen through for Jets' DT Dwayne Robertson that there is a good chance that the Jets will entertain a late rd pick for him or just flat out release him. Hey Mike Tannenbaum, how about one of our 7th rders for Robertson?

Louisville WR Mario Urrutia ran forty times of 4.58 and 4.53 at his Pro Day. He also jumped vertically 35". Urrutia was in the 4.5s at the Combine as well, which is fine for a 6'5/229-pound wideout. Despite an up-and-down college career, Urrutia should be well worth a fourth- or fifth-round flier. Does anyone know anything about this kid?

Bears head coach Lovie Smith met with Arkansas running backs Darren McFadden and Felix Jones on Monday. The Bears were thought to be seeking an offensive tackle with the 14th pick, but the pursuit of competition for RB Cedric Benson could be genuine. It has been suspected that Benson's rehabilitation from a fractured left ankle is not going smoothly, in which case he could be phased out of the team's plans. I recently made a mock draft that had the Bears taking RB Rashard Mendenhall. It doesn't look like I was too far off the mark.

QB Matt Flynn (6-2, 229) at LSU's Pro Day on 3/26 kept all his numbers from the combine, ran position drills and looked very good throwing the ball.

After registering a blazing 4.32 on a fairly slow track, running back Steve Korte Jr. has to be considered the unsung hero of L.S.U.'s Pro Day. But who is he?Korte, who was heavily recruited coming out of high school, is the son of former N.F.L. offensive lineman Steve Korte. He sort of got lost in the shuffle in Baton Rogue due to injuries and the Tigers' plethora of talent at running back, so he announced he would transfer to Southern Miss in the summer of 2007. But according to one of our sources, Korte was suspended by both the N.C.A.A. and L.S.U. (due to an academic issue) and has decided to turn to pro, instead of sitting out another season or transfering to a lower level program.

That's enough for now, the room is starting to spin. Enjoy.

I'm surprised that nobody's talking about the Colts extending GM Bill Polian's contract. I think that it's for another 3 or 4 years.

The Seahawks re-signed CB Marcus Trufant to a six-year, $50.2 million contract which includes a $10 million signing bonus. What surprises me here is that I thought that the 'Hawks were only about 9 1/2 million under the cap going into free agency. How in the world did they accomplish this?

The New York Times suggests that teams' apparent "concern" over Glenn Dorsey's lower body injuries are false and attempts to get his stock to drop. If there is any truth to this then I think that this is a rotten thing to do to a young prospect that has dedicated himself up to this point in his life to succeed.

As it stands now that all these rumored trade talks have fallen through for Jets' DT Dwayne Robertson that there is a good chance that the Jets will entertain a late rd pick for him or just flat out release him. Hey Mike Tannenbaum, how about one of our 7th rders for Robertson?

Louisville WR Mario Urrutia ran forty times of 4.58 and 4.53 at his Pro Day. He also jumped vertically 35". Urrutia was in the 4.5s at the Combine as well, which is fine for a 6'5/229-pound wideout. Despite an up-and-down college career, Urrutia should be well worth a fourth- or fifth-round flier. Does anyone know anything about this kid?

Bears head coach Lovie Smith met with Arkansas running backs Darren McFadden and Felix Jones on Monday. The Bears were thought to be seeking an offensive tackle with the 14th pick, but the pursuit of competition for RB Cedric Benson could be genuine. It has been suspected that Benson's rehabilitation from a fractured left ankle is not going smoothly, in which case he could be phased out of the team's plans. I recently made a mock draft that had the Bears taking RB Rashard Mendenhall. It doesn't look like I was too far off the mark.

QB Matt Flynn (6-2, 229) at LSU's Pro Day on 3/26 kept all his numbers from the combine, ran position drills and looked very good throwing the ball.

After registering a blazing 4.32 on a fairly slow track, running back Steve Korte Jr. has to be considered the unsung hero of L.S.U.'s Pro Day. But who is he?Korte, who was heavily recruited coming out of high school, is the son of former N.F.L. offensive lineman Steve Korte. He sort of got lost in the shuffle in Baton Rogue due to injuries and the Tigers' plethora of talent at running back, so he announced he would transfer to Southern Miss in the summer of 2007. But according to one of our sources, Korte was suspended by both the N.C.A.A. and L.S.U. (due to an academic issue) and has decided to turn to pro, instead of sitting out another season or transfering to a lower level program.

Damn for getting drunk nice job..I am having a hard time typing this..LOL

Louisville WR Mario Urrutia (I now live in the Louisville area) was really a non-entity this past year after showing some promise in 2006. Missed a couple games and had a couple with no stats (verified with ESPN site). Had a naggng leg injury but generally was disappointing in 2007. 4th round may be a hair high, I'd go 6th or thereabouts. Never was overly impressed with him in the 4-5 games I watched this year.

Mario Urrutia is soft. He's 6'6 but he plays like he is 5'9. He is scared to go over the middle. He didn't dominate opponents that he should have. He isn't going to be a good NFL player. He has a questionable work ethic. I'm just not sold on his mental abilities and intangibles. He has bust written all over him. His stats are misleading because Petrino's system was a great offensive system and the routes in the playbooks were just perfect. He isn't a very good blocker considering his size.

The Seahawks cap situation was tight with the franchise number for Trufant on the books. This move saved them a bundle.

We're not privy to the innerworkings of an NFL team, but doesn't the Dorsey item strike you as nonsense? These professional organizations can't be that gullible.

Seems like Lovie is just doing his due diligence. I wonder how much the hometown factor has to do with the Bears preferring Mendenhall. It seems like the Niners always valued Cal and Stanford players, but I don't know what that counts for.

Well done for getting hammered. You should right your own blog.

Are you telling me the Bills could get Robertson for a 7th? Why wouldn't we? Whats wrong with him. I didn't know there were trade rumors.

Well done for getting hammered. You should right your own blog.

Are you telling me the Bills could get Robertson for a 7th? Why wouldn't we? Whats wrong with him. I didn't know there were trade rumors.

He has a bone on bone knee condition. But for a seventh? Really? I'd get him and have a 6 man DT Rotation (Him, Stroud, McCargo, Williams, Johnson at times and draft pick).

We'd have a nose, a one tech, a 1/3 hybrid in McCargo, Johnson could play all the positions on the line a 3 tech in Robertson...

Ut oh, it looks like I'm starting to cause some pandemonium. Let me clarify my intent. I was insinuating that if the Jets were going to out and out release Robertson then maybe we should offer them a garbage pick. There's no trade talks going on between the Bills and Jets that I'm aware of. At this point I'm blaming the alcohol.

Im not much of a a Dwayne Robertson fan. He hasn't lived up to his draft status. He's not quite the bust that say a Ryan Sims was for KC, and mixed in with the scheme change the jets went under from the cover 2 to the 3-4, probably didn't help. On occasion he's held his own. There's also a lot of times when he just gets completely driven off the ball. He plays rather high, and it's a nasty habit for him, cause when he shows good form, he can drive opposing centers and guards right into the backfield. I wouldn't trade a high pick, but if the jets wanted a 5th-6th rd pick for Robertson. It would be worth it. Pretty much setting our dt rotation.

Deal fell through cause the Bengals couldn't come up with a new deal for him so he is still a Jet right now

The whole Glenn Dorsey thing reminds me of the drama surrounding Warren Sapp on Draft Day. Not saying they are the same type of player just the pre draft crap.

The whole Glenn Dorsey thing reminds me of the drama surrounding Warren Sapp on Draft Day. Not saying they are the same type of player just the pre draft crap.

The Sapp issue was failed drug tests not injuries. The other poster who said Roberson plays high? The guy is 6 feet tall, cant play too high.

Hey Tipster I thought you were giving up on posting to the Wall due to all of the criticism. Way to stick to your guns.

The Wall is like a skanky broad, have a few to many and it makes it easier to access late at night. But then you regret it in the morning. Or so I have been told.

We don't now how good Dwayne Robertson will be in a 4-3.

Robertson failed his physical in Denver.

The trade hinged on Robertson signing a long-term deal with the Bengals, but he balked at reducing his remaining salaries.

The Jets want to move him before June, when he's due a $3 million bonus.

2008: $6.8 million (+ $3 million roster bonus due in June), 2009: $4.5 million, 2010: Free Agent. Cap charges: $12 million (2008), $9.7 million (2009).

You want to pay that much for him???? I don't.

Maybe if he is cut but CIN and DEN will push hard from him

The trade hinged on Robertson signing a long-term deal with the Bengals, but he balked at reducing his remaining salaries.

2008: $6.8 million (+ $3 million roster bonus due in June), 2009: $4.5 million, 2010: Free Agent. Cap charges: $12 million (2008), $9.7 million (2009).

CIN had serious concerns about his knee. Check it out.

CIN had serious concerns about his knee. Any deal was subject to a physical. Check it out.

Hey Tipster I thought you were giving up on posting to the Wall due to all of the criticism. Way to stick to your guns.

I suggest that you go back and read EXACTLY what I said. If you are referring to the title where I said that I'm outta here, that was being used as a figure of speech, not literal. Read the WHOLE post and you'll see where I stated that I'm going to be more selective and not participate anymore with the negativity. The irony in your remark is that this is the kind of interaction I'm trying to avoid but I guess I don't have to participate, this kind of sh-- will just seek a person out. I'm still sticking to my guns though.

I suggest that you go back and read EXACTLY what I said. If you are referring to the title where I said that I'm outta here, that was being used as a figure of speech, not literal. Read the WHOLE post and you'll see where I stated that I'm going to be more selective and not participate anymore with the negativity. The irony in your remark is that this is the kind of interaction I'm trying to avoid but I guess I don't have to participate, this kind of sh-- will just seek a person out. I'm still sticking to my guns though.

Way to go. LSI is proud! :thumbsup: