Take the Wonderlic Test yourself...

I actually had to take a Wonderlic as part of a job interview last year. I ended up answering around 45 out of the 50 before time ran out (20 minutes I believe). The questions aren't all as easy as that sample....but some are. They wouldn't tell me my score, but I did get hte job offer FWIW :P . The hardest part for me (and I would guess for most people) is knowing you're up against a clock. The feeling of being forced to rush your decision making is difficult, a la the link with professinal football.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I did not grade out as a moron but got the last question wrong......isn't it supposed to be true?

no it is not conclusive, because the first two statements are true, but do not have anything to do with the third statement. I nailed logic down so easily in college that I had literally 50 people cheating off my test, because I would let two buds cheat off me in the row behind, and people would cheat off them, and so on and so forth. I do really well on these tests because it is mostly logic

am i missing something? I got all 9, i am not a smart person, but that was kind of easy......

Yes, it was easy.

The real test (with many more questions) doesn't seem to be as easy, though. (Check Google for more example questions.) If it was, why don't SOME players (Steve Young, for instance) get perfect scores?

Even these 9 easy questions have some issues. First of all, the "duplicates" question would be tough for anyone with even mild dyslexia, if they were in a hurry and nervous. I have mild dyslexia and almost missed one of them, and I wasn't nervous or rushed for time.

The question asking which shape is most different, is really an odd question, IMO. The "correct" answer is different than the others, as the others have four sides. But, as # of sides was not given as the criteria, a person may use another criteria to decide which is "most different". (For example, figure #1 is the only figure with a number that doesn't bend..that is is straight up and down. All of the other numbers bend. OK, that's a crappy example, but without a way to explain, it is impossible to know how the decision was made.) This is simply a lousy question, IMO.

The only question I actually missed was one of the easiest questions: Which number represents the smallest amount. Of course I KNOW that .33 is smaller than .8, but I didn't notice the "." in front of 33, the first time I tool the test. I simply misread the answers.

I reviewed the Wonderlic in the past, and was NOT impressed. It's a poor test of anything, IMO. But, as a tool that looks to make very crude separations in the ability of those that can think under pressure and those that have trouble, I guess it's probably OK...except:

It does not work for those with certain learning disorders (dyslexia is just one), are slow readers, have test panic (test panic doesn't necessarily translate to slow/poor decision making when performing a task one is confident with), are overtired, or simply don't give a crap and don't try. Poor instructions can also be an issue with tests of this sort.

My guess is it is a lousy representation of the total test. (That is, "good" as an example of the test, but "poor" as a predictor of the results.)
I have never seen the this before, but I hope this isn't a very accurate sample of what the Wonderlic is actually like. If the Wonderlic is really this easy, the there are definitely some mentally challenged people in the NFL.
The sample test simply can not be indicative of the full-scale Wonderlic because if it is, I'm a friggin' genius.

I actually had to take a Wonderlic as part of a job interview last year. I ended up answering around 45 out of the 50 before time ran out (20 minutes I believe). The questions aren't all as easy as that sample....but some are. .... The hardest part for me (and I would guess for most people) is knowing you're up against a clock. The feeling of being forced to rush your decision making is difficult, a la the link with professinal football.

I took it also one time, knowing there's a time limit was hard. Plus with this one, you can see all the questions before you even start. The real Wonderlic booklet is kept closed until the proctor starts the timer.

I answered 7 of the 9 questions in time, and got 6 right. I missed the boy/football question. I hate those kinds of questions. I never take to time to clearly read them before answering. And now I feel dumb because I had to read a few questions a few times. reading comprehention is not a strong point for me.

I understood what the "number of hours in september" one was asking me for, but time expired right before I answered. :thumbsup: