Old... but...

Still a bigger fan of JP than Trent, but not going to get into it.

Man I totally agree. There was nothing fake about that, if we believe DJ every position is open and up for grabs, I want to see him with an open minded OC using his talents. This is not over with.

You know youre going to put up points

What a joke you are Jim Rome... Re-dic-ulous

Half way through... just watch.

That wasnt that far fetched at the time. All we heard all off season was how much the offense was clicking and JP looked solid. he was coming off a great year and we had just added a great o line. for whatever reason it didnt work out but that doesnt mean Rome is an idiot. He also said that McGahee wasnt as good as he said he was and the bills were smart to dump him

If only JP got to play the Texans every game and not the PAts. :P

Wasn't his very first game action (in relief of an injured Bledsoe) against the Pats*? I seem to remember it being a primetime game. I remember him dropping the ball a couple of times - including one where he bounced it right out of bounds.

That was one of the worst debuts at QB I've ever seen an eventual starter make.

Wasn't his very first game action (in relief of an injured Bledsoe) against the Pats*? I seem to remember it being a primetime game. I remember him dropping the ball a couple of times - including one where he bounced it right out of bounds.

That was one of the worst debuts at QB I've ever seen an eventual starter make.

To be fair, JP was the #3 emergency QB in that game. Meathead, exhibiting his keen mind for trickery, bypassed the designated backup, Holcomb, after Bledsoe got hurt and we were losing by over 3 TDs just to throw JP in the game. Of course, the Pats* blitzed the hell out of him and noone picked it up.

This is exhibit A of how not to develop a QB.

To be fair, JP was the #3 emergency QB in that game. Meathead, exhibiting his keen mind for trickery, bypassed the designated backup, Holcomb, after Bledsoe got hurt and we were losing by over 3 TDs just to throw JP in the game. Of course, the Pats* blitzed the hell out of him and noone picked it up.

This is exhibit A of how not to develop a QB.

The buzz going around, was that "meathead" made this move, because he was hearing from Wyche, that JP was slacking off, and not preparing for games as if he might get the call...they wanted to scare him into being ready....they were a little disappointed with his effort his rookie season, and felt he was losing his focus. I am sure the injury took some of the steam out of that season for JP.

The buzz going around, was that "meathead" made this move, because he was hearing from Wyche, that JP was slacking off, and not preparing for games as if he might get the call...they wanted to scare him into being ready....they were a little disappointed with his effort his rookie season, and felt he was losing his focus. I am sure the injury took some of the steam out of that season for JP.

Could be true. Although after the coaching/quitting moves I saw, Meathead never gets the benefit of the doubt.

That wasnt that far fetched at the time. All we heard all off season was how much the offense was clicking and JP looked solid. he was coming off a great year and we had just added a great o line. for whatever reason it didnt work out but that doesnt mean Rome is an idiot. He also said that McGahee wasnt as good as he said he was and the bills were smart to dump him

Agreed...there are probably a half dozen other reasons that Rome is an idiot! :thumbsup: