spitzer had a lot of enemies

TPS

I think Molson is a tad upset he lost his crown atm. With that said the Bush conservative apologists are out in force lately. Personally, I think Obama scared them a bit. It should be noted that GG was one of the posters who liked Obama's speech. Just saying. :)

3b) Spitzer did reign in the banks he could, Countrywide for instance, even though its a California company but it did business in New York. But was Bear Stearns a state "bank?" No, it was outside the regulatory network for other reasons. All of this smacks of hiding behind jourisdictions, classifications of companies, etc. Lots of smoke and mirrors used to hide these predatory lending practices and other white collar crime.

Good God, man. Spitzer couldn't reign in the predatory lending practices of Bear Stearns??? Do you know anything? :)

Good God, man. Spitzer couldn't reign in the predatory lending practices of Bear Stearns??? Do you know anything? :P

No, he really knows nothing about the situation. Nothing at all. His comment provides all of the evidence necessary to make that conclusion.

Good God, man. Spitzer couldn't reign in the predatory lending practices of Bear Stearns??? Do you know anything?

just got back from my bear stearns mortgage office, and boy was I mad at them!!!

What's your point?

that you don't know a thing.

Come on people:

Spitzer was brought down because he legally withdrew cash from a bank – not because he committed a crime. This should prompt us to reassess and hopefully reverse this trend of pervasive government intrusion in our private lives.

We need no more Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act!

What we need is more government transparency and more privacy for the individual

Come on people:

Spitzer was brought down because he legally withdrew cash from a bank – not because he committed a crime. This should prompt us to reassess and hopefully reverse this trend of pervasive government intrusion in our private lives.

....but I also think we should be putting billions more dollars that individuals earn under federal government control via more taxation, having the federal gov't penalize private businesses for earning 'too much' money and putting the federal gov't in charge of health care.

:beer::blink::blink:

Wow...just went you think molton can't top himself.... :thumbsup:

....but I also think we should be putting billions more dollars that individuals earn under federal government control via more taxation, having the federal gov't penalize private businesses for earning 'too much' money and putting the federal gov't in charge of health care.

:beer::blink::blink:

Wow...just went you think molton can't top himself.... :thumbsup:

You forgot that we should bail out the rich when capitalism fails

Come on people:

What we need is more government transparency and more privacy for the individual

What we need is Change

Chaaaaange. More Chaaaaaaange

Come on people:

Spitzer was brought down because he legally withdrew cash from a bank – not because he committed a crime.

Withdrew money from a bank is all that he did?

Prostitution is legal in NYS!!! Whoopie!!

Come on people:

Spitzer was caught by FISA withdrawing cash from a bank, and didn't commit a crime?

You must be trolling. Anyone mentally imparied enough to believe this is too impaired to know who Spitzer is to begin with.

I'll try once...if you really want to learn something about "bailouts" and what has happened recently, read this article. It is a nice summary.

10 Days that Changed Capitalism

Its always been my understanding that the Feds ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY CANNOT allow 1) Big lenders 2) "National" Air carriers like AA, Delta or United 3) Any of the "Big 3 auto manufacturers" to EVER go out of business, lest the US economy essentially loses ALL credibility.

True....or BS?

Its always been my understanding that the Feds ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY CANNOT allow 1) Big lenders 2) "National" Air carriers like AA, Delta or United 3) Any of the "Big 3 auto manufacturers" to EVER go out of business, lest the US economy essentially loses ALL credibility.

True....or BS?

Well, they let Chrysler be sold to the Germans for a while. Big lenders are routinely bailed out of messes (think S&L crisis) and the airlines have been propped up as much as possible, so maybe it is true. I don't know for certain, but it may be an unwritten policy.

True....or BS?

It was probably true 30-40 yrs ago. Not anymore. The vital industries are tech, but no one firm (that you know of) would engender that kind of a response from the government. To repeat, the government didn't bail out Bear Stearns, it bailed out its transactions and trades. The firm and the employees are history.