spitzer had a lot of enemies

TPS

no doubt he did a pretty stupid thing, especially since he pissed both wall street and the bush admin off. <just came across this piece he wrote in the post about how the admin blocked states from preventing subprime lending.

enemies

Why must you do that?

Few factual inaccuracies - the peak of predatory lending was 2005/2006, not 2003. But most importantly, the OCC is not an obscure agency (which you should know) . The reason OCC pushed back at the states is that the states were encroaching on regulations of federally chartered institutions. A minor technicality that you don't like to be bothered with when analyzing things in hindsight.

You would also figure if Bush & Co were after Spitzer, they would have done something well before he ran for governor. No need to gin up accusations now that the great crusader has been exposed as a sleazeball.

..ps, if you don't believe me, maybe you can believe these guys.

So whether or not you want to see if Bush & Co were the ones behind Ellie's troubles, the op-ed is emblematic of his style, sensationalizing half truths to prop up his image, while actually doing nothing.

Why must you do that?

1) Few factual inaccuracies - the peak of predatory lending was 2005/2006, not 2003.

2) But most importantly, the OCC is not an obscure agency (which you should know) .

3) The reason OCC pushed back at the states is that the states were encroaching on regulations of federally chartered institutions. A minor technicality that you don't like to be bothered with when analyzing things in hindsight.

4) You would also figure if Bush & Co were after Spitzer, they would have done something well before he ran for governor. No need to gin up accusations now that the great crusader has been exposed as a sleazeball.

1) Irrelevant

2) Obscure to the majority of those reading the piece, duh. (which you should know)

3) Kinda proves Spitzer's point, doesn't it? There ws an obvous problem with these subprime mortagaes, this has been known for years. The states tried to do something about it. Bush could have taken the lead in this, but instead, he fought the people trying to stop the disaster and look at the mess we are in now. Nothing a tax cut can't fix, huh?

4) You questioning the timing??? <_< Have you been paying attention? Spitzer, the governor of New York--you do know where Wall Street is located?--was turning up the heat on this issue just as the meldown was beginning. They wanted the number one point man in this crusade out of the way, I'm sure. I don't know if they "got him" but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

1) Irrelevant

Irrelevant, why?

2) Obscure to the majority of those reading the piece, duh. (which you should know)

Including to the soppers, like you, who take his word as gospel? I take it you haven't bothered reading the letters to Wash Post disputing Saint Ellie's claims.

3) Kinda proves Spitzer's point, doesn't it? There ws an obvous problem with these subprime mortagaes, this has been known for years. The states tried to do something about it. Bush could have taken the lead in this, but instead, he fought the people trying to stop the disaster and look at the mess we are in now. Nothing a tax cut can't fix, huh?

Read the letters, educate yourself. Abuse was happening all over the place, including in state chartered banks. Why weren't state chartered run mortgage companies reigned in? If all 50 state AGs supported Spitzer, how is this a Dem vs Rep issue rather than State vs Fed? Why did the SCOUTUS have to rule in this case (against the states?)

4) You questioning the timing??? <_< Have you been paying attention? Spitzer, the governor of New York--you do know where Wall Street is located?--was turning up the heat on this issue just as the meldown was beginning. They wanted the number one point man in this crusade out of the way, I'm sure. I don't know if they "got him" but it wouldn't surprise me at all.

Yes, I'm questioning the timing, because if Spitzer thought there was a problem in 2003, why did he wait until Feb '08 to write his op-ed, when the market imploded in the summer of '07?

Keep it up, you may take back the crown from East Brady.

1) Irrelevant, why?

2) Including to the soppers, like you, who take his word as gospel? I take it you haven't bothered reading the letters to Wash Post disputing Saint Ellie's claims.

3) Read the letters, educate yourself. Abuse was happening all over the place, including in state chartered banks. Why weren't state chartered run mortgage companies reigned in? If all 50 state AGs supported Spitzer, how is this a Dem vs Rep issue rather than State vs Fed? Why did the SCOUTUS have to rule in this case (against the states?)

4) Yes, I'm questioning the timing, because if Spitzer thought there was a problem in 2003, why did he wait until Feb '08 to write his op-ed, when the market imploded in the summer of '07?

Keep it up, you may take back the crown from East Brady.

1) Because it doesn't matter

2) I read it and it was interesting. Would like to hear Spitzer's reply to them, though that won't happen now

3a) Why did Court rule? LOL, because Bush instead of working with the states to stop it sued the states to stop enforcement. That's why. Pretty simple.

3b) Spitzer did reign in the banks he could, Countrywide for instance, even though its a California company but it did business in New York. But was Bear Stearns a state "bank?" No, it was outside the regulatory network for other reasons. All of this smacks of hiding behind jourisdictions, classifications of companies, etc. Lots of smoke and mirrors used to hide these predatory lending practices and other white collar crime.

4) You answerred your own question. He was playing politics and if he was brought down because of that the timing makes perfect sense

5) Do you feel Bush should have done more to confront this problem?

3a) Why did Court rule? LOL, because Bush instead of working with the states to stop it sued the states to stop enforcement. That's why. Pretty simple.

Thank you for the daily affirmation. The Supreme Court is an agent of the Executive Branch in molsonland.

3b) Spitzer did reign in the banks he could, Countrywide for instance, even though its a California company but it did business in New York. But was Bear Stearns a state "bank?" No, it was outside the regulatory network for other reasons. All of this smacks of hiding behind jourisdictions, classifications of companies, etc. Lots of smoke and mirrors used to hide these predatory lending practices and other white collar crime.

[molson]

When I don't understand an issue, I just throw up a whole bunch of jingoisms that I lifted off the headlines of newspapers strewn on bathroom floors.

[/molson]

4) You answerred your own question. He was playing politics and if he was brought down because of that the timing makes perfect sense

Obviously the timing is important, because the day after the op-ed appeared he had the unbreaking urge to see Kristen. Never mind that the investigations has already been ongoing for months before that.

5) Do you feel Bush should have done more to confront this problem?

This problem, if you even understood what it was, is beyond one person's ability to control.

1) Thank you for the daily affirmation. The Supreme Court is an agent of the Executive Branch in molsonland.

2) [molsonWhen I don't understand an issue, I just throw up a whole bunch of jingoisms that I lifted off the headlines of newspapers strewn on bathroom floors.

[/molson]

3) Obviously the timing is important, because the day after the op-ed appeared he had the unbreaking urge to see Kristen. Never mind that the investigations has already been ongoing for months before that.

4) This problem, if you even understood what it was, is beyond one person's ability to control.

1) Wow, you really are an idiot

2) Wow, you really are stupid. Talk about avoiding the issue

3) Obviously

4) ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh really? I wasn't aware the President worked alone...You are something special. Sort of special education like.

How about making lending less of a loan sharking business? And applying more scrunity to rating agencies that are connected to these mortgage companies and give these mortgages AAA ratings so the companies can sell them off as securites to unsuspecting investors?

You are the biggest appologist of Bush's policies on this board

1) Wow, you really are an idiot

2) Wow, you really are stupid. Talk about avoiding the issue

3) Obviously

4) ROTFLMAO!!!! Oh really? I wasn't aware the President worked alone...You are something special. Sort of special education like.

How about making lending less of a loan sharking business? And applying more scrunity to rating agencies that are connected to these mortgage companies and give these mortgages AAA ratings so the companies can sell them off as securites to unsuspecting investors?

You are the biggest appologist of Bush's policies on this board

Wow, you surely showed me with this response.

There was nothing to show but your ignorance, which you demonstrated with your previous post. I actually am disappointed. I thought you might be able to offer me a someone intelligent discussion but you are obviously not up to it.

Do your own homework, Sue.

There was nothing to show but your ignorance, which you demonstrated with your previous post. I actually am disappointed. I thought you might be able to offer me a someone intelligent discussion but you are obviously not up to it.

babble rabble babble rabble............. <_<