Bills vs steelers preseason game confirmed for toronto

K-Gun10

The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is reporting that the Steelers will play a preseason game in August in Toronto against Buffalo, the first of eight home games over the next five seasons the Bills will play in the Canadian city.

That's sort of a shame because "Stillers" fans would have made the drive to RWS and sold out a pre-season game for us. Should have gave T.O. the Lions game. (Oh you know we're playing the Lions. When have we NOT played the Lions in pre-season?)

PTR

That's sort of a shame because "Stillers" fans would have made the drive to RWS and sold out a pre-season game for us. Should have gave T.O. the Lions game. (Oh you know we're playing the Lions. When have we NOT played the Lions in pre-season?)

PTR

I immediately thought the same thing. How fuggin stupid. Pittsburgh - Buffalo in Buffalo = automatic sellout. Buffalo - Detroit pre-season, who knows. They could have had an automatic sellout for both games very easily if the Detroit game was the one in Toronto.

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either. Why try and maximize your profitability on a game that would have been maximized at the Ralph? That game could have sold out at regular season ticket prices and then play another sold out pre-season game in Toronto.

Anyone have an opinion as to why they would play the Steelers in Toronto?

Does anybody who has season tickets currently, plan on attending any Toronto games? I am a ticket holder and I am not planning on going.. Simply because I live 70 miles south of Buffalo and I don't want to drive to Toronto. YOU?

Yeah, that doesn't make sense to me either. Why try and maximize your profitability on a game that would have been maximized at the Ralph? That game could have sold out at regular season ticket prices and then play another sold out pre-season game in Toronto.

For the NFL, It's a no-brainer, really. Steeler fans travel the best of anyone, it puts butts in the seats and dollars in the pockets. Television exposure for an otherwise meaningless pre-season game.

Does anybody who has season tickets currently, plan on attending any Toronto games? I am a ticket holder and I am not planning on going.. Simply because I live 70 miles south of Buffalo and I don't want to drive to Toronto. YOU?

Have to see if they'll offer a payment plan and how those terms are. Either way, I'm not considering them "home" games since they aren't included already in my season ticket package.

Why else would Toronto take preseason games other than to sell them out?

The Bills promised schedulers would not schedule bottom feeders.

Bills vs Lions is not likely to sell out and this is keeping the promise and increasing likelyhood of more sell outs as those locals who go to game tell it was a decent game for a practice game.

I immediately thought the same thing. How fuggin stupid. Pittsburgh - Buffalo in Buffalo = automatic sellout. Buffalo - Detroit pre-season, who knows. They could have had an automatic sellout for both games very easily if the Detroit game was the one in Toronto.

Of course, you all realize that the one home preseason game will be Kids' Day, and it will be a sellout no matter who the opponent is...

Hell no! :wallbash:

I would only go if it was a good game (not preseason and not one that promised to be a stinker, say versus the Falcons or something). Since I live in Seattle it's much easier for me to get to Toronto (non-stop) than slog thru O'Hare (or worse) to get to Buffalo. In principle I am not happy with it, but since I can only make a couple of games per year my choices are limited. So if I can go to one more game due to the relative ease of travel, I just might.