WNY Campgrounds

WWVaBeach

I believe the only place that you do not need reservations for is Camp Blood on Crystal Lake. In fact, I hear that there are vacancies opening up all the time so you are in luck!

Are you looking to rent a cabin, tent camp, pull in a camper? It has been a long time, but I always enjoyed Letchworth State Park. We usually rent a cabin at Allegany State Park twice a year, and that is nice because you have options from pretty rustic to newly renovated. If you are at all considering Allegany State Park, book in advance.

Are you looking to rent a cabin, tent camp, pull in a camper? It has been a long time, but I always enjoyed Letchworth State Park. We usually rent a cabin at Allegany State Park twice a year, and that is nice because you have options from pretty rustic to newly renovated. If you are at all considering Allegany State Park, book in advance.

You can backpack or canoe through the res in the National Forest part (PA) and campsites are (??) first come first serve...

What about going up into The Kawarthas [Ontario]... That is some beautiful country! Not too much of a drive...

Ontario

Allegany State Park ROCKS!!! :censored:

I believe the only place that you do not need reservations for is Camp Blood on Crystal Lake. In fact, I hear that there are vacancies opening up all the time so you are in luck!

OK damn it. Your avatar is just freaking me the hell out. what's the story?

It's been a very long time since I was there but I always loved Letchworth. I have no idea what the camping/cabin facilities are like now but the park itself is spectacular particularly in the fall.

It's been a very long time since I was there but I always loved Letchworth. I have no idea what the camping/cabin facilities are like now but the park itself is spectacular particularly in the fall.

Sometimes good things do NOT change.

Most NY State Parks are decent. It can be hard to get a reservation for a nice site sometimes. I also like Nick's Lake near Old Forge.

A LOT depends on what you are looking for: "camping" today can be in a $100K bus or a dome tent in the woods. :lol:

OK damn it. Your avatar is just freaking me the hell out. what's the story?

It is billsdiva007's "friend", I think. And, he wants to be MORE than "just friends".

Sometimes good things do NOT change.

Most NY State Parks are decent. It can be hard to get a reservation for a nice site sometimes. I also like Nick's Lake near Old Forge.

A LOT depends on what you are looking for: "camping" today can be in a $100K bus or a dome tent in the woods. :lol:

I'm talking a decent size pop up camper.

I'm talking a decent size pop up camper.

Almost any NY State Park will accommodate you just fine. Some let you bring dogs too.

I especially like (in no particular order) Letchworth, Nick's Lake, Stony Brook, Watkin's Glen, Wellesley Island, and Eighth Lake. Oh, and we stayed at Lake Lucerne (not far from Lake Charles) and that was also nice. Between Ithaca and Naples are some great wine trails. I have stayed in Allegheny too, but my kids were bored and the wife found it a bit "rough" but they are all city folk. ;)

Hell a friend and me used to get dropped off in the Allegheny National forest with backpacks, food, geodesic survey maps and a compass. We told family if they did not hear from us in a week, they might want to call somebody. :lol:

My friend told me once that staying in a pop up was not camping. I agreed - but it is a cheap way to vacation with the family and still beats a hotel. Nothing worse than having four kids in tents that are floating! I look at it as a compromise.

One place we liked that was private was Cooperstown Famous Family Campground. Last we went there it was getting pretty commercial, but when the kids were small they had fun feeding the chickens, trying to milk a cow, and daily pony rides and hay rides. The man running it was "Uncle John. He had an old Allis Chalmers tractor, with the name "Alice" painted on the fender. Gotta like a man who names his tractor! When we were leaving we said our good-byes. He winked at us and said "You'll be back" and he was right. There is this place called the Baseball HOF that we went to while we there there. :wallbash:

One place we liked that was private was Cooperstown Famous Family Campground. Last we went there it was getting pretty commercial, but when the kids were small they had fun feeding the chickens, trying to milk a cow, and daily pony rides and hay rides. The man running it was "Uncle John. He had an old Allis Chalmers tractor, with the name "Alice" painted on the fender. Gotta like a man who names his tractor! When we were leaving we said our good-byes. He winked at us and said "You'll be back" and he was right. There is this place called the Baseball HOF that we went to while we there there. :wallbash:

100% agreed on Cooperstown; probably the best place we used to camp when I was a kid. Little pond for fishing, not crowded at all--really nice.

I've always liked camping in Allegheny. One time (the summer between senior year of HS and 1st year of College) a group of us were thrown out of the park on the first night. I am both proud and embarrassed to say, it was for VERY good reason(s).