Obama's Preacher for 20 years

VRWC

Skeletons written about in a national newspaper a year ago. Sheesh. Give it up.

But the general voting public wasn't paying attention to details about Obama a year ago, now they are. And like I said, I would expect more to come as the Rezko trial goes forward and the RNC now focuses on him.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My step-grandmother-in-law was a witch, and they burned her. That's why I'm not running for President.

That's your step-grandmother-in-law though. I don't think a person like that matters much. If she was your real step-grandmother, you know, the kind you see more than four times, her religion becomes critical to your campaign, particularly if she resides in another continent.

Also, John McCain's grandfather's grandfather, a MUCH closer blood relative, OWNED 52 SLAVES!

William Alexander McCain (b. North Carolina, 1812 – d. 1863), Confederate States Army, owned a 2,000-acre (8.1 km²) plantation in Carroll County, Mississippi and 52 slaves

Well, well, well.

Believe me, Im NOT trying to defend this !@#$ in Chicago. Just wish those who are "outraged" over it would do a little !@#$ing research first.

How the !@#$ does someone like Sean Hannity go nuts over this, yet totally ignore what is said in the above?

Now I mentioned Dobson above and he agreed with Falwell and Robertson on principle that the "loss of morality" as they say is a problem in the US (fine), but he refused to make a direct correlation between that and 9/11. That's good.

Good questions. A lot of people in the establishment are / were afraid to take these guys on. But they are all equally out of their minds, and that includes the pastor in Chicago.

I get your point. I think I can sum it up this way. We all have many acquaintances and very few true friends or mentors. We can not be held accountable for our acquaintances digressions or deeds but friends and mentors must be help to a higher level.

We are who we hang out with and associate with. If you associate with thugs, dishonest people, you are most likely a thug and dishonest yourself. If you surround yourself with good, honest, decent people you will most likely be one yourself. It’s not 100% that’s the case, but IMO, it’s about as good an indicator as you can get without knowing the true persons soul.

So essentially we can discount anyone who is in politics if you follow that line of thinking. Never seen a more degenerate lot when taken as a whole. See, we do agree on a lot of issues.

The pastor of my church of 20 was a nutjob too. His views did not reflect mine. The rest of his staff was much cooler (hence constantly challenged to keep him in check). I stayed with this church because of the cool people (I'd go to their services), I'd been there so long, it was part of my community and my friends, relatives and neighbors went. I just tuned him out when I had to encounter him. He was a very senior and we listened when we had to just out of respect for his position. Although really I respected him very little.

People who think Geraldine Ferraro was within her rights to speak her mind, and should not have resigned, should not have an issue with this guy.

What kills me is all these staffers who are so freaking stupid with their big mouths. You'd think they'd know by now the vultures are waiting to pounce. I took a three-day political grassroots staffer training session once and it was a pretty elementary part of the training - if you learned nothing else they wanted us to learn that you keep your opinions to yourself and no matter what, stay on message.

I have a tough time coming up with any excuse for Obama on this one. I basically want to like him since I think there's a good chance he's our next president, but there's no way he spent 20+ years with this guy and never noticed that he's a race-baiting lunatic. Wright is seriously effed up. And he's not some "crazy uncle" who occasionally says things you disagree with. You choose what church you go to and what church you want to donate to. Obama also choose to praise the guy in his books.

I won't be shocked if this costs him the nomination. He was going to get drilled in Pennsylvania already.

(I also think it's funny that Obama is the "Hope" candidate when both his wife and his pastor come across as such bitter, angry people.)

I have a tough time coming up with any excuse for Obama on this one. I basically want to like him since I think there's a good chance he's our next president, but there's no way he spent 20+ years with this guy and never noticed that he's a race-baiting lunatic. Wright is seriously effed up. And he's not some "crazy uncle" who occasionally says things you disagree with. You choose what church you go to and what church you want to donate to. Obama also choose to praise the guy in his books.

I won't be shocked if this costs him the nomination. He was going to get drilled in Pennsylvania already.

(I also think it's funny that Obama is the "Hope" candidate when both his wife and his pastor come across as such bitter, angry people.)

Do you find it odd that they can only come up with 2-3 of these diatribes they keep showing over and over and over again? It doesn't seem like the guy says them every Sunday. Furthermore, virtually every single black person you see on the air says the same thing, that this what is said in black churches like Wrights all across the country. It's not at all unusual for someone to think that stuff said in someone's church or temple that is different from yours would be crazy. In Jewish temples, they speak of Israel 100x more than they do of America. I am non-religious, so I think EVERY church and pastor and rabbi says outlandishly crazy things. :thumbsup:

Do you find it odd that they can only come up with 2-3 of these diatribes they keep showing over and over and over again?

Not necessarily. How many of his diatribes were taped? I know they sell his "sermons" on DVD at the church. Do they sell this crap? Why did tapes of these even exist? Is that church really that proud of this? And how many insane diatribes do we really need?

There's no context to put this in to make it better. There's no context to make "God Damn America!" sound right. And the guy practically sounds excited in his first post-9/11 rant. His rants are on the the level of the Mel Gibson/Michael Richards meltdowns except we have several of them on video.

Not necessarily. How many of his diatribes were taped? I know they sell his "sermons" on DVD at the church. Do they sell this crap? Why did tapes of these even exist? Is that church really that proud of this? And how many insane diatribes do we really need?

There's no context to put this in to make it better. There's no context to make "God Damn America!" sound right. And the guy practically sounds excited in his first post-9/11 rant. His rants are on the the level of the Mel Gibson/Michael Richards meltdowns except we have several of them on video.

The point is that if this guy goes off on these rants every week and Obama is privy to it, and accepting of it, there would be a problem. If he does it every seven years or so and Obama doesn't see that kind of stuff every Sunday, then it is not a problem, IMO. The number of tapes is relevant because if there were any more we'd likely see them. Which makes me believe he doesn't usually go that far.

It's also not much different than what Ron Paul said in the Republican debates, and he was 100% correct. We may not have deserved the attack in any way, shape or form, but we surely caused it by our actions.

But the general voting public wasn't paying attention to details about Obama a year ago, now they are. And like I said, I would expect more to come as the Rezko trial goes forward and the RNC now focuses on him.

Jesse Jackson was the Clinton "spiritual advisor" when he got caught with his pants down. Is that OK?

The Clintons are no better than Obama.

What is there to explain? It's the reason given for the attacks by the attackers. Or do you believe bin Laden hates us for our freedom? You're not that far gone are you?

To be fair, the attackers also cited the 72 virgin sex slaves they'd obtain in paradise once they completed their mass murder.

Regardless of what the attackers said, I think the main reason for the attack was the twisted idealogy of the people behind it.

To be fair, the attackers also cited the 72 virgin sex slaves they'd obtain in paradise once they completed their mass murder.

Regardless of what the attackers said, I think the main reason for the attack was the twisted idealogy of the people behind it.

And this is less believable or provable than the concept of Heaven? Its what these maniacs believe, however mad it is.

And again, I am in NO way justifying the attack. I want to blow them all to hell myself. But to me its virtually inarguable that Bin Laden does what he does because we stuck our snoot in the Middle East where he felt we didnt belong. It doesnt matter whether we should or shouldnt have or were right or wrong or how crazy he is, it's a fact. If we never set foot in the Mid East there wouldn't be 90% of this hatred or attacks. I think it's impossible to argue. We may have done the right thing or we may not have. That is very arguable. The fact we did it and a lot of Islamics hate it is not.

Well, tomorrow Obama is going to give a speech discussing race and this religious thingy. So let's see what he has to say.

No doubt more BS. Is he so so incompetent that no one in his staff advised him to distance himself from this "preacher" as fast as he could last year when he declared?

His mentor is a big a racist and loon as Farahkan, who got an award from Obama's mentor.

Uhhh...he DOES "hate us for our freedoms." That is part of it, but I dont cite it becuase its as freaking stupid to say in soundbyte form as "we had it coming."

And one HUGE hole in that little theory...we pulled OUT of a lot of the Holy Land that bin Laden what forced us "have it coming."

I'm sure Osama Bin Laden hates Switzerland's freedoms, too. You're a bigger moron than I had previously feared, which was substantial. That's like saying it wasn't rape because you pulled out. I suppose if we never set foot in the middle east, never went into Saudi Arabia, never gave billions or jets to Israel they would have bombed us out of nowhere because they hate our freedoms. Seriously, that's crazier logic than bin laden's himself.

And this is less believable or provable than the concept of Heaven? Its what these maniacs believe, however mad it is.

They essentially believe in a perverse death cult. I don't believe what they say. I don't even believe them when they're trying to tell me what they believe. I basically think they'll say anything to justify their own sick need to kill people who don't think the way they do. They're pretty famous for spinning defeats into great victories for their cause (not to mention turning OBL's pathetic performance against the Soviets into the birth of a great military leader).

If a worldwide caliphate (with Bin Laden's specific brand of Islam, of course) is the best way for all mankind to live, it's hard to reconcile that the fact that the wealthiest, most successful nation in the world is the non-Muslim USA. We're too big to be off their radar and our existence undermines their beliefs.

Their screwy beliefs are different from the simple concept of Heaven in that what they believe is strongly tied into what happens here on earth. Doing anything to undermine their beliefs (even inadvertantly) can cause the worst ones to wig out and chop off a head or two. A guy who believes there's a Heaven and Hell probably won't be much affected by meeting a more successful person who doesn't.

And again, I am in NO way justifying the attack. I want to blow them all to hell myself. But to me its virtually inarguable that Bin Laden does what he does because we stuck our snoot in the Middle East where he felt we didnt belong. It doesnt matter whether we should or shouldnt have or were right or wrong or how crazy he is, it's a fact. If we never set foot in the Mid East there wouldn't be 90% of this hatred or attacks. I think it's impossible to argue. We may have done the right thing or we may not have. That is very arguable. The fact we did it and a lot of Islamics hate it is not.
It's not, but at the same time I wonder if there's any way to placate them. Decades ago, when the issue was nationalism in the Middle East, maybe we could. Now that it's Islamic extremism, I doubt we can get on their good side.