WR Devin Thomas and TE Kellen Davis

Astrobot

very perceptive. It seems like the Vikes are all over Devin Thomas too. They pick at 17 so we have to be careful about trading down if Thomas is our guy. The Bears most likely will go WR too at 14 after losing Berrian. Quick, without looking who do the Bears have for WRs now? This all leads me to believe we stay at 11 and draft Thomas. Devin had a great year and blew up at the combine.

On the NFL Network this week they were saying that Devin Hester is the Bears #1 WR at this time...Now that may not be bad, but you HAVE to figure The Bears will be looking WR early...I know everyone is thinking a Trade Down is the smart way to go, but we have all thought that each year and I don't think this Bills Org is gonna do it...They target someone they know they want, and they know they can get, and they take him...Whitner, Lynch, even Lee Evans...That's the way they prefer to Draft...I think if The Bills like Thomas enough they are going to take him at #11 and not even think twice about it... :devil:

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thank you, that is what impressed me the most. His hands are MUCH better then Kelly's from what I've seen. Sorry Dwight I just don't think Kelly is beetter then Thomas based on what I've seen.

I completely agree with you on this point Kelly, In fact I really don't see why people are in love with Kelly. Just because he's tall maybe? I don't know but Thomas looks like the real deal to me. Kelly on the other hand looks good but not #11 good.

I really liked Thomas at the combine. Kelly didn't go, so it's tough to compare pure physical skills. I will say that I would put Thomas up in the late 1st to early 2nd. In reality, I think there will be a lot of duds in the WR class. I would feel comfortable taking Kelly at #11, but if the buzz is he is dropping for not working out yet, maybe you try to trade down to a point where Kelly, Thomas and Sweed will all be taken.

I like Kelly from gamefilm and I really feel he is built and moves like a TO or an Eric Moulds. That is why I want him. After watching the top 15-20 prospects, he looks like a slam dunk. Guys like Hardy of Indiana and Jackson of Cal don't do much for me. Later round guys I like are Burton of KY and DJ Hall of Alabama.

I admit I don't watch tons of college football, but I scout and run horses, which believe it or not is run just like the NFL combine. When you watch enough horse races and see enough horses, you learn what the good ones look like. You can say the same about football players. The same anatomy and motion applies for both sets of athletes. The biggest worry when looking at a player is whether or not they can hold up over time. How symmetric are their bodies and where can you expect wear. One of my biggest quams with Marshawn Lynch last year is the fact that he runs a little bow legged and will put pressure on his ankles. His college film would have scared me off. I don't expect him to be around 8-10 years from now and we probably should expect ankle and back injuries going forward. If he he can give you 12 good games a year for 5 years at the level he did in '07, then he was worth the risk. The good thing about Devin Thomas is that he is very fluid and doesn't waste much motion. He should hopefully give you longevity if picked. The only player that looked better at the combine was Dustin Keller.

Man, that guy is fast, and it seems like he doesn't care where the ball is, he's coming down with it.

Originally, I thought we'd look for a bigger, more physical receiver, but maybe that is the role that Teyo Johnson and Courtney Anderson will play. Who knows, maybe with those two big guys, we don't necessarily need a ginormous, hulking receiver. He looks like he will be a better pro than Kelly or Sweed. He and Hardy are my top two.

Man, that guy is fast, and it seems like he doesn't care where the ball is, he's coming down with it.

Originally, I thought we'd look for a bigger, more physical receiver, but maybe that is the role that Teyo Johnson and Courtney Anderson will play. Who knows, maybe with those two big guys, we don't necessarily need a ginormous, hulking receiver. He looks like he will be a better pro than Kelly or Sweed. He and Hardy are my top two.

Plus don't discount taking the bigger receiver in later rounds:

RD3--Jordy Nelson -Kansas St 6'3 4.5

RD4--Paul Hubbard-Wisc, 6'3,221,4.4 one of the best blockers in the draft

RD5--Adarius Bowman - Ok St 6'3,223,4.7

RD6--Mario Urrutia - Louvl,6'6",232,4.5

RD7--Marcus Monk - AK 6'4,222,4.5

RD7--Todd Blythe, Iowa St.6'5,214,4.6

7/UDFA--Ernie Wheelright,MN,6'5,215,4.5

7/UDFA--Marcus Henry,KS,6'4,207,4.5

7/UDFA--Chaz Shilens SDSt,6'4,208,4.3

7/UDFA--Jabari Arthur Akron, 6'4,228,4.65 Queb

7/UDFA--Micah Rucker, E Ill, 6'6 217,4.4

Astro

Plus don't discount taking the bigger receiver in later rounds:

RD3--Jordy Nelson -Kansas St 6'3 4.5

RD4--Paul Hubbard-Wisc, 6'3,221,4.4 one of the best blockers in the draft

RD5--Adarius Bowman - Ok St 6'3,223,4.7

RD6--Mario Urrutia - Louvl,6'6",232,4.5

RD7--Marcus Monk - AK 6'4,222,4.5

RD7--Todd Blythe, Iowa St.6'5,214,4.6

7/UDFA--Ernie Wheelright,MN,6'5,215,4.5

7/UDFA--Marcus Henry,KS,6'4,207,4.5

7/UDFA--Chaz Shilens SDSt,6'4,208,4.3

7/UDFA--Jabari Arthur Akron, 6'4,228,4.65 Queb

7/UDFA--Micah Rucker, E Ill, 6'6 217,4.4

Wow, didn`t think there was that much out there. Good research Astro. :devil:

so what are they trading up for?

Who on the board at #11 is a can't miss prospect?

who in the draft is a can't miss prospect? The draft is always a crap shoot. It does not matter if you have pick #1 or pick #11

who in the draft is a can't miss prospect? The draft is always a crap shoot. It does not matter if you have pick #1 or pick #11

you are lobbying for a trade down.

who is the great prize that a team will be giving up picks and cap room to move up for?

Since the draft is such a crap shoot why would any team give up resources and assets to limit their options by moving up (and for whom?)

Living in Michigan I watched a LOT of Devin Thomas at MSU. The guy is a beast. He has the size, but he's quick, has fantastic hands and is not afraid to take a hit over the middle. This is exactly what we need opposite Evans. Not to mention he goes up for jump balls and doesn't quit on plays. Many teams have moved him up to the top of their receiver draft charts after his phenomenal showing at the combine. Also, he doesn't have the injury concerns that Sweed and Kelly apparently do. If Buffalo stays at 11, they will likely take Thomas, or if they can move back and feel that he will be there, look for them to do that. Thomas and Kellen Davis are the only two prospects that I know of who have been called to OBD, so that should signal something. Still, I'd look for the Bills to take Fred Davis TE from USC if he is still on the board in the second.

Living in Michigan I watched a LOT of Devin Thomas at MSU. The guy is a beast. He has the size, but he's quick, has fantastic hands and is not afraid to take a hit over the middle. This is exactly what we need opposite Evans. Not to mention he goes up for jump balls and doesn't quit on plays. Many teams have moved him up to the top of their receiver draft charts after his phenomenal showing at the combine. Also, he doesn't have the injury concerns that Sweed and Kelly apparently do. If Buffalo stays at 11, they will likely take Thomas, or if they can move back and feel that he will be there, look for them to do that. Thomas and Kellen Davis are the only two prospects that I know of who have been called to OBD, so that should signal something. Still, I'd look for the Bills to take Fred Davis TE from USC if he is still on the board in the second.

Well, if he's as good as some are saying post-combine, Lee Evans will have to get used to being the #2 WR again. :thumbsup: