My Dying Mother

_BiB_

I love this country, but it's sad to see that AQ never imagined how effective they were at throwing a monkey wrench into the very heart of our democracy, which comes in the respect we have for each other as citizens with our own opinions. Little did they know (or maybe they did) the effect it'd have on splitting us from within.

I'm sure they did imagine it because they saw how liberals in this country act when you challenge them in a way that requires military involvement. Notice it's only the libs complaining about how split the country is. Bush did a darn good job reminding people that this doesn't go back to 9/11, rather it has been that way since the early '90s.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sure they did imagine it because they saw how liberals in this country act when you challenge them in a way that requires military involvement.  Notice it's only the libs complaining about how split the country is.  Bush did a darn good job reminding people that this doesn't go back to 9/11, rather it has been that way since the early '90s.

69505[/snapback]

When what happened, the republicans went absolutely insane over Bill Clinton and split the country.

When what happened, the republicans went absolutely insane over Bill Clinton and split the country.

Or was it when the Republicans won the House in '94 followed by the Senate in '00 (for a few days) and '02 that the libs melted down? Based on the conduct of Ed Gillespie and Terry McAuliffe, I think most objective adults would see it is the Democrats who are the most bitterly partisan.

No, he lambasted him because he thinks the sentiment's faked and he's just pandering to the crowd. 

Personally, I agree with BiB.  At this point, I wouldn't put it past Kerry to just make stevestojan like that up.

69504[/snapback]

So, do you want documentation and corroboration that these were in fact, among her final words to Mr. Kerry? Somehow, I give him the benefit of the doubt that when he's talking about his mother telling him, "Integrity," he'd be telling the truth about it.

Journalists live by the phrase "If your mother says she loves you, check it out" but then again, that's just tongue-in-cheek....

Or was it when the Republicans won the House in '94 followed by the Senate in '00 (for a few days) and '02 that the libs melted down?  Based on the conduct of Ed Gillespie and Terry McAuliffe, I think most objective adults would see it is the Democrats who are the most bitterly partisan.

69511[/snapback]

It is beyond me how any democrat, any republican, any independent, any non-politically inclined person, or any citizen of the United States could say that either party is more partisan than the other. It is as split right down the middle as the country.

So, do you want documentation and corroboration that these were in fact, among her final words to Mr. Kerry? Somehow, I give him the benefit of the doubt that when he's talking about his mother telling him, "Integrity," he'd be telling the truth about it.

Journalists live by the phrase "If your mother says she loves you, check it out" but then again, that's just tongue-in-cheek....

69513[/snapback]

I wouldn't give anyone the benefit of the doubt for that story. If anyone told me that anyone's dying words were "Integrity, integrity, integrity", my response would be the same: "Sure...pull the other one." But to use it as a political tool is just low...hell, Kerry would have done much better to simply say "My late mother taught me the three most important things in life were 'integrity, integrity, integrity'.", thereby avoiding the whole "I'm using my mother's death to get votes" issue and implying that he'd been taught that all his life rather than just two years ago...AND not coming across as a pandering schmuck while doing it.

Actually if his mothers final words were anything other than "I love you", then either a) Kerry is lying or B) She knew he is a lying scumbag son of a B word who needed to get some integrity.

I am thinking one, but the more I see Kerry it might be two, and he didn't heed her warnings.

It is beyond me how any democrat, any republican, any independent, any non-politically inclined person, or any citizen of the United States could say that either party is more partisan than the other. It is as split right down the middle as the country.

Agreed. This issue came up in response to UConn saying AQ caused the split. Looks like we both agree that Bush was right in saying the split goes back long before AQ. I think people also exaggerate the split. For some reason they think 55-45 is a clear majority but 51-49 is evenly split.

Agreed.  This issue came up in response to UConn saying AQ caused the split.  Looks like we both agree that Bush was right in saying the split goes back long before AQ.  I think people also exaggerate the split.  For some reason they think 55-45 is a clear majority but 51-49 is evenly split.

69545[/snapback]

Well, I was kind of referring to your effort of...

Based on the conduct of Ed Gillespie and Terry McAuliffe, I think most objective adults would see it is the Democrats who are the most bitterly partisan.

That wasn't the first time Kerry talked about his mother's words, he's spoken about it previously in interviews.

As for Mary Cheney, Kerry was supporting her rights to live as she wishes, while Bush said we should 'tolerate' such people. Which position is more offensive? It will be interesting to see what the Log Cabin Republicans think of it, given that they have not yet endorsed Bush because of his views and policies regarding gays.

Agreed.  This issue came up in response to UConn saying AQ caused the split.  Looks like we both agree that Bush was right in saying the split goes back long before AQ.

69545[/snapback]

I didn't quite say that AQ "caused" the split, just meant that the split was exacerbated to a sustained, constant level, the magnitude of which evokes the late '60s.

This is characterized by the ad hom attacks no longer being reserved for the politicians and Sunday morning shows, but John Q. Public walking down the street being shouted at for supporting this or that political party, even tho he may not agree with others in that same party or everything that party holds as a broad platform.

Either way, we're just not emphasizing our common goals. Everyone wants this country to be safer and more secure. People have different opinions in how best to make that happen. Whoever wins the election will pursue their plan and work hard to make it work.

Tom your getting cazy again. He never said it was her last words. He was asked about the importance of strong women in his life and he said "shortly before she died" his mother told him if he was running for prez he needed to have integrity. Was it pandering? These guys pander to us non stop. I could see a mother telling her son that. This is a silly issue. You may need to get caught up on your sleep.

stevestojan.  "Pile on" the dead guy's mother?  First of all...it has nothing to do with his mother, it has to do with whether you believe his "quote" of her "last words" was pandering nonsense.

Second...why not criticize the as?hole that made Kerry's mother a campaign issue in the first place: John F. Kerry.  Sure, he can use the death of a loved one for political gain...but anyone who points out that using it as a political tool (and more likely than not being dishonest about it - is anyone really dumb enough to belive her last words were "Integrity.  Intregity.  Intregity"?) is wrong for doing it.  Jesus Christ...who the !@#$ taught you right from wrong?  Do you people get your morals at some KMart blue-light special or something?

69484[/snapback]

Either way, we're just not emphasizing our common goals. Everyone wants this country to be safer and more secure. People have different opinions in how best to make that happen. Whoever wins the election will pursue their plan and work hard to make it work.

69675[/snapback]

And yet everyone continues to ignore the actual problem.

Well, I was kind of referring to your effort of...

Based on the conduct of Ed Gillespie and Terry McAuliffe, I think most objective adults would see it is the Democrats who are the most bitterly partisan.

Isn't it the nature of bitter partisanship that those in power are happy and those out of power are bitter? My point about McAuliffe and your point about Clinton are very consistent in that light.