What's your favorite BEER?

bartshan-83

As I've gotten older, wiser and snobbier, I've noticed my choice in beer has changed significantly. I'll still gladly shotgun a half-dozen Nattys at a tailgate or bong a few Stones...but I find myself (strangely) looking for a little more. So, I'm counting on some great suggestions here...I'll start:

Yuengling

- In my opinion, the perfect beer for any occasion. Not the world's best, but I can't ever think of a time where a Yuengling didn't sound like a great idea.

Magic Hat #9

- I grew up taking family vacations to South Burlington, VT and my older buddies used to go to the Magic Hat brewery tours and bring back shitloads. One of my first loves....great flavor.

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

- Dogfish is pretty much a local brewery to me (Rehoboth, DE) and a great restaurant/bar to hang out at if you ever come down this way. Some of their beers are a little rough, but 60 Minute is legit. The 120 will take you down a few pegs.

Chimay Red

- Went to a Beer tasting/guzzling dinner at a local restaurant a year or so ago. They served four kinds of Chimay, all of which were great. I blacked out that night but I remember the Red stood alone.

Shiner Bock/Blonde

- One of my roommates in college was from south TX and he used to bring up a case of each at the start of each semester. Never lasted too long.

Honorable Mentions:

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

Blue Moon

Guinness

Coors Light (eh, why not?)

I'm probably forgetting one or two...but I'm sure one of you will remember for me. Cheers!

:blink: :blink:

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Too many to mention right now, as I have to leave. But, my current "go-to" beer is Newcastle. Lighter than what I used to drink, but still has flavor. It's also widely available in this area (as is Yuengling...but not their Lord Chesterfield Ale, which I prefer). If they'd bump the alcohol to 9% or 10%, it would be perfect.

My mainstay is either Gordon Biersch Marzen or Bass Ale. Chimay Red for special occassions.

I recently blew a keg and my guy at BevMo didn't have either available so I took his recommendation for a 5-gallon keg of Alesmith IPA (brewed in San Diego). It's a very interesting, hoppy beer of which I have grown very fond the past couple of days. Unfortunately, he failed to tell me that its alcohol content is 7.75%, which is a significantly higher (relatively speaking) than my Marzen, so I got unexpectedly lit the first night I tried it.

my favorite beer is my next one.....way too many beers out there to pick a favorite..but legend brewing company, richmond, va is waaaaaaaaay up there

As I've gotten older, wiser and snobbier, I've noticed my choice in beer has changed significantly. I'll still gladly shotgun a half-dozen Nattys at a tailgate or bong a few Stones...but I find myself (strangely) looking for a little more. So, I'm counting on some great suggestions here...I'll start:

Yuengling

- In my opinion, the perfect beer for any occasion. Not the world's best, but I can't ever think of a time where a Yuengling didn't sound like a great idea.

Magic Hat #9

- I grew up taking family vacations to South Burlington, VT and my older buddies used to go to the Magic Hat brewery tours and bring back shitloads. One of my first loves....great flavor.

Dogfish Head 60 Minute IPA

- Dogfish is pretty much a local brewery to me (Rehoboth, DE) and a great restaurant/bar to hang out at if you ever come down this way. Some of their beers are a little rough, but 60 Minute is legit. The 120 will take you down a few pegs.

Chimay Red

- Went to a Beer tasting/guzzling dinner at a local restaurant a year or so ago. They served four kinds of Chimay, all of which were great. I blacked out that night but I remember the Red stood alone.

Shiner Bock/Blonde

- One of my roommates in college was from south TX and he used to bring up a case of each at the start of each semester. Never lasted too long.

Honorable Mentions:

Sam Adams Cherry Wheat

Blue Moon

Guinness

Coors Light (eh, why not?)

I'm probably forgetting one or two...but I'm sure one of you will remember for me. Cheers!

:beer: :beer: