Urlacher fined $100,000

Chilly

he can get fined 100 grand for wearing a unapproved hat,but mike vick can give fans the middle finger and get a lesser fine?

it seems the nfl really needs to revisit their prioritys.

The NFL knows where the 100 grand is coming from, and it ain't Urlacher's wallet.

The NFL knows where the 100 grand is coming from, and it ain't Urlacher's wallet.

i never thought of it that way,but you do make sense.it is still a shame that the money end has priority over morals and trouble makers.i am sure you are totally correct.they know vitamin water will glady pay the fine and send brian on a nice vacation before the season starts.

Just one more reason why sports is slowly dying.... the NFL can market the heck out of Urlacher, sell his jersey and make even more AND they can tell him what to endorse or what to drink? Apparently NFL players can't make a choice on their own.

So basically what the NFL just said is that Urlacher as an NFL player can't profit individually from a product that the NFL doesn't also make money from. They need their cut, they're like the mafia.

The person who made the obvisouly inequality with the Vick middle finger episode nailed it... this league is concerned with one thing and one thing only.... money. They don't care about the fans as long as the and revenue increases.

I love the sport, hate the people, hate the greed and hate the corporate mentality.

Funny because I've railed against the BS in this league for the last 5 or so years and about 2 weeks ago I emailed the Bills about seasons and today I replied back with a link to this story telling them "no thanks."

So basically what the NFL just said is that Urlacher as an NFL player can't profit individually from a product that the NFL doesn't also make money from. They need their cut, they're like the mafia.
I supposed that's one way to look at it, but that's not really the case. If the NFL has a contract with a competitor like Gatorade, you can bet your ass that Gatorade is giving the NFL a crapload of cash with the caveat that the players only publically use and promote Gatorade. If I were Gatorade, I'd be pissed as schitt about that.

And again, being an NFL player is not a right, it's a privilege. Players have to abide by the rules.

If you think it's like the mafia, that's just really stretching it.

And incidentally, if you think the NFL is dying, you haven't been paying very close attention.

The fine is totally justified. "Vitamin Water" is a free-loader.

They probably baked the expected NFL $100,000 fine into the stipend they gave Urlacher.

I can't imagine Vitaminwater didn't expect the hundreds of web sources that picked up the newswire on the story

Count this as a win for Vitaminwater.

From the article:

The fine recalls an episode involving Chicago quarterback Jim McMahon in the playoffs following the 1985 season, the previous time the Bears made the Super Bowl.

McMahon wore a headband that said "adidas" in a playoff game against the New York Giants, and then-commissioner Pete Rozelle fined him $5,000 because the shoe company was not an NFL sponsor. The following week, in the NFC title game against the Los Angeles Rams, McMahon wore a headband that read "rozelle."

Funny stuff.

Urlacher got pwned by the NFL for wearing a hat with a logo from a non-sponsor.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ap-b...p&type=lgns

I once got pwned at Hamlin beach. Just one of those casual hook ups. She was about 2 or 3 years older than me and certainly had more experience. But that was a long time ago. So long in fact that you could'nt ever use the term "pwned" on a web site. In fact, there was not even a web then. Now that I think about it there was'nt even a word "pwned" back then. My how times have changed.

Horrendous! Even though I'm sure Vitamin Water is picking up the tab, it is still an outrageous abuse of power by the NFL. They should be ashamed of themselves, IMO.

The person who made the obvisouly inequality with the Vick middle finger episode nailed it... this league is concerned with one thing and one thing only.... money. They don't care about the fans as long as the and revenue increases.

I love the sport, hate the people, hate the greed and hate the corporate mentality.

Which is exactly why I believe the league fixes games like the Pittsburg/Seattle SB.

he can get fined 100 grand for wearing a unapproved hat,but mike vick can give fans the middle finger and get a lesser fine?

it seems the nfl really needs to revisit their prioritys.

The NFL's a business, not a friggin' nanny.

I mean, I see your point...but business, not nanny.

The NFL's a business, not a friggin' nanny.

I mean, I see your point...but business, not nanny.

I hear you're looking for a nanny who's ALL business...if you get my drift. :wallbash: