Tim Anderson

I'll be honest, the re-signing of Tim Anderson really surprised me. Is this indicative of the coach's lack of confidence in McCargo's future development?

This team has many bodies at defensive tackle right now, none of which are considered "run stoppers".

Odd move in my opinion.

I'll be honest, the re-signing of Tim Anderson really surprised me. Is this indicative of the coach's lack of confidence in McCargo's future development?

This team has many bodies at defensive tackle right now, none of which are considered "run stoppers".

Odd move in my opinion.

He was a RFA. He was tendered an offer to cover the Bills . He can still be cut at no cost.

he also did put on a large amount of weight. maybe he wants to become this team's run stuffer and show he can play. Mcargo will be the big, penetrating sack machine in a couple years, and Anderson will be soley a nose tackle. no contest between the two, they are confident in Mcargo.

he also did put on a large amount of weight. maybe he wants to become this team's run stuffer and show he can play. Mcargo will be the big, penetrating sack machine in a couple years, and Anderson will be soley a nose tackle. no contest between the two, they are confident in Mcargo.

Link? I haven't seen anything about him putting on weight, how much we talking about? McCargo--jury is still out.

trade value!!! other teams in the league may feel anderson would be an upgrade for their defensive line

1) trade bait for 2008 draft picks...has washington traded any 2008 picks yet? greg williams may want anderson for his rotation.

2) 2007 picks...detroit has 4 5th round picks...would they be interested in a 3 yr dt for their rotation

3) chicago bears... dt concerns,8 game suspension,2 players coming off injuries! i would not be at all surprised to see a trade for lance briggs involving swapping first round picks and anderson/hargrove. why? ralph wilson concerned about stopping the run,levy does not like starting rookies,jauron familiar with briggs and played the same defense.

4)stay tuned!

trade value!!! other teams in the league may feel anderson would be an upgrade for their defensive line

1) trade bait for 2008 draft picks...has washington traded any 2008 picks yet? greg williams may want anderson for his rotation.

2) 2007 picks...detroit has 4 5th round picks...would they be interested in a 3 yr dt for their rotation

3) chicago bears... dt concerns,8 game suspension,2 players coming off injuries! i would not be at all surprised to see a trade for lance briggs involving swapping first round picks and anderson/hargrove. why? ralph wilson concerned about stopping the run,levy does not like starting rookies,jauron familiar with briggs and played the same defense.

4)stay tuned!

That's good to know. Thanks for the heads up ^_^

The plain fact is that no matter how you cut it, if we can't defend the run we are not going anywhere. It is our BIGGEST problem. Hence Okoye is the surest and most impact player we can draft. Willis is the second biggest. It would not be a bad idea to draft defensive players in the first and second round. We could go into the next season with existing running backs and do okay. We could go into the next season with the existing receiving corps and do okay. We could go into the season with existing cornerbacks in the Cover 2 and do okay. Crowell, Ellison and Wire MIGHT be okay at linebacker..but they at LEAST need depth and a stud middle linebacker to complement OLB's Crowell and Ellison sounds like a good move. Okoye could make the defensive line formidable from both a pass rush and run stopping point of view and could be the biggest impact player we could draft. Willis MIGHT be a huge impact player as well. In any event one of the two should be available. Peterson? if available I'd give serious thought but would have to be aware that he does nothing as to our most glaring problem.

Damn straight. Marv will stockpile 3rd round picks, you just wait and see.

Yes, I agree! Did you also know that if you acquire 4 picks in any given round you can trade those four picks in for two picks in the next round higher! I think that is the plan. We can definitely trade Tim Anderson for a 3rd round pick and then move someone else for a 3rd round pick, maybe the A-TRAIN, and then trade our 4 second round picks in for two more 2nd round picks!!

The plain fact is that no matter how you cut it, if we can't defend the run we are not going anywhere. It is our BIGGEST problem. Hence Okoye is the surest and most impact player we can draft. Willis is the second biggest. It would not be a bad idea to draft defensive players in the first and second round. We could go into the next season with existing running backs and do okay. We could go into the next season with the existing receiving corps and do okay. We could go into the season with existing cornerbacks in the Cover 2 and do okay. Crowell, Ellison and Wire MIGHT be okay at linebacker..but they at LEAST need depth and a stud middle linebacker to complement OLB's Crowell and Ellison sounds like a good move. Okoye could make the defensive line formidable from both a pass rush and run stopping point of view and could be the biggest impact player we could draft. Willis MIGHT be a huge impact player as well. In any event one of the two should be available. Peterson? if available I'd give serious thought but would have to be aware that he does nothing as to our most glaring problem.

If we don't have a running game (and A-Train w/ Shaud and the NFLE guy is not going to give them a running game) will put more pressure on JP and the WR's eliminating the offence from the game. RB is as much of a need right now as stopping the run. If they didn't plan on upgrading the RB spot, the Willis move was a dumb one and a big mistake. The Bils will probably not go DT and take Okoye because the cover 2 doews not use the DT's to stop the run as much as other defences, the LB's come in while the DT's penetrate to disrupt the play in the backfield. If they stay at 12 it will be for a RB or LB (probably whichever is the better player regardless of weither they are a LB or RB)

Doesn't matter if we have Walter Payton or Jim Brown doing the running. If we can't get on the field because we can't stop the run (witness the first New England game last year for instance.) it won't make one bit of difference whether we have a running game. The other team will run up the middle (as I predicted LAST year) and eat the clock and beat us most of the time.

I don't think we were targetting Okoye or Branch anyway. McCargo, Williams, Walker, and Tripplett are our top four DTs. Tim Anderson might be able to compete for the 5th spot, should we decide to keep one. I don't think a rookie first round pick or the four veterans already on the roster would even be considered for the 5th spot.

Yes, I agree! Did you also know that if you acquire 4 picks in any given round you can trade those four picks in for two picks in the next round higher! I think that is the plan. We can definitely trade Tim Anderson for a 3rd round pick and then move someone else for a 3rd round pick, maybe the A-TRAIN, and then trade our 4 second round picks in for two more 2nd round picks!!

BRILLIENT! All we have to do is stockpile mediocre players and someone will give us a 3rd to take them off our hands.

Can 5th round compensation picks work in the same way? Say we have 4 compensation picks, can we trade them for one 4th rounder?

Finally, how many 5th round picks would we have to acquire to obtain an extra 1st rounder?

BRILLIENT! All we have to do is stockpile mediocre players and someone will give us a 3rd to take them off our hands.

Can 5th round compensation picks work in the same way? Say we have 4 compensation picks, can we trade them for one 4th rounder?

Finally, how many 5th round picks would we have to acquire to obtain an extra 1st rounder?

Nothing takes the steam out of an ironic criticism faster than a misspelling in the first word.... :blink: