Should we try and trade for Clinton Portis

marck

As I was reviewing the scarcity of running backs available in this draft my thoughts drited to teams with a surplus. San Diego wants too much for Michael Turner, the free agent backs left in Chris Brown and Cory Dillon are really unappealing and this directed me to the Washingto Redskins.

Last year after Portis got injured, Ladell Betts came in and rushed for 100+ yards in their last five games. With Washington having two quality backs and a lack of draft choice and major cap issues one way to alleviate the problems is to deal one of the two backs.

I would push for Portis as he is two years younger is a better receiver out of the backfield and on a longer term contract.

My suggestion is to offer our 3rd received from Baltimore for Willis and our 4th this year.

Please think this over and send over your feedback.

If Willis went for a pair of 3's, why not a comparable deal for Portis?

I highly doubt that we would only trade a late 3rd and 4th for a star RB. If we were able to trade those two picks for Portis, I'd do it in a heartbeat

As I was reviewing the scarcity of running backs available in this draft my thoughts drited to teams with a surplus. San Diego wants too much for Michael Turner, the free agent backs left in Chris Brown and Cory Dillon are really unappealing and this directed me to the Washingto Redskins.

Last year after Portis got injured, Ladell Betts came in and rushed for 100+ yards in their last five games. With Washington having two quality backs and a lack of draft choice and major cap issues one way to alleviate the problems is to deal one of the two backs.

I would push for Portis as he is two years younger is a better receiver out of the backfield and on a longer term contract.

My suggestion is to offer our 3rd received from Baltimore for Willis and our 4th this year.

Please think this over and send over your feedback.

There is no way that we can get portis for a 3 & 4th pick. Especially when we got two 3rds for Mcgahee. Portis is on a different level from Mcgahee. He's faster, more explosive, catch better, and block better than Willis. And the crazy thing is he's only a mopnth older than him. I know he's had injuries the past couple years but he always plays the game like it's his last. I'd love for us to trade for him. I'd take him for a 2 this year and third next pretty much the same as whomever gets the draft day trade for Turner will pay. And portis is also only 5 months older than turner but he's proven.

Where do all these illogical trade concepts come from?

Hey, what the hell, should we try and trade for Payton Manning?

How about talking Bledsoe out of retirement.

But no thinking about it i think making a trade for Laddel Betts would be awesome and cost efficiant for the bills any thoughts?

Please explain why this is an illogical trade concept.

It would be great if you were to actually make a football point you jerk.

Where do all these illogical trade concepts come from?

Hey, what the hell, should we try and trade for Payton Manning?

If Turner costs a 1 and 3 (which I don't think they would ever get for him), then Portis should at least cost that or more based on his performance from his 5 or so starting years in the NFL. The skins don't like draft picks, they like to sign and overpay free agents which if you have the money is not a bad route to take if you can get good team play out of them. Unfortunately for them Snyder and Gibbs have not been able to figure that out, even with the highest paid coaching staff in the NFL.

Don't think that they are gonna play ball on that deal, or even a better one.

And I think they will still suck next year, or as long as Campbell and/or Brunell are their QB

......Last year after Portis got injured, Ladell Betts came in and rushed for 100+ yards in their last five games.....

We already have one of the common factors for this phenomenon.

Dockery.