Trent Green Trade to Miami "Imminent"

I dont see the upside of trent green. He has a nasty habit of holding the ball forever and takes a lot of unnecessary sacks. His arm is sub par, and while he has good accuracy at best he can give miami a gus frerotte esque performance. Although I'd say Gus has/had a better arm. The Dolphins offer green less protection up front and a weaker run game. Every bit of greens 37 year old body will be exposed.

I think they are giving up a second DAY pick, not a second ROUND pick. It will probably be a 5th or 6th.

whoops my bad. i totally mis read that,but it is still nice to miami giving up draft picks to fix their quarterback situation.i am so glad that it appears j.p.losman is starting to pan out for the bills.usually the successfull teams have a settled quarterback for a five to seven year period. unless miami trades up for brady quinn they will be drafting or buying another quarterback soon.trent green is good ,but he is not a long term answer for them.go bills in"07

And vice versa.

Not quite. Randy Moss had two amazing years before Culpepper started throwing balloons his way. And he had two chumps throwing to him then too.

1998 69 1313 19.0 17 (Randall Cunningham)

1999 80 1413 17.7 11 (Jeff Fvcking George)

Moss made the QB, not the other way around. Eric Moulds thought he had it bad. Moss has never once had a QB worth a sht....hell he's barely had a mediocre one.

Culpepper hasnt done a thing without Moss

Remember how at the beginning of last season ( I think that it was ) Madden was featuring Culpeper in it's ads? They disappeared from the face of the Earth after week 7, I believe.

The Dolphins should write a book on everything not to do with quaterbacks.

Since the Danny Man-perm retired have they even tried to draft a QB? Funny how much difference a year makes. They had a former all pro QB and we had a young unproven kid called by some the worst starter in the league. :D

It might be a good idea to hold off on the celebrating. As much as you need players with ability it is almost as equally important to have players that fit your system. Green knows Cameron and his system pretty good and I suspect that he won't miss a beat. There's others who will fit this system and help contribute offensively. Although RB Ronnie Brown and TE David Martin are no LT or Gates, they are the type of players that make this offense work. They also have Booker, who could be a plus, and their rookie kid Hagan could surprise. They also have a good to a very good aging defense.

The good news is that their O-Line is still unsettled and unless they resolve this before the season starts Green won't see the end of the year. I don't think that the draft will be able to provide the help that they need for this year, so look for June 1st cuts or even possibly a trade for this type of help.

They do have Lemon, who like Green, knows Cameron's system. He might not be a HOFer but I would expect him to at least to be able to come in and run the offense efficently if need be.

I'm not promoting the Fins because I don't think that they accomplish too much in the win column but they could cause us some trouble. I'm just not going to take them lightly.